Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

06-19-2019, 01:07 PM   #1
Twindad
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82

Tow hook for engine support

Hello all.

I recently had a run in with a small chunk of concrete in the road. It won the fight, so now I am going to be putting an oil pan on my F82.

In the service manual, it says to use the tow hook from the vehicle along with a support bar to support the engine for subframe removal. It does not reference a part number of any kind for the tow hook. It simply says to use the vehicle's tow hook and screw it into a provision in the front of the cylinder head. I see where it screws in.

One problem.....the tow hook in my car is not the right size or thread pitch to screw into the engine. It screws into the bumper just fine, but simply will not thread into the engine. It is just a stock 2015 M4. My local BMW dealership was less than helpful. Online search didn't yield anything. I even called several reputable BMW retailers who couldn't find anything.

Can anyone tell me what I need to get? Is it the hook from an older vehicle? Anyone have a part number?

Thanks in advance, everyone. I need to get her back the road!!
Appreciate 0