ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

11-17-2019, 08:00 AM   #1
Paragon1
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 SS2 F80 ZCP 666M

Garage List
Greetings, background, and a quick warranty question

First, hello everyone. Just purchased a '18 CPO SS2 ZCP w/ 5Kmi. This is my second attempt at BMW as my first was a tragic failure as the '17 MGM ZCP had about 18K in unreported damage, so it only lasted 3 weeks with me before uncovering it and fortunately the dealer (not a BMW dealer btw) took it back no questions, full refund. All for the better though as the current one is spec'd exactly how i wanted, no compromises at all, except for the fact its located in the northeast and I'm awaiting delivery.

Previous vehicles:
'15 4Runner Trail, Magnuson supercharged, lotsa other mods
'15 F150 (POS edition)
'10 4Runner Trail
'06 Lexus IS300
'01 VW Jetta Wolfsburg
'90 Nissan 300ZX
'92 Nissan 300ZXTT (RIP)

The 15 4R is staying with me as it facilitates my extensive list of other hobbies (M3 doesn't transport surfboards very well). Always preferred the look of sport sedans though, and the M3, IMHO is still the quintessential benchmark.

Now, like a good number of you, I want to "make it mine" as the saying goes, and have ordered a few extras to round out the look. Backline Tails (i understand they're polarizing to the community, but i like them), and also RKP Carbon skirts. Being that the skirts require using small screws to secure them to the underbody I'm wondering whether that will create issues with the warranty? Have any of you gotten any flack from your service managers for this? I tried the search and it came up blank.

Cheers
Appreciate 0