Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

07-18-2018, 03:14 PM   #1
evkl
Private
Rep
Drives: '18 F82

MY19 M4 production numbers

Does anyone know how long it typically takes to get a production number after a build is submitted?

An order was placed for what was expected to be an allocation for June, but I have yet to receive a production number. Not sure if this is a dealer withholding information from me for whatever reason or if it typically takes this long. This is an individual order for Tanzanite Blue. I know individual colors typically take longer to go through production, but I would think that there should at least be an initial production number after the build goes into their system.

I don't recall this long of a delay when I did a custom order years ago. And after reading through some threads I'm not seeing anything about such long delays for just a production number.

Are any others with MY19 orders experiencing similar issues?
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2018, 03:30 PM   #2
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F80 M3CS, %E2%80%9818 GT3

Read through here: BIMMERPOST Guide to Ordering and Tracking your BMW https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1181156

This has been said a bunch of times, but it is worth repeating, IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A PRODUCTION NUMBER YOU DONT HAVE AN ALLOCATION. (Sorry for the caps trying to get a bottom line up front for the TL;DR crowd).

If you have an allocation your dealer should have no reason to not give you one. Since they haven't, you likely don't have an allocation, they are full of shit, and just stringing you along.

I would find another dealer, get a production number in hand, and tell your dealer to go screw themselves. Or tell them to give you a production number by the end of the day or your taking your business elsewhere.

If they have an allocation, there is ZERO reason why they shouldn't give you the production number.

This would not be MY19 specific because allocations for them have been out sometime now. However, if you look at the ordering guide some individual colors won't be available to the M4 until January of 19.
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2018, 03:42 PM   #3
GKay
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4

As stated above you should have one within 3 days of the order being placed. The car does not have to start being built to have a production number. You get the production number as soon as the order is put into the computer.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2018, 04:56 PM   #4
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

if you have a allocation you will get a production number. once the car starts production you are looking at 7-9 weeks on avg till it gets to your dealer

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2018, 08:52 PM   #5
evkl
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thescout13 View Post
Read through here: BIMMERPOST Guide to Ordering and Tracking your BMW https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1181156

This has been said a bunch of times, but it is worth repeating, IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A PRODUCTION NUMBER YOU DONT HAVE AN ALLOCATION. (Sorry for the caps trying to get a bottom line up front for the TL;DR crowd).

If you have an allocation your dealer should have no reason to not give you one. Since they haven't, you likely don't have an allocation, they are full of shit, and just stringing you along.

I would find another dealer, get a production number in hand, and tell your dealer to go screw themselves. Or tell them to give you a production number by the end of the day or your taking your business elsewhere.

If they have an allocation, there is ZERO reason why they shouldn't give you the production number.

This would not be MY19 specific because allocations for them have been out sometime now. However, if you look at the ordering guide some individual colors won't be available to the M4 until January of 19.
Thanks for the response! I so much as figured this and that's pretty disappointing. After the first week went by I already had my suspicions. I had the choice of picking between dealerships and it looks like I took up the offer from the wrong one.

A quick question about your last comment about individual colors. I initially thought that same thing, but realized that the January date was only for the F83s. Is that not true and are the F82s also affected by this?
Appreciate 1
Thescout134947.00
      07-18-2018, 08:56 PM   #6
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F80 M3CS, %E2%80%9818 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by evkl View Post
Quote:

Thanks for the response! I so much as figured this and that's pretty disappointing. After the first week went by I already had my suspicions. I had the choice of picking between dealerships and it looks like I took up the offer from the wrong one.

A quick question about your last comment about individual colors. I initially thought that same thing, but realized that the January date was only for the F83s. Is that not true and are the F82s also affected by this?
I believe you are right and only the F83s.
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2018, 05:09 PM   #7
unlaidenswallow
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4 (on order)

Quote:
Originally Posted by evkl View Post
Quote:

I also have a tanzanite F82 on order. They're saying build week 36 (9/3-9/9). Keep hoping I'll be surprised with something sooner but not holding my breath...
2004 325xi - Titanium Silver / Black Dakota - Ret
2001 325i - Titanium Silver / Black Dakota - Ret
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2018, 05:37 PM   #8
mastermav
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '19 F82

36 week seems to be very late. I'm sure you can find a sooner allocation. It's not like that many people want that car now
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2018, 05:47 PM   #9
unlaidenswallow
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4 (on order)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermav View Post
36 week seems to be very late. I'm sure you can find a sooner allocation. It's not like that many people want that car now
Yeah - the allocation isn't the issue, it's because of the custom color. Could have been much earlier if I took a standard one.
2004 325xi - Titanium Silver / Black Dakota - Ret
2001 325i - Titanium Silver / Black Dakota - Ret
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2018, 03:10 PM   #10
evkl
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlaidenswallow View Post
Yeah - the allocation isn't the issue, it's because of the custom color. Could have been much earlier if I took a standard one.
Sounds like I might still have time if I still go through with a TB order. Reading through an old TB thread it sounds like they moved all of the TB orders through around the same time.

Decisions decisions. And btw, thanks for the chiming in about your build date!.
Appreciate 0