BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for sale/wanted/trade

EXXEL Distributions

12-29-2019, 04:07 AM   #1
Kgimenez
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 335i xdrive 6MT

2010 Black Sapphire E90 335i xDrive 6MT Single Turbo N54

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 16,000.00

Or Best Offer

Item Interest
Testing waters on my Black Sapphire 2010 BMW 335i xDrive 6MT E90 with a single turbo kit.

Will consider trading up to an E90 M3 or Carbon Roof E92 M3

Clean Title in hand, no need to sell
VIN WBAPL3C54AA776106
123,xxx miles currently

The mileage shouldn't scare you as this car has been maintained like a top and taken care of its whole life. If the mileage scares you, this is not the car for you. Any N54 car requires lots of maintenance and this car has had everything done. I am the third owner and I purchased this car from an older military man, who appeared to be in his 50's, who told me he bought it from one of his good military buddies. The cars dash read 21 mpg average when I purchased the car at 117k miles a year and a half ago and was completely stock. He babied this car. It was not easy finding a nice manual in this condition.

I have the CarFax from when I purchased the car, it shows 2 previous owners before me and 1 small accident reported 04/05/2010 to the rear of the car. I have never been able to notice any signs of previous damage. Other wise records showed constant dealership maintenance prior to my ownership.

I have not spared a dollar when it comes to maintaining the car. I religiously have always warmed up the car and let it cool down before every drive. I initially went FBO on the stock twins until the internal wastegates stopped holding boost properly. The most power the car ever saw was estimated to about 420-450 hp on e40 tune from BQ with factory turbos pushing 21psi for less than 7k miles. The stock turbos never made noise or smoked, just those pesky wastegates, which are known to be problematic, failed. At that point I decided to not continue dealing with internally managed wastegate turbos again and rather invest in a single turbo and external wastegate set up. DGautowerkes sells custom turbo kits for the N54 platform (for a damn good price) but he had never made one for an xDrive car. He took my car in as the template to start making AWD turbo manifolds. I just received the car back and am pending to finish tuning the car with BQ. The single turbo kit does not have more than 200 miles on it currently.

Exterior
Black Sapphire with tan interior.
Super clean body and interior
Car only has 1 small ding
The front lip was from eBay and i never got the passenger side to stick on right
Headlights have some fade to them and the adaptive headlights pops up on the dash every so often.
The rear trunk has some slight paint chips around the edge which appear to be as if the previous owner had a bike rack on the trunk.
Stock wheels, sleeper status.

Im trying to be as clear and transparent as possible so if you are interested don't hesitate to reach out.

Performance
Turbo kit by @DGautowerkes
Borg Warner s300sx-e
Turbosmart comp single wastegate with open dump tube
Upgraded intercooler
Walboro 450 pump in bucket (similar to stage 2)
Charge pipe
Authentic Tial BOV
550i/335is Clutch kit (Luk oem brand)
Motiv Boost box
MHD tablet and cable
At this moment I am running off wastegate pressure until I finish the tuning process.

The downpipe is a custom Y made to connect to the factory twin exhaust.
The exhaust is still setup for my previous twin turbos. It is primarily all stock piping with a cat delete, X-pipe in place of the factory resonator, and 2 Borla muffler in place of the stock muffler. Car is just as quiet as is it when stock until the wastegate opens. The way its set up now is probably a bit too restrictive for the single turbo set up.

Maintenance
I took over ownership at 117k miles and all the following maintenance has been done between 117k miles and 123k miles

Just switched to Rotella T6 engine oil, previous 2 oil changes were Mobil 1 Full Syntec
Dealer warrantied all 6 injectors (index 12 now) and factory HPFP
New Spark plugs and coils (cooler plugs)
Walnut blasting
2 new primary O2 sensors
New serpentine belt and tensioner
Valve cover gasket
Rear brake pads and rotors (Fronts still had plenty of life, otherwise I would've changed them)
Transmission fluid, transfer case, and both diffs have been replaced with oem fluid.
Tires still have plenty of life and were changed recently before my ownership
There might be more stuff Im missing

Pending
Oil filter housing gasket has not been changed but I have one I never got around to install. It is minimally damp at the moment
Still pending a proper oil catch can set up as well.
Will update once BQ and I finish tuning.

Sorry for the pictures as it rained this morning

I can text the carfax and new pics right away just ask
asking 16k my name is Kevin

Appreciate 0