BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

European Auto Source (EAS)

07-06-2008, 11:49 PM   #1
Socale92
DCT Test Pilot
Rep
Drives: ????

preliminary shots of my new mods

Last edited by Socale92; 07-07-2008 at 07:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2008, 11:54 PM   #2
NocturnalEVO
Stock
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335i

how much have you spent between the wheels, tires, and brakes?
'06 R6 Anniversary Edition (sold)
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2008, 11:57 PM   #3
S65B40
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: AW E92 M3/AW F87 M2

Garage List
Great looking car and awesome supporting mods.

A set of Brembo BBKs costs too much. I am currently waiting for Rotora to release their cost effective 6 piston caliper kit that fits over stock rotors.
      07-07-2008, 12:18 AM   #4
Socale92
DCT Test Pilot
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by S65B40 View Post
Great looking car and awesome supporting mods.

A set of Brembo BBKs costs too much. I am currently waiting for Rotora to release their cost effective 6 piston caliper kit that fits over stock rotors.
thanks man - for sure, i had brembos on my active stg1 sc e46 m3 and loved them so much I had to get them again...

gonna slam it down after i move in a couple weeks, dont think the suspension has fully settled yet too, going in for alignment this week...
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2008, 12:22 AM   #5
tytyguy
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW

those wheels are sick man!
      07-07-2008, 12:28 AM   #6
///M PWR 00
Captain
Rep
Drives: Porsche

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socale92 View Post
thats a pretty rude question and none of your business! all due respect...

Wow man, relax. You are on a public forum where we are all here to mod. Maybe he asked just to get an idea because he interested in one or all of the mods you have.... No need to be a jackass, seriously....

And those tires are way too thick, should of went with a lower profile. Your wheels look like 17s.
      07-07-2008, 12:55 AM   #7
///M PWR 00
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socale92 View Post
look whos calling who a jackass you disrespectful prick - i dont feel comfortable sharing info about my finances, and if that bothers you, frankly i dont give a f-ck - i don't know you or anybody on here so why should i share such personal information wtih a bunch of strangers? - went with thicker tires so the it's closer to stock and the speeedo would be more accurate as per my shop's advice - oh and thanks for the negative feedback, regular lm's on an e92 m3 look like ass imo, but if you like to rock an ugly setup thats all you

LOL Holy insecurity. Eaaaaaasy there pal, you are blowing things way out of proportion. It's people like you who give BMW owners a bad name. God, your such a lame...

LMAO.. LMs with normal sized tires are an ugly setup.... Wow, I've heard it all. Good job taking your shop's BS advice on the tire/speedo issue... because you really need to know that you are doing 50mph instead of 50.2mph. Awesome.
      07-07-2008, 01:14 AM   #8
///MD
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: panamera

funny thread.....

maybe he doesn't wanna say how much cuz he's embarrassed as to how he acquired those mods. either way...it's not that big a deal and socal could have just politely said he doesn't feel comfy answering that question.

as for the ccar.....sorry dude. the LM's aren't my cup of tea. especially not for the cost. I feel like it's almost gotten to the point where they're cool only cuz they're expensive and rare....not cuz they make your car sexy. just my 2cents. and if it's none of my business i apologize in advance.
      07-07-2008, 01:20 AM   #9
knifegun
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Geez. Relax. If you don't want people to know about your finances, don't post photos. One can easily look up retail cost on your upgrades and get a good idea of what you paid.

BBS LM-R 19" Wheels: ~ $5,400
Tires PS2: ~ $1400
Brembo BBK: ~ $7000 installed
Tint: ~ $500
KW V3: ~ $2000

So roughly about $18,000 assuming full retail.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2008, 01:33 AM   #10
///M PWR 00
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbadiei View Post
funny thread.....

maybe he doesn't wanna say how much cuz he's embarrassed as to how he acquired those mods. either way...it's not that big a deal and socal could have just politely said he doesn't feel comfy answering that question.

as for the ccar.....sorry dude. the LM's aren't my cup of tea. especially not for the cost. I feel like it's almost gotten to the point where they're cool only cuz they're expensive and rare....not cuz they make your car sexy. just my 2cents. and if it's none of my business i apologize in advance.

No need to apologize. IMO the BBS LMs are the best wheels money can buy...I have had them on two E46 M3s... when they werent so popular. Not with the sudden rise of LM replicas I probably wouldnt get them again. The image in my signature is not my car. Those pics are actually BMW released wallpapers and I photoshopped it all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knifegun View Post
Geez. Relax. If you don't want people to know about your finances, don't post photos. One can easily look up retail cost on your upgrades and get a good idea of what you paid. It is not like he asked you if you financed them, paid cash or put a lean on your house.

Maybe I came off a little strong but thats really all I was trying to get at. The question he asked really isnt a personal one, considering the pricing isnt a big secret. The dude just came off as a jerk... the typical "BMW owner" ... IMO a real enthusiest would supply any info to be helpful to a fellow enthusiest... This guy just seems like one of those lames that walks into a shop with a check for 10K, and lets them do the modding.. maybe I am wrong... either way... I no care.

I'm out of this thread before it gets ugly
      07-07-2008, 01:57 AM   #11
Socale92
DCT Test Pilot
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M PWR 00 View Post
No need to apologize. IMO the BBS LMs are the best wheels money can buy...I have had them on two E46 M3s... when they werent so popular. Not with the sudden rise of LM replicas I probably wouldnt get them again. The image in my signature is not my car. Those pics are actually BMW released wallpapers and I photoshopped it all.

