Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

07-04-2018, 05:10 PM   #1
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
ADAC Alpine Road Info

I recently found a link to an ADAC site that allows you to check the status of alpine roads in Germany, Austria, Italy, Switzerland, and France. ADAC is the equivalent of AAA in Germany, but on steroids. You can search by country, by specific pass within each country, and additionally, you can search by whether the roads are free (not limited or blocked), limited, or blocked.

Unfortunately, the site is in German, with no English available, but I just use Chrome to access the site and it will auto-translate and does a pretty good job. There are other sites that have alpine pass status, but some are limited to a specific country. This one puts the status of all five countries in one, easy-to-search site:

https://www.adac.de/reise_freizeit/v...n/default.aspx

As an aside, if you are planning on traveling in Austria and/or Switzerland and need toll vignettes, you can buy them at any ADAC office in Munich, usually within a few U-Bahn stops from your hotel. If you're arriving in Munich a day or two prior to your delivery, you can just make a quick stop while you're out and about in Munich.

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C....0.E1x5Qr7c7lk

Appreciate 1
zorrro436.00
      07-04-2018, 06:14 PM   #2
TXSoxFan
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Good info and advice on the ADAC. I stopped in one while I was in Munich a couple of weeks ago to get my Swiss Vignette (40€ for a year, only option). Of course I went back 2 days later when I realized my trip would take me though Austria as well (10 days 8€). Quick and easy, much more convenient than having to stop at the border IMO.
Appreciate 1
SD ///M42992.00