BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

BPM

01-27-2018, 06:17 PM   #1
Dlpfcb
Captain
Rep
Drives: AW E92 M3

Mode Carbon or Arkym

Help me choose, I have been stuck on pulling the trigger on one. Both are about the same price at 1k. Just can't commit, lip will be going onto an Alpine White Coupe.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2018, 08:20 PM   #2
r0cketm0nkey
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

Which mode carbon lip you're looking for? I have a V1 for sale.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2018, 09:34 PM   #3
shimmy23
F15 daddymobile
Rep
Drives: GS X5

My vote is for the mode v1. Cleanest lip IMO.

Oh! And buy ^this guys lip. Great deal!
Appreciate 1
      01-29-2018, 12:13 AM   #4
Dlpfcb
Captain
Rep
Drives: AW E92 M3

I was thinking V1.
Appreciate 1
      01-29-2018, 04:23 AM   #5
dozaiya
Captain
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2011 MW E92 M3

endurance v1, but actually some lips from ebay has good fit as well and pretty much the same things
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2018, 06:32 PM   #6
r0cketm0nkey
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dozaiya View Post
endurance v1, but actually some lips from ebay has good fit as well and pretty much the same things
Uh, first of all, you do NOT mention eGay here. Second, the quality of those Chinese knockoffs are a crap shoot, and mostly are pretty bad, has no UV clear, yellows easily, fits like arse, and has horrible carbon weaves. If you want to cheap out, that's all you. I wouldn't recommend it, but you're free to choose what fancies you. If you're lucky enough, you'll get a decent piece here and there.
Appreciate 1
      01-29-2018, 09:06 PM   #7
dozaiya
Captain
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0cketm0nkey View Post
Uh, first of all, you do NOT mention eGay here. Second, the quality of those Chinese knockoffs are a crap shoot, and mostly are pretty bad, has no UV clear, yellows easily, fits like arse, and has horrible carbon weaves. If you want to cheap out, that's all you. I wouldn't recommend it, but you're free to choose what fancies you. If you're lucky enough, you'll get a decent piece here and there.
many of the "brand name" stuff are sourced from asia and can be found on ebay if you find the right seller, especially ones from taiwan.

there's a thread dedicated to ebay gtsv diffusers and most are pretty happy with their purchases
Appreciate 1
      02-02-2018, 09:29 PM   #8
Blindside_137
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 SSII E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Quote:
many of the "brand name" stuff are sourced from asia and can be found on ebay if you find the right seller, especially ones from taiwan.

there's a thread dedicated to ebay gtsv diffusers and most are pretty happy with their purchases
+1

Especially a part that is likely to be damaged over a period of time. It's a lot easier to stomach a 200 dollar lip being destroyed than a 1,000 dollar lip.
Appreciate 1
ToddinTN504.00
      02-02-2018, 11:34 PM   #9
r0cketm0nkey
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Says the guy in China right, now search for threads of people who are not.

I have never seen one carbon part from China that had ever fit 100%, or even 90%, or never yellows beyond two years, which is where most of the eBay stuff is from. And believe me, I tried to save a few dollars too. Taiwan fares a bit better, at least a better chance of a good fitting part. The factor I see is this - some people aren't picky - great. You can live with a 1/2" gap on the splitter/trim/whatever. Some of us can't. Especially not when I know there are others that have done better, and BMW can make 100% fit parts as well. And don't slander - most vendors do make their own products. Now if you mean JBspeed or JLMotoring as "brand," then oh yeah, from China.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindside_137 View Post
+1

Especially a part that is likely to be damaged over a period of time. It's a lot easier to stomach a 200 dollar lip being destroyed than a 1,000 dollar lip.
That's fair, if you are set on abuse em then toss em. I'm not judging. I do take extreme care for mine though, so to each their own.

Last edited by r0cketm0nkey; 02-02-2018 at 11:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2018, 06:58 AM   #10
dozaiya
Captain
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
Says the guy in China right, now search for threads of people who are not.

I have never seen one carbon part from China that had ever fit 100%, or even 90%, or never yellows beyond two years, which is where most of the eBay stuff is from. And believe me, I tried to save a few dollars too. Taiwan fares a bit better, at least a better chance of a good fitting part. The factor I see is this - some people aren't picky - great. You can live with a 1/2" gap on the splitter/trim/whatever. Some of us can't. Especially not when I know there are others that have done better, and BMW can make 100% fit parts as well. And don't slander - most vendors do make their own products. Now if you mean JBspeed or JLMotoring as "brand," then oh yeah, from China.

That's fair, if you are set on abuse em then toss em. I'm not judging. I do take extreme care for mine though, so to each their own.
i don't want to go in details and damage reputations but all i can say is stay with some vendors from taiwan and you will have a very good chance of hitting the jackpot

btw stuff like vorsteiner fits worse than so called replica sometimes
Appreciate 0