Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

Closed Thread

08-04-2017, 11:02 AM   #1
starbai
PPRSWCE
Guyana
Rep
Drives: 18 Tanzanite Blue F80 ZCP

The dilemma, F80 --> ?? -I know not another, when's the next gen coming out thread...

So guys, I'm picking up this F80 ZCP M3 in September. The plan was to lease it. I'm comfortable with the numbers so I thought I was good to go.

But I've been reading a lotta threads coming up with guys who had a 2015 thats coming outta lease now and they're seriously contemplating buying out the car or getting a new M3 or what have you.

It got me thinking, given our situation, there's a damn very good chance I'm going to want another M3 when this lease is up, or even to hang on to mine a little longer than 36 months. I don't want a BMW outta warranty. So beyond 4-5 years is not in my consideration set and is a big reason why buying isn't an option for me.

So my real question is, whats the M3 landscape look like in September 2020.
What are the odds that the next gen M3 will be out by then? I know we know nothing about the car, and who knows I may hate it? But thats partially why I'm considering options that will give me 48 months (not leasing) to buy myself a bit more time with my F80.

Just trying to think ahead and make sure I'm not backing myself into a corner in 3 years.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2017, 11:39 AM   #2
Aaaaaaaaa
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: The other M3

Pretty sure you can extend for a few months. Based off rumors I may not be interested in the next M3 (AT only, AWD, hybrid?). Maybe next M2 will be a "real" M.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2017, 11:54 AM   #3
starbai
PPRSWCE
Guyana
Rep
Drives: 18 Tanzanite Blue F80 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheerlx View Post
Pretty sure you can extend for a few months. Based off rumors I may not be interested in the next M3 (AT only, AWD, hybrid?). Maybe next M2 will be a "real" M.
True... but is conventional wisdom saying the ETA is still roughly this time 2020?
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2017, 12:14 PM   #4
M3Fury
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 DCT ZCP MPE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbai View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pheerlx View Post
True... but is conventional wisdom saying the ETA is still roughly this time 2020?
Pretty sure there is a thread or two on the speculation of next gen and timing.
Appreciate 2
mkoesel7517.00
DrtyJrze707.00
Closed Thread