European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

12-17-2019, 11:37 AM   #1
SaMaster14
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 M3C xDrive; '13 e92 M3

Garage List
BMW M-Performance Carbon Fiber Grill Surround

I saw some carbon kidneys on an M2 and thought they looked great... but have never seen them on the M3/4.

Checked iND and saw that these are an OEM M-Performance part and ordered a pair during their Black Friday sale. I think they look awesome and compliment all of the other carbon bits quite well!
Attached Images

2023 G80 M3 Competition xDrive Isle of Man Green on Kyalami Orange full leather - 826M black wheels - Carbon Fiber Trim - Carbon Bucket Seats - Executive/Driving Assist/Parking Packages - Laserlight - M Shadowline Lights - M Drive Pro - CS Trans/Diff/Steering Coding
2013 E92 M3 Mineral White on Bamboo Beige noviello leather (Base w/ Nav, Comfort Access, Lighting Pack) - DINAN Stage 1 and Free Flow Axle-Back Exhaust
Appreciate 1
Carb0n M103.50
      12-20-2019, 09:55 PM   #2
drgmt
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: M4

Looks great.

Hydrodipped my stock ones for a fraction of the price - looks as good as the real thing.

Last edited by drgmt; 01-14-2020 at 04:28 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2019, 06:49 AM   #3
Sublimeside
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 YMB ZCP, 2022 F97 X3M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaMaster14 View Post
I saw some carbon kidneys on an M2 and thought they looked great... but have never seen them on the M3/4.

Checked iND and saw that these are an OEM M-Performance part and ordered a pair during their Black Friday sale. I think they look awesome and compliment all of the other carbon bits quite well!
I bought the same ones. Well initially I bought the non OEM ones and the CF was imperfect. Exchanged them for the real ones an couldn't be happier. Also got the grille logo painted ymb. One odd thing - the CF surrounds were cemented to the grille inserts. Were yours cemented? The gloss black ones that came original with the car weren't.
Attached Images

2022 F97 X3M Competition | Dark Graphite Metallic | Tartufo Extended Merino Leather
Appreciate 1
SaMaster144439.00
      12-26-2019, 08:26 AM   #4
SaMaster14
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublimeside View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaMaster14 View Post

I bought the same ones. Well initially I bought the non OEM ones and the CF was imperfect. Exchanged them for the real ones an couldn't be happier. Also got the grille logo painted ymb. One odd thing - the CF surrounds were cemented to the grille inserts. Were yours cemented? The gloss black ones that came original with the car weren't.
I don't remember exactly, but I think mine came the same way.
2023 G80 M3 Competition xDrive Isle of Man Green on Kyalami Orange full leather - 826M black wheels - Carbon Fiber Trim - Carbon Bucket Seats - Executive/Driving Assist/Parking Packages - Laserlight - M Shadowline Lights - M Drive Pro - CS Trans/Diff/Steering Coding
2013 E92 M3 Mineral White on Bamboo Beige noviello leather (Base w/ Nav, Comfort Access, Lighting Pack) - DINAN Stage 1 and Free Flow Axle-Back Exhaust
Appreciate 1
      01-03-2020, 01:49 PM   #5
SaMaster14
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by drgmt View Post
Looks great.

Hydrodipped my stock ones for a fraction of the price - looks as good as the real thing.
I like the look!

I was honestly just getting disappointed with the plasticky and unsubstantial feel of the grills on the F8x, compared to the newer generation BMW vehicles. The real carbon fiber gives the grills a more robust feel and look (even though I'll most likely be the only one touching them/really inspecting them up close haha)
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2020, 05:35 PM   #6
CarbonFiberCo
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

The weave pattern on the non-OEM grilles is almost always off. So if you're someone who really is nitpicky with weave patterns and want it to reflect as close to OEM as possible, I always just recommend going OEM. The carbon grilles look especially good with some other touches of carbon up front, like the front splitters! And that's where the slippery slope of adding carbon fiber begins. The small trim pieces are added, followed by side skirts, and then a rear diffuser and spoiler Looks awesome, OP!
Appreciate 2