European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

05-16-2019, 08:57 AM   #1
Chris@VargasTurboTech
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: All Things TurboCharged

VTT GC's claim first stock motor 9 sec pass... Flash Sale!

And then there was 9's. First and only completely stock motor S55 in the 9's! @bmmersolutions laying it down second time at the strip with GC turbos, @jordantuned @protuningfreaks and that's all it took. Congrats to everyone involved, the car will continue to get faster, and quicker. Keep in mind this is regular GC's not the GC+ which flows 20% more. Special flash sale for this accomplishment: https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1615037

Mod List included:

VTT GC turbos
Cary Jordan tune
Flash via BM3
Csf heat exchanger
Prometh meth kit
Snowperformance controller
SSP clutches
Vrsf downpipes w/cutouts
Ignite red Ethanol
Stock axles
Stock intercooler
Stock motor

https://www.facebook.com/jeners.niev...6538436122362/
Attached Images

Last edited by Chris@VargasTurboTech; 05-16-2019 at 06:16 PM..
Appreciate 5
smiff57.50
tom @ eas8207.50
guess2098516.00
      05-16-2019, 10:23 AM   #2
smiff
Private
Rep
Drives: M4

Appreciate 0
      05-16-2019, 10:56 AM   #3
Shadow2
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 MG F80 M3

Are these on ball bearings? If not do you offer that as an option?
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2019, 11:26 AM   #4
Chris@VargasTurboTech
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow2 View Post
Are these on ball bearings? If not do you offer that as an option?
These are Journal Bearing. We tested BB CHRA's along the way, found no real benefit in spool for this application. If you overlay our graphs with some Ball Bearing upgrades currently found on the market you will see our units spool better, and hold similar power up top for 1/3rd of the price. While Ball Bearing CHRA's have distinct advantages in many applications. During our testing, we found the JB units performed as well as the BB at a much lower cost and had no reliability issues. Our original test set with over 35K miles on them were sent back to us, they show close to zero wear showing on the parts after disassembly, we will be making a post showcasing this soon.

Bottom line, if you are not gaining anything in spool, and we have seen outstanding reliability with these, we felt there was no need to offer a BB unit. Not to say we cannot change our mind in the future if the demand is high enough, but right now we just do not see a need considering these units are already breaking all the stock motor records first time out...
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2019, 12:16 PM   #5
Kuervers
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 19 M2C HS,6sp 16 X5 35i

Need to fix your flat rate shipping. $55 to ship a $90 CBC to canada? At that rate i might as well look at UK
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2019, 02:50 PM   #6
Sales@KRATOS
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: The Spirit of Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris@VargasTurboTech View Post
These are Journal Bearing. We tested BB CHRA's along the way, found no real benefit in spool for this application. If you overlay our graphs with some Ball Bearing upgrades currently found on the market you will see our units spool better, and hold similar power up top for 1/3rd of the price. While Ball Bearing CHRA's have distinct advantages in many applications. During our testing, we found the JB units performed as well as the BB at a much lower cost and had no reliability issues. Our original test set with over 35K miles on them were sent back to us, they show close to zero wear showing on the parts after disassembly, we will be making a post showcasing this soon.

Bottom line, if you are not gaining anything in spool, and we have seen outstanding reliability with these, we felt there was no need to offer a BB unit. Not to say we cannot change our mind in the future if the demand is high enough, but right now we just do not see a need considering these units are already breaking all the stock motor records first time out...

While we make it a point not to interfere in other vendors threads, we feel it necessary as quite a bit of information in this post is not factual and pertains to us directly as we are the only patent pending True OEM Fitment Dual Ceramic BB turbo manufacturer for the S55 platform at the price point stated.

First off, we are a True Manufacturer and our KRAS55Bi system is comprised of a significantly larger rotor group and spool characteristics with our Dual Ceramic BB CHRA's have very fast transient response. To compare spool characteristics of your much smaller rotor group that's journal bearing with no factual proof of any AR increase data or back pressure testing vs. a much larger rotor group that's Dual Ceramic BB with proven back pressure tested larger runner diameter/increased AR ratio manifold, and say that yours spools faster for a 1/3 of the price is a completely inaccurate statement against what our engineer's have designed and produced. This is one of the many reasons as to why there is such a drastic difference in power output and delivery as compared to your offerings.

You also state that your turbos hold similar power to what our KRAS55Bi's produce in the upper rpm band, which is also a false and misleading statement as you have no data provided thus far that supports these claims at any given boost level. We are also completely transparent in the data we provide as we post all data channels in our logs as a true manufacturer should.

