GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

Closed Thread

05-13-2019, 08:33 PM   #1
titanattack
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 F82

Safe engine output for stock crank hub?

what would be a safe tune limit for keeping the stock crank hub not to fail under the stress? I planning to replace my crank hub with the gintani option but
i would like to tune the car since i got bootmod3 and no money to do the crank hub upgrade now. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated from you guys here
thanks

2017 M4 F82
Armytrix Exhaust
SSR Air Intake
Evolution Charge Pipes
CSF Heat Exchanger
CSF dct Trans Cooler
CSF Intercooler
H&R lowering springs
Bootmod3 (no mods installed yet)
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2019, 09:23 PM   #2
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Nobody knows (except maybe BMW and they ain’t talking). If there was a clear limit there wouldn’t be anymore SCHs would there be?

Do some searching on the subject and you will have more reading about it and numerous theories than you’ll know what to do with.

I will say if you don’t have any money left for the SCH fix what are you going to do if something breaks and BMW voids your warranty?
Appreciate 1
cotmfk2049.50
      05-13-2019, 11:12 PM   #3
climax_e92
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Nobody knows (except maybe BMW and they ain't talking). If there was a clear limit there wouldn't be anymore SCHs would there be?

Do some searching on the subject and you will have more reading about it and numerous theories than you'll know what to do with.

I will say if you don't have any money left for the SCH fix what are you going to do if something breaks and BMW voids your warranty?
Yea hard to say. i ran bm3 stage 2 and e30 for almost 3 years. Switched to full e85 and then the crank hub spun literslly 4 days(100) miles later..
16 F82 M4 Frequency Intelligent F1 Exhaust - VRSF downpipes - BBS CI-R custom finish - H&R Springs - Injen DCI intake - CG Precision Valve Controller - BootMod3 full E85 - Custom Roll Cage - Varis Diffuser - PSM GT Wing - V style Lip
https://www.instagram.com/m4_teh/
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2019, 01:28 AM   #4
LINF83
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by climax_e92 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Nobody knows (except maybe BMW and they ain't talking). If there was a clear limit there wouldn't be anymore SCHs would there be?

Do some searching on the subject and you will have more reading about it and numerous theories than you'll know what to do with.

I will say if you don't have any money left for the SCH fix what are you going to do if something breaks and BMW voids your warranty?
Yea hard to say. i ran bm3 stage 2 and e30 for almost 3 years. Switched to full e85 and then the crank hub spun literslly 4 days(100) miles later..
Stock crank hub ?
Appreciate 2
chen0.00
Closed Thread