BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-28-2017, 09:20 PM   #1
35Past1
Private
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i

What is needed to make OEM X5 (Style 63) fit on our cars?

Hey guys, I'm interested in switching up wheels this season and had my eye on a couple sets of wheels. One in particular would be the OEM style 63 wheels off a BMW X5. They are 19x9 in the front and 19x10 in the rear.

Now with our offset on our cars it's very difficult to find a set of wheels that will actually fit properly and look good without extensive modification (Fender rolling, spacers etc). How do these wheels bolt up? Is it direct bolt on or would I have to run spacers and pull/roll fenders to make this happen?

Appreciate your help and feedback as always.

Cheers,
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2017, 10:37 AM   #2
asbrr
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 335ix M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35Past1 View Post
Hey guys, I'm interested in switching up wheels this season and had my eye on a couple sets of wheels. One in particular would be the OEM style 63 wheels off a BMW X5. They are 19x9 in the front and 19x10 in the rear.

Now with our offset on our cars it's very difficult to find a set of wheels that will actually fit properly and look good without extensive modification (Fender rolling, spacers etc). How do these wheels bolt up? Is it direct bolt on or would I have to run spacers and pull/roll fenders to make this happen?

Cheers,
These wheels are horribly heavy, not sure if that matters to you but they are like 60% heavier than standard 18" wheels. Second, fitment is not going to be easy/good, you will have a lot of work to do in the front and the rear (fender rolling, suspension tweaks etc).

Honestly, not worth the effort (IMHO).
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2017, 11:09 AM   #3
Juggernaut135i
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i Stage 2

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by asbrr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 35Past1 View Post

Cheers,
These wheels are horribly heavy, not sure if that matters to you but they are like 60% heavier than standard 18" wheels. Second, fitment is not going to be easy/good, you will have a lot of work to do in the front and the rear (fender rolling, suspension tweaks etc).

Honestly, not worth the effort (IMHO).
I second this.

In the end it does come down to what YOU want, not us. But these wheel were designed for an SUV, not a tiny sports car. Just remember that. Same reason sprigs with OEM shocks aren't advised. Same reason even going to just 19s on stock suspension will ride differently.

You change one thing on the suspension, it changes a lot of other things you won't even realize
BC Racing coilovers
M3 control arms
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2017, 12:50 PM   #4
drunkenup
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i, 2021 F150

Front possible with maximum camber and fender pulling, rear possible with very pulled fenders, much camber, and stretched tire. You decide if that's worth it
      05-01-2017, 06:55 PM   #5
35Past1
Private
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i

Appreciate the feedback guys. I'm going to go another route. The fender work/tuning the suspension along with the heaviness isn't worth the effort imo.

Also I have been looking for other rim styles as well, it seems that we are limited to the VMR styles.

However, I've seen a couple people run the bbs lm reps. I'm wondering which company and offset would I have to get in order for the wheels to be a simple bolt on? Also what tires can you guys reccomend to reduce the rubbing?

Thanks again,
Appreciate 0