GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > DIY and Coding Discussions

06-07-2018, 07:25 AM   #1
ht4e
Private
Rep
Drives: M4

Fuel Lid Lock Malfunction

As title stated, and I could not find much info for the F82 DIY.
I have found a few E92 DIY to get to the actuator for the fuel lid. Mine somehow stop functioning, and not knowing which fuse it is connected to. I decided to see if the actuator was left unplug from a mild rear end collision repair.
I followed the green emergency fuel lid release tab only to find that it went behind part of the trunk frame after removing a small portion of the trunk liner.
Before getting too deep in to this, is there actually a way to get to that motor actuator to lock the fuel lid when locking the car?
The car did not show any message regarding this malfunction, I supposed it was too trivial to be in the Idrive system, but I found my fuel door popped open leaving the gym, and that motivated me to get this thing figure out asap.

here is the link to the e92
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=718505
I assume the motor is also mounted on the other side of the trunk frame and just held by a screw and we could not actually see the motor when it is mounted?
Appreciate 0