ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

10-08-2018, 10:24 PM   #1
Asianoak
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3 & "11 X3

Garage List
2011 M3  [0.00]
Thanks for all the help

Wanted to thank all of you for your support over the years. I never thought this day would come but last week I traded in the Z for a 2011 M3. Bittersweet for sure. I've wanted an M3 since I was 19 racing at the track but I never thought I'd let the Z go. Anyway, I'm posting a few parts for sale in the classifieds so hit me up if you're interested... a couple panel filters, shift knob, etc.
Attached Images

10-09-2018, 05:04 PM   #2
unluky
Major
Rep
Drives: 04 z4 3.0 Sport & 15 X5 35i XD

Garage List
Funny you posted this.....I started dating someone that lives far too far away a few months ago and the itch for a better highway cruising car has been building. I enjoy the Z4, but the seats SUCK ASS and anything more than an hour or 2 and my ass is over it. I have found a few M3's and I think that might be the ticket for a compromise in cruisability and fun. I really don't need 3 cars, but I hate to see the Z4 go too. If I find a clean M3 vert - that could be trouble for it though.......

Hope you enjoy!
      10-09-2018, 05:57 PM   #3
Steeler
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Built not Bought 04 Z4 VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by unluky View Post
Funny you posted this.....I started dating someone that lives far too far away a few months ago and the itch for a better highway cruising car has been building. I enjoy the Z4, but the seats SUCK ASS and anything more than an hour or 2 and my ass is over it. I have found a few M3's and I think that might be the ticket for a compromise in cruisability and fun. I really don't need 3 cars, but I hate to see the Z4 go too. If I find a clean M3 vert - that could be trouble for it though.......

Hope you enjoy!
Ouch the beloved Zed loses out to a female, say it ain’t so
W2A Intercooled Vortech V3Si, custom ducting, Alpha N, 60# Bosch,2.62 pulley, multi port WMI, Severn Tuning(pokeybritches), Tial, magnaflow,SS race muffler, 42 design,3.91LSD, H&R, Hotchkis,ST coils,Konis, Megan camber arms, AKG SS, Nylon mounts, Poly bushings, Carbon interior, CF Aero.APEX
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2018, 07:20 PM   #4
Asianoak
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by unluky View Post

Hope you enjoy!
the seats are rough and I just never got used to them but for me it was some old injuries that made the manual just too much. I will say that for some reason women love the M3 much more than the Z. You'd think a cute little black coupe would be more desirable, but nope... every woman I know like the M more so far. I realize it's not really her opinion of the cars so much as the driving comfort but still...
      10-10-2018, 02:39 PM   #5
Redacre
6 Cylinders 3 Ways
Rep
Drives: M5, 911, Macan

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asianoak View Post
Wanted to thank all of you for your support over the years. I never thought this day would come but last week I traded in the Z for a 2011 M3. Bittersweet for sure. I've wanted an M3 since I was 19 racing at the track but I never thought I'd let the Z go. Anyway, I'm posting a few parts for sale in the classifieds so hit me up if you're interested... a couple panel filters, shift knob, etc.
Congrats on the new ride! Can I ask what other cars you considered and/or test drove? Did you also look at the new M2, M3, or M4?
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2018, 02:47 PM   #6
rsutoratosu
Captain
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i

traitor... ill probbly trade mine for minivan. lol

enjoy it!
      10-10-2018, 05:53 PM   #7
Asianoak
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redacre View Post
Quote:
Congrats on the new ride! Can I ask what other cars you considered and/or test drove? Did you also look at the new M2, M3, or M4?
I briefly considered a Caymen or older 911... then the M4 of course. Thought about the M2 but they're out of my price range. Then, I started to get discouraged so I thought about a 335is or an M235. But I got lucky on this one being just a couple hours from where I live.
      10-11-2018, 01:02 PM   #8
unluky
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
the seats are rough and I just never got used to them but for me it was some old injuries that made the manual just too much. I will say that for some reason women love the M3 much more than the Z. You'd think a cute little black coupe would be more desirable, but nope... every woman I know like the M more so far. I realize it's not really her opinion of the cars so much as the driving comfort but still...
Exactly right - I love my Zed ripping up the backroads and dropping the top on the way home on those perfect days, but for any kind of distance it just sucks. My bony ass just can't handle those seats. I had them repadded which helped, but I just start shifting from one cheek to another after 1.5-2 hours max. But they do make M3's in convertibles too, so............
      10-12-2018, 04:02 PM   #9
unluky
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
LOL - you just never know with women! When I was very young I found a 1986 300ZX 2+2 that I fell in love with. I could barely afford it, but I was used to eating cheese sandwiches and ramen noodles anyway - so what the heck. To this day that is still the best chick magnet I ever owned - they LOVED it. I'd give random chicks rides in it all the time after the bars closed and they'd see us getting into it. It was slow, but made up for it by cornering like a brick towing another brick. Just awful performancewise. During the time I owned it I came into my own some financially and when the new style 1990's came out - I had to have one. When I drove it I felt like I was in a space ship. Could not afford the TT back then (owned one before it was all over) but when I took that beautiful yellow beast out for the first time to show her off 3 different girls on the same night looked at it and yelled "Did you get rid of your white car?!?!?!?" in a tone you would expect for selling your sister into white slavery. I was totally deflated. Most women don't see cars like we do - they like what they like and that is it.