BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-25-2019, 04:00 PM   #1
Garcia_f24
Private
Rep
Drives: Range Rover SVR — X5M (

A few questions before getting my X5m

Hey all,

Im looking at getting a 2016 X5M, but I have a few questions Im hopping you guys can help answer beforehand.

1.Since 2016 models dont have Apple carplay, is there any way to add it to it? I know I can change the headunit and display, but Im wondering if that is the only way.

2. Is there a way to update to the 6wb digital cluster? I looked all over the place but the ones I found say that they are not compatible with X5M

Other than that, I've attached a few photos of the one I like the most, I'll probably go test drive it this weekend. Is there anything I should lookout for? or pay attention to other than obvious things when test driving a car?

Thanks for your help guys!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-25-2019, 04:54 PM   #2
Kraftwerk AG
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Mein F Fünfundachtzig Einhorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia_f24 View Post
Hey all,

Im looking at getting a 2016 X5M, but I have a few questions Im hopping you guys can help answer beforehand.

1.Since 2016 models dont have Apple carplay, is there any way to add it to it? I know I can change the headunit and display, but Im wondering if that is the only way.

2. Is there a way to update to the 6wb digital cluster? I looked all over the place but the ones I found say that they are not compatible with X5M

Other than that, I've attached a few photos of the one I like the most, I'll probably go test drive it this weekend. Is there anything I should lookout for? or pay attention to other than obvious things when test driving a car?

Thanks for your help guys!!
1. Lots of kits on the market to choose from. One example: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000192794400.html.

2. No way. If you did this conversion, you'd probably be the first to do it.

3. Check the service history and/or Carfax for starters. Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2019, 06:17 PM   #3
jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3|F15 X5 50i

Check out this thread regarding Apple CarPlay. It's definitely possible to add it, probably a few different ways?

https://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1632480

Have you read up on the X5M brake squealing? Just be prepared for that. I don't know if they all do it but it's pretty widespread. The one I test drove squealed horribly.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2019, 09:07 PM   #4
BeeMdblU
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: F86, F25, G16

You don't want the digital cluster, I owned both and rather the M version, sharper and more sporty IMO
Appreciate 1
TheVazha685.50