proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > DIY and Coding Discussions

09-09-2019, 09:49 AM   #1
David0ff
Combined Applications Group
Canada
Rep
Drives: Lada Scrapus Trofeo R

Hey All!

Over the weekend I had some fun installing the GC coils and plates, pretty straight forward.

I wanted to post this not as a step by step DIY but more of a helpful points for others to be aware of.

-not necessary to remove strut from knuckle
-hammering the stuff off the front strut and hammering the sleeve(s) is easy just needs some patience (check pix for "depth")
-centring the from top plates in the hole by working the 5 nuts is crucial so you can re install the aluminum bar, have front of car lifted makes it easier. Only fully tighten the front 5 nuts once you know the aluminum bar fits OEM.
-use a washer under the 3 nuts which attach aluminum bar to top plate, if you don't have space you installed something wrong.
-fitment of GC + apex SM10 19x10+25 285/30/19 = good, no spacer required.

No pix of back, noting special back there

I have 450/800 springs, base M4 adaptive suspension, love this setup. Street tested it and I'm amazed at how good it is, previously on H&R super sports.

Brake diving is practically eliminated as is acceleration squatting. Car is levelled and super responsive. I didn't realize how much of a boat it was prior to this.

Below is a track picture of a left handed 3rd gear around 100km/h on previous setup, which I thought was pretty flat but can't wait to try it with the new spring rates and camber settings.
I'm the black car.
I set my height to be the exact same as on the picture.

Track testing new setup tonight

If anyone has question please post but this install is super easy just takes some time and patience.
Attached Images