EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > DIY and Coding Discussions

09-15-2019, 08:23 PM   #1
Baboonfury
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5

Driver and Passenger Restraint System Malfunction

I removed my driver and passenger seats today to clean them, and the carpet underneath, and I forgot that I needed to disconnect the battery. I now have a Driver and Passenger Restraint System Malfunction error. What tools are people using these days to reset codes? I'm not looking to invest a ton since I won't be changing any settings, I just want to clear it and move on at the lowest cost. Dealership isn't an option since I'm in a 2015 and am out of warranty.

I was looking at the C110+ but I'm unclear if the F80 is supported. Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2019, 12:36 PM   #2
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baboonfury View Post
I removed my driver and passenger seats today to clean them, and the carpet underneath, and I forgot that I needed to disconnect the battery. I now have a Driver and Passenger Restraint System Malfunction error. What tools are people using these days to reset codes? I'm not looking to invest a ton since I won't be changing any settings, I just want to clear it and move on at the lowest cost. Dealership isn't an option since I'm in a 2015 and am out of warranty.

I was looking at the C110+ but I'm unclear if the F80 is supported. Thanks in advance.
The first obvious question....are you sure you reconnected everything correctly?

I have pulled airbags and seats without disconnecting battery in past without an error. Your results might easily vary as people often experience different results depending on some variable.

If you are sure of your connection, you can try ISTA to reset as a Dealer would. See the coding thread.

Never hurts to call the Dealer, tell them what you did and ask what they would charge for a simple reset. Even think about upgrading your istep level at the same time.
Appreciate 0