Your current offering is an aftermarket TD04 CHRA, yet you state that you have over 35K miles on the same journal bearing turbos without fail. What you failed to mention is that those turbos are utilizing a genuine factory BMW TF035 CHRA and not the aftermarket TD04.

Lastly, it is a proven fact that Dual Ceramic BB CHRA's are more durable, have increased efficiency and thrust load capability, and faster transient response than that of any journal bearing CHRA's. Of course these characteristics are not always achievable when utilizing low quality overseas TD04 BB CHRA's produced by a third party. This is why our CHRA's perform so well without failure with our time attack and 25 Hour Endurance Race Cars. This is true durability testing, not 1/4 mile and 1/2 mile runs that are WOT for less than 20 seconds.

As we congratulate you on your achievements, we don't wish to involve ourselves in your thread any further. We felt obligated to clarify the information posted and ask that you please let your product speak for itself rather than comparing and providing misinformation about our products directly.

Last edited by Sales@KRATOS; 05-16-2019 at 08:15 PM..
Appreciate 6
      05-16-2019, 02:58 PM   #7
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

I'm always confused when somebody says a completely stock S55, but has aftermarket turbos? That doesn't sound like a completely stock S55 to me.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2019, 04:16 PM   #8
TR930
Car Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3 TB/AB

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
I'm always confused when somebody says a completely stock S55, but has aftermarket turbos? That doesn't sound like a completely stock S55 to me.
Stock internals and stock fuel system is generally implied.
Appreciate 1
minn1914034.50
      05-16-2019, 06:34 PM   #9
Chris@VargasTurboTech
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Sorry for the confusion, nowhere on here does it say completely stock. It says stock motor, which it 100% is. The motor is the bottom end and head. Which is what everyone refers to when they say stock motor.
Appreciate 1
minn1914034.50
      05-16-2019, 06:46 PM   #10
FriedPiston
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Scraper

Congrats VTT gang! They say it's all in the launch, but that 142 mph trap isn't anything to sleep on.

Unfortunately for us mainland folks, NHRA rules prohibit cars from exceeding 135 mph without acquiring a competition license.
Appreciate 1
      05-17-2019, 07:30 AM   #11
Chris@VargasTurboTech
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nars3000 View Post
Congrats VTT gang! They say it's all in the launch, but that 142 mph trap isn't anything to sleep on.

Unfortunately for us, mainland folks, NHRA rules prohibit cars from exceeding 135 mph without acquiring a competition license.
NHA rules are the same at all sanctioned NHRA tracks. Most are more lax on the MPH rule, such as Sacramento our semi-local track has let us run 141+ on multiple occasions, but as soon as you breach the 10.00 barrier you have to have a cage. Same happened here, they ran multiple passes 140+ and were allowed to continue. As soon as they ran the 9.93 they were promptly booted from the track.

Ps. Told you 1.6 60 ft was easily doable..
Appreciate 1
      05-17-2019, 08:43 AM   #12
Chris@VargasTurboTech
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales@KRATOS View Post
While we make it a point not to interfere in other vendors threads
Yet here you are. Well since you are here Abid. First off hello, long time no talk. Its been what 6 years? This really isn't the place to do this, sir. If people want to buy your upgrade based on dyno numbers that is their choice, but please do not to try to sell them in a thread about our properly priced S55 turbo upgrades breaking actual real-world records on the track. This forum has strict rules about vendor/vendor interactions, your post has been reported. Please stay in your own threads from now on, you won't find us in them. Thanks!

Last edited by Chris@VargasTurboTech; 05-17-2019 at 08:53 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2019, 08:52 AM   #13
M3anPower
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales@KRATOS View Post
While we make it a point not to interfere in other vendors threads
Yet here you are. Well since you are here Abid. First off hello, long time no talk. Its been what 6 years? Next, we are all aware of your slick marketing to try to persuade people to spend $9000 of their hard earned money on a turbo upgrade. Those foam cutouts have to be worth what $1000-$2000 of the price at least? All joking aside this really isn't the place to do it, sir. If people want to buy your upgrade based on dyno numbers that is their choice, but please do not to try to sell them in a thread about our properly priced S55 turbo upgrades breaking actual real-world records on the track. This forum has strict rules about other vendors posting in a vendor thread, your post has been reported and will be removed. Please stay in your own threads from now on, you won't find us in them. Thanks!
Chris, why don't you mention that your "world record" is actually fake? The car is stripped completely from inside and that my friend is a flag.. sorry to bust your bubble but you can't be in world record with stripped interior .
Appreciate 1
      05-17-2019, 09:23 AM   #14
Sales@KRATOS
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: The Spirit of Racing