Maybe I came off a little strong but thats really all I was trying to get at. The question he asked really isnt a personal one, considering the pricing isnt a big secret. The dude just came off as a jerk... the typical "BMW owner" ... IMO a real enthusiest would supply any info to be helpful to a fellow enthusiest... This guy just seems like one of those lames that walks into a shop with a check for 10K, and lets them do the modding.. maybe I am wrong... either way... I no care.

I'm out of this thread before it gets ugly
sorry if i overreacted or came off as a "jerk", i guess im just not used to this kind of attention so agin sorry for the personal attack - ill be happy to answer questions about prices via pm just not in a public thread so agagin, sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbadiei View Post
it's not that big a deal and socal could have just politely said he doesn't feel comfy answering that question.
I dont feel comfy answering that question
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2008, 02:01 AM   #12
IWC Doppel
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 M3

Guys,

I thought the fun of this forum was the debate

I personally like LM R's on Porsches, cuz they remind me of the UK Carrera cup, all splitties look smaller than they are, the LMR's more so than the LM's.

I personally have gone off the big rim rubber band look, and wouldn't fit 20's (Although the HRE P40 20's in black look amazing)

I love my 18's but don't mind if a lot don't like, you will note the works race M3 runs 18's and doesn't look underwheeled
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-07-2008, 02:05 AM   #13
IWC Doppel
Private First Class
Rep

Guys,

I thought the fun of this forum was the debate

I personally like LM R's on Porsches, cuz they remind me of the UK Carrera cup, all splitties look smaller than they are, the LMR's more so than the LM's.

I am not so keen on LM-R's on the M3 as I don't like the dish on the M3. LM's are great I had a set of 19's on an M5. Again they look smaller than other 19's which was a good thing on the 5 for me as some looked a little bling.

I have gone off the big rim rubber band look, and wouldn't fit 20's even if they handled as well (Although the HRE P40 20's in black look amazing)

I love my 18's but don't mind if a lot don't like, you will note the works race M3 runs 18's and doesn't look underwheeled
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2008, 02:07 AM   #14
M3Mikey
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E92 M3 Fox Red Inter

hey man i have the same color car, what percent tint did you go? do you like it and did you tint the windshield?
      07-07-2008, 02:07 AM   #15
IWC Doppel
Private First Class
Rep

Doh, seemed to mess up finishing text and attaching pictures ....
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2008, 02:11 AM   #16
Takumi587
///M3 Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 05' M3 and 21' Tesla Model 3

Garage List
Nice set of brakes man. How do they feel compared to stock? And what did you have before the BBS? stock 19s or 18s? And how does the ride quality feel after the switch?
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2008, 02:45 AM   #17
Socale92
DCT Test Pilot
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takumi587 View Post
Nice set of brakes man. How do they feel compared to stock? And what did you have before the BBS? stock 19s or 18s? And how does the ride quality feel after the switch?
thanks man, i had brembo on my aa stg 1 sc e46 m3 and they were incredible so i thought why mess with success - its not night and day but then again im still under break in, definite improvement, havent had to make a full on stop yet either, ill do a full review post break in - i had oem 18 - im about to do alignment as i also got new suspension, but it seems more stable in the corners, but there is some sensation of a loss of acceleration in 1st compared w.oem 18, although some on here will disagree

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Mikey View Post
hey man i have the same color car, what percent tint did you go? do you like it and did you tint the windshield?

i went with 20s all round, and i had 70 percent ceramic on the windshield but took it off as there were bubbles, and now my side and rears are bubbling too, im not going back to the same shop as they are kinda shady so Ill be doing a retint very soon....i may go with 15 ceramic next, not sure, i liked 20 as well but def 35 for non black car imo
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2008, 02:56 AM   #18
moog55
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Mikey View Post
i don't think he'll be comfy answering those questions.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2008, 02:58 AM   #19
a burrito
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Urus, 958.2 TTS, 997 S

Loving the BBK. how do the V3's feel on the road?
      07-07-2008, 03:02 AM   #20
alex310
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335I Coupe/M3 Sedan

Saw you driving down Santa Monica Blvd and Overland, I was driving the white A4 slammed on white wheels gave you the thumbs up, car looks great at night man, wow, if you in the area you should come check out my cars, I would love to take a second look at that animal, got a pretty modded 335 coupe also.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2008, 03:05 AM   #21
///AFRO
Stage 1 Juice Box - Boosted'
Armenia
Rep
Drives: 07 AW E92-335i TT

Tire size..?

2007 335i -Coupe Alpine White
Mods: JB1 | Exposed Intercooler | Black Grills/Emblems | Golf-Tee Mod | Reflectors | 35% Tints
Next: Aero-Lip | H&R Race Srings | Dual Cone Intake | Straight-Pipes
Soon: 2006 ///M3 Coupe Imola Red - [CSL Project]
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2008, 03:13 AM   #22
Socale92
DCT Test Pilot
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex310 View Post
Saw you driving down Santa Monica Blvd and Overland, I was driving the white A4 slammed on white wheels gave you the thumbs up, car looks great at night man, wow, if you in the area you should come check out my cars, I would love to take a second look at that animal, got a pretty modded 335 coupe also.
oh that's funny you are on here too, very nice audi, love those wheels, very clean, ill hit u up sometime we should hit up a meet or 2 - are you going to mfest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///AFRO View Post
Tire size..?
275/35/19 rear
245/35/19 front
Appreciate 0