European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > DIY and Coding Discussions

07-03-2018, 05:43 AM   #1
FlyingLow78
The G8X is a disaster. 🤮
Rep
Drives: Not a BMW anymore

Increase wiper sensor sensitivity?

Even with my wiper set at maximum sensitivity, the sensor still takes too long to detect enough moisture on the glass before commanding the wipers to activate. I’ve tried all of the settings and none of them clear the water as soon as I’d like. My ‘15 M3 was much more sensitive to water accumulation and I never had to increase the sensitivity beyond the middle setting.

Is it possible to perform a wiper sensor reset through ISTA? If not, is it possible to increase the sensor sensitivity, or decrease the water accumulation threshold for the wiper sensor through coding?

I could take my car to the dealer, but try explaining this issue in Italian...
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2018, 10:28 AM   #2
Roch M4
I /// M FAN
Canada
Rep
Drives: M4 SS/SO 2016 / X5M C 2023

I had the same issue with my previous car (E92 335i), but when I replaced the windshield after a crack, they replaced the a sort of "gel" between the sensor and the glass, after that the sensitivity was better. After a few year the gel was less clear, but I doubt that your 2018 can have this type of issue or maybe it's a defective sensor. I never tried with Ista to fix this issue
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2018, 10:32 AM   #3
FlyingLow78
The G8X is a disaster. 🤮
Rep
Drives: Not a BMW anymore

I reinitialized the wipers through ISTA. Will report back if it's improved.
Appreciate 0