BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > DIY and Coding Discussions

06-25-2018, 03:41 PM   #1
Yachtmaster
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Wiring Charging Plug?

Hey guys,

I’m trying to figure out how to route a hanging plug for my ctek charger. possibly behind the front grill, that I can stash and hide when the plug when isn’t in use. The reason being is I’d like to have my car hooked to the tender often, and I’d like a quicker way to disconnect/connect the vehicle without having to open/close the hood each time. Would like to avoid using the cigarette plug adapter also.

With the extension + connector:

https://www.amazon.com/CTEK-56-382-C...1777KD0T5ZE5T4

https://www.amazon.com/CTEK-56-304-C...9NCQKYDHJWA47S

I can see the above two working very well and I can easily route the extension wire to reach the front of the grill from the positive/negative terminals location. I also can see a place to screw in the negative terminal eyelet, but do not see a place to screw in the eyelet for the positive terminal itself? I see the positive terminal under the hood, but unsure a way to keep the positive eyelet from the adapter permanently tapped. Would love to hear some suggestions if anyone has any idea or has done this, or if there is a location I can screw in an eyelet for the positive terminal, please advise. thank you!
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2018, 05:15 PM   #2
jww///95
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f31xd | f80m3

I had a buddy who did this on his e46m but instead of going to the front of the car, ran the plug to the cowl area on the passenger side so could tuck down next to the wiper and be accessed with the hood closed.

There's enough plastic on that part of the f8x plus a hood with a decent overhang so it might work.
Appreciate 0