EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

08-24-2017, 09:19 PM   #1
starbai
PPRSWCE
Guyana
Rep
Drives: 18 Tanzanite Blue F80 ZCP

Questions on Scheduling PCD

So I've asked my dealership now several times for details regarding PCD but they keep saying that they wont know anything until after I've dropped the car off in Europe (from ED).

So a few questions on scheduling it:

1. Is it true that it normally adds several weeks to when you get the car stateside? Currently 6-8 weeks to get to your dealer, or 8-10 weeks for PCD?

2. Do they only do PCDs on certain days of the week? Like should I plan for 'the first available Monday, or Thurs-Fri once the car is there? Do they do PCDs on the weekends?

3. Anything else I should know specifically about PCD scheduling to consider when I should request time off?

These questions are regarding the Carolinas (not west coast)

Thanks in advance everyone!
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2017, 10:00 PM   #2
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F80 M3CS, %E2%80%9818 GT3

Do they even do west coast PCD? I thought you can only get it in SC?
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2017, 11:08 PM   #3
ZCPM4
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3MC

I did Euro Delivery this summer, and I'm doing PCD this coming Tuesday (can't wait!). I dropped off in Munich the first full weekend of July, so it will have been about 7.5 weeks between drop off and re-delivery. I reached out to the PCD team at PerformanceCenterDelivery@bmwmc.com several times throughout the process and they were super helpful in coordinating everything. From my experience they were flexible on the day of the week for delivery, and they were great about helping make sure I could coordinate being able to participate in the M driving school while I'm there (which I scheduled separate from PCD). A week or 2 after your drop off from ED, I'd recommend just reaching out to them to discuss your plans, and I'm sure you'll be able to coordinate in plenty of time to request off work. I can let you know how it goes after next week, but so far it's been awesome.

Last edited by ZCPM4; 08-24-2017 at 11:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2017, 11:22 PM   #4
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F80 M3CS, %E2%80%9818 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCPM4 View Post
I did Euro Delivery this summer, and I'm doing PCD this coming Tuesday (can't wait!). I dropped off in Munich the first full weekend of July, so it will have been about 7.5 weeks between drop off and re-delivery. I reached out to the PCD team at PerformanceCenterDelivery@bmwmc.com several times throughout the process and they were super helpful in coordinating everything. From my experience they were flexible on the day of the week for delivery, and they were great about helping make sure I could coordinate being able to participate in the M driving school while I'm there (which I scheduled separate from PCD). A week or 2 after your drop off from ED, I'd recommend just reaching out to them to discuss your plans, and I'm sure you'll be able to coordinate in plenty of time to request off work. I can let you know how it goes after next week, but so far it's been awesome.
Nice. Did you have to reserve or tell your CA about PCD before you went on your ED?
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2017, 11:28 PM   #5
starbai
PPRSWCE
Guyana
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thescout13 View Post
Do they even do west coast PCD? I thought you can only get it in SC?
That I'm not sure about. I thought that they did? As I'm unsure I figured I'd make it clear I'm planning Carolina...
Appreciate 1
Thescout134947.00
      08-24-2017, 11:30 PM   #6
starbai
PPRSWCE
Guyana
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCPM4 View Post
7.5 weeks sounds good! Hopefully I'll have similar luck. I just wanted to know if there were certain days I should definitely know in advance are blocked to make sure I can participate in the M Driving School etc.

I dont want to just pick it up and leave. Without M School I may as well just let them deliver it to the dealer

Does anyone know of a phone number for PCD? I've got no problem giving em' a call. If not I'll shoot them an e-mail tomorrow and see what comes of it.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2017, 11:43 PM   #7
Encanto
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbai View Post
So I've asked my dealership now several times for details regarding PCD but they keep saying that they wont know anything until after I've dropped the car off in Europe (from ED).

So a few questions on scheduling it:

1. Is it true that it normally adds several weeks to when you get the car stateside? Currently 6-8 weeks to get to your dealer, or 8-10 weeks for PCD? Yes. PDC schedules your date only after your car clears VDC, not when you dropped it off after ED.

2. Do they only do PCDs on certain days of the week? Like should I plan for 'the first available Monday, or Thurs-Fri once the car is there? Do they do PCDs on the weekends? Yes. Your dealer can let them know your preferred day of week.

3. Anything else I should know specifically about PCD scheduling to consider when I should request time off? See #1 answer.

These questions are regarding the Carolinas (not west coast)

Thanks in advance everyone!
I'm doing PDC as well.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2017, 08:31 AM   #8
ZCPM4
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thescout13 View Post
Nice. Did you have to reserve or tell your CA about PCD before you went on your ED?
Yes you need to talk to your CA about it ahead of time so they can put in the system for BMW to ship your car to the Performance Center and not send it all the way to your dealer.

When I placed my order with my CA, I told him at that time that I wanted to do ED, PCD, and M Driving school (the trifecta!). Lots of moving parts to get all of that to come together obviously, be we worked closely throughout the process, and I worked with the PC and Driving School as well; we were often all on the same email chains to get it all sorted out. If anything I would just recommend telling all of those parties what you're wanting to do well in advance and you should be able to work it out.
Appreciate 1
Thescout134947.00
      08-25-2017, 08:40 AM   #9
ZCPM4
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbai View Post
7.5 weeks sounds good! Hopefully I'll have similar luck. I just wanted to know if there were certain days I should definitely know in advance are blocked to make sure I can participate in the M Driving School etc.

I dont want to just pick it up and leave. Without M School I may as well just let them deliver it to the dealer

Does anyone know of a phone number for PCD? I've got no problem giving em' a call. If not I'll shoot them an e-mail tomorrow and see what comes of it.
I just looked on the PCD website and it says they do PCD Monday through Fridays, with blackout dates on US holidays.

I felt the same about the M school and I'm pumped we were able to work it out. If you know your drop-off date from ED, you could count out like 7-10 weeks and then look at when all of the M driving schools are offered in SC. They only offer it a few days a month. Then you should be able to get a general idea of when you want to target re-delivery and the driving school.

I'd recommend just reaching out to your CA, the Performance Center, and the Driving School well ahead of time to let them know what you want to do so they have it on their radar. The PCD and Driving School seem to run separately from each other (I contacted both to get things scheduled), but they were great about helping making sure I could do both while I'm in SC.

I'm not sure about a phone number for them, but they always responded to emails within a few business hours.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2017, 08:53 AM   #10
Ibiza
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 G83 comp & 2024 X5 M60

The Performance Center Delivery for a ED vehicle skips the detailed new vehicle orientation, as this occurred at the Welt, so the PC has more availability for ED customers than a traditional PCD customer taking the initial delivery at the PC. The ED/PCD customer needs only to be included in the driving program and factory tour. Usually ED vehicles are outside the PC or within the lobby. The delivery bays are not for ED customers.

No PCD West deliveries are available.

Besides the PC Performance Driving M Schools, you all should take a look at the BMW Driving Experience events in Germany/Europe (www.bmw-drivingexperience.com). For some reason this year the tracks are limited outside of Germany. I have personally done 2 training events in Germany so far (BMW M Fascination Nordschleife Section and BMW M Fascination Training Hockenheimring), and visiting the BMW Driving Academy Maisach for a 2 day BMW Security Training BMW Intensive Training for Professional Drivers after my Welt ED in September. The German programs are half the price of the US Performance schools, and in my opinion much better than the US programs (tracks/hotel/food).
Appreciate 1
ZCPM4134.00