Quote:
Yet here you are. Well since you are here Abid. First off hello, long time no talk. Its been what 6 years? This really isn't the place to do this, sir. If people want to buy your upgrade based on dyno numbers that is their choice, but please do not to try to sell them in a thread about our properly priced S55 turbo upgrades breaking actual real-world records on the track. This forum has strict rules about vendor/vendor interactions, your post has been reported. Please stay in your own threads from now on, you won't find us in them. Thanks!
We are here to set the record straight as you chose to compare your product and call out KRATOS out directly with posting false, misguided, and uneducated claims, of which you clearly have no answers for. This is how you choose to sell your product. Had you conducted your posts in professional manner and spoke about the merits of your own product rather than spreading false claims about KRATOS products to tout your own, we would have no reason to include ourselves in your thread.

Abid is the Chief Engineer as part of our engineering staff and does not handle social media accounts. While the KRATOS brand is designed by our engineering staff that he is a part of, the turbo systems we manufacture are property of Global Motoring Group, not his.

Last edited by Sales@KRATOS; 05-17-2019 at 11:58 PM..
Appreciate 3
      05-17-2019, 09:37 AM   #15
Chris@VargasTurboTech
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3anPower View Post
Chris, why don't you mention that your "world record" is actually fake? The car is stripped completely from inside and that my friend is a flag.. sorry to bust your bubble but you can't be in world record with stripped interior .
We are sorry you feel that way. The car runs seats removed for track sessions. That is the only weight removal. This is standard for a LOT of people running at the dragstrip. If removing seats disqualifies you, I think you are going to have to inform an awful lot of people their records are invalid. We encourage competition. We invite anyone to remove their seats and go run quicker.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2019, 10:27 AM   #16
FriedPiston
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
How is the record fake? Their claim is stock engine, meaning stock internals, albeit with upgraded turbos.

Do you have a copy of the World Record rule book saying what you can't or can't do? Would love to see where you're getting your official rules from.
Appreciate 1
      05-17-2019, 10:50 AM   #17
guess2098
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Taycan GTS, 2018 M4, 2016

Hater is always a hater..... VTT is not my 1st choice but record is a record. 6k mod to 9sec car is not a dream anymore

good job to VTT
Appreciate 2
      05-18-2019, 03:58 AM   #18
Ed_rx7
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by guess2098 View Post
Hater is always a hater..... VTT is not my 1st choice but record is a record. 6k mod to 9sec car is not a dream anymore

good job to VTT
I agree entirely!!!!
Appreciate 2
      05-18-2019, 08:46 AM   #19
chewbakam4
Major
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Quote:
Sorry to burst your bubble but making a car lighter by removing seats is not making anything fake. Its just making it a car with stripped interior. Its no different then lighter wheels, carbon hood or trunk, lighter brake discs etc. Give credit where credit is due
Appreciate 2
      05-18-2019, 12:22 PM   #20
M3anPower
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Lol at fan gangs.
By flagging this record I mean this will not and will never happen to a daily drive car and I'm sorry I'm not willing to drive around city with stripped interior just to break the record that's just stupid and lame.

It's like you put m2 competition against M2 and claim that the competition won.

Give me a break.. if I stripped my interior I would have world record 60-130 stock turbo, I even tried to run 60-130 with almost empty tank but still was milliseconds away from world record so huge thumbs to the tuner and owner of 60-130 world record stock turbo holder.

But this is BS. put back all the interior and let's see the world record, until then good luck having world record of stripped interior.
Appreciate 1
      05-18-2019, 01:09 PM   #21
FriedPiston
Colonel
United_States
Rep

^ Have fun living in your own world with your own rules!
Appreciate 3
      05-19-2019, 09:11 AM   #22
Chris@VargasTurboTech
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:

Give me a break.. if I stripped my interior I would have world record 60-130 stock turbo
If it's that easy, then It's about 15 minutes to remove your seats. Please post up the world record when you have it. A lot of talk about if I did this if I did that. So go ahead and do it. Until then, you are simply being a hater on the internet. We still appreciate your opinion, but it's clear where it's coming from.
Appreciate 0