R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls

07-28-2019, 01:10 PM   #1
blktc
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335i Sportline

AC only blowing cold air driver side

Car: 2015 M3, 6MT, 34k miles

So basically what the subject states, is exactly the problem I'm having. The passenger side is getting warm air even when both temp dials are set to 60* F. Driver side is blowing cold air just fine.

This issue just started a few weeks back and I haven't been able to figure it out. I've researched and read somewhere that BMW cars draw cold air to the driver side first, if the system is being overworked. (Not sure if this did true)

I've also tried troubleshooting by blasting hot air on driver side and cold air on passenger side. This still didn't work.

I've also tried: Adjusted recirculating, ambient air temp setting, closing all driver vents, closing rear vents, leaving the far pass. side vent open Only. Is this as simple as getting the AC recharged?

I've never had an AC issue like this so I just wanted to see if anyone else experienced these problems and what their solution was. My wife won't sit in the car unless it's fixed (given that it's over 100*F, I wouldn't do that to her anyways).

Thanks in advanced. Ben
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2021, 03:22 PM   #2
fanofbmwe46
Major
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by blktc View Post
Car: 2015 M3, 6MT, 34k miles

So basically what the subject states, is exactly the problem I'm having. The passenger side is getting warm air even when both temp dials are set to 60* F. Driver side is blowing cold air just fine.

This issue just started a few weeks back and I haven't been able to figure it out. I've researched and read somewhere that BMW cars draw cold air to the driver side first, if the system is being overworked. (Not sure if this did true)

I've also tried troubleshooting by blasting hot air on driver side and cold air on passenger side. This still didn't work.

I've also tried: Adjusted recirculating, ambient air temp setting, closing all driver vents, closing rear vents, leaving the far pass. side vent open Only. Is this as simple as getting the AC recharged?

I've never had an AC issue like this so I just wanted to see if anyone else experienced these problems and what their solution was. My wife won't sit in the car unless it's fixed (given that it's over 100*F, I wouldn't do that to her anyways).

Thanks in advanced. Ben
Interested in this. We're you able to get it fixed?
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2021, 10:27 AM   #3
Tangent
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01, F82, E89, F25

Cold air only from the driver's side is a common symptom of being low on refrigerant. You can try to just add some but I'd highly recommend having a shop add dye to find the leak and getting it fixed properly.
Appreciate 0