Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

05-19-2019, 01:07 PM   #1
NFAM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Driving Mode Changes By Itself and Drivetrain Malfunction

Team, I really need help here. Little background on the car. 2017 F82 M4, FBO w Pures. Problem first started about 2 years ago with JB4. I would get a fault but I can't remember why. But didn't seem to really affect the car. Fast forward to today. I have a Bootmod. I get multiple Drivetrain Warnings daily and they disappear. And then I get battery faults such as Electrical Power Supply Limited. And many times, the driving mode will change from efficient to sport or something else by itself. And sometimes, I'm driving and the cars driving power completely dies for about a second and then comes back. I've changed the main and auxiliary water pumps, alternator, battery, and most recently, the DME which was not cheap, all at the dealers request and the problem keeps reoccurring. I have no warranty due to the upgraded. I have thrown a bunch of money at this car and nothing seems to work. Does anyone have any idea what I could be dealing with?