ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - California

09-02-2016, 02:39 AM   #1
G1n Mast3r
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Individual F80 M3

NorCal Day trip

Hey guys, I've gotta make a trip up to BMW of Mountain View this Saturday. Helping a friend potentially get into am ///M . That being said I know it's short notice and the fact that it's also Labor day weekend,But if possible I would like the opportunity to meet up with some of the NorCal F8X guys if you're near the area.

If not, I'm not too worried about it, as it's late notice as well as it IS labor day weekend. But this is also call for help in the department of what to do around that area lol, any good places to eat really. Any input is appreciated and hopefully I can meet up with some of the Norcal F8X crowd!
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2016, 04:04 AM   #2
KeshM3
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3

Hi, I'm actually going there on Saturday to pick up some floor mats for the winter. Not sure what time I'll be going, but maybe I'll see you there. I drive a MW M3
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2016, 01:57 PM   #3
F80 ZCP
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Farm Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1n Mast3r View Post
Hey guys, I've gotta make a trip up to BMW of Mountain View this Saturday. Helping a friend potentially get into am ///M . That being said I know it's short notice and the fact that it's also Labor day weekend,But if possible I would like the opportunity to meet up with some of the NorCal F8X guys if you're near the area.

If not, I'm not too worried about it, as it's late notice as well as it IS labor day weekend. But this is also call for help in the department of what to do around that area lol, any good places to eat really. Any input is appreciated and hopefully I can meet up with some of the Norcal F8X crowd!
I normally visit family in the Bay Area every week end, but this Saturday I will be in Southern California.

For restaurant recommendations I would say drive to San Jose and try Henry's Hi-Life if you are into meat. https://www.yelp.com/biz/henrys-worl...-life-san-jose. You can also visit Googleplex if you want to kill time.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2016, 09:02 PM   #4
Billness
Rep
Drives: '18 F80 AW/SO

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1n Mast3r View Post

Welcome! I'll talk about a range of options so you can think about what fits what you and your friend might be looking for:

Baller/Romantic/Celebration: My favorite restaurant around here is Alexander's Steakhouse in Cupertino, though reservations might be an issue. They have "Alexander's by the Sea" in Palo Alto. If you go to Alexander's, the hamachi shots are a requirement. It's basically in the Constitution. Michelin star. It's not a casual dining scenario though, and there are many zeroes on the menu. ("Sea" might be more relaxed.)

Classy: Sundance Mining Co. is a more old-school steakhouse in Palo Alto; good prime rib. There are a few other good spots in Stanford Shopping Center. (Outdoor mall - nicer than it sounds!) Business casual recommended.

Chill, nearby: Shana Thai in Mountain View is also tasty.

If you just feel like chilling out during the day or evening, downtown Palo Alto is a good nearby destination. You're looking for University Avenue, right by Stanford University. Lots of places to eat, stores, people to meet, bars, walking around, coffee ... whatever your vibe is.

There's a larger-scale version of that at Santana Row by San Jose, about twenty minutes from Mountain View. That can be pretty cool, too. Probably better than downtown PA in most respects, with better parking too. If you go there, check out Pizza Antica, another favorite. Both spots are actually good for car watching, too - SR usually being a cut above, where exotics aren't very exotic, especially on a Saturday!

If I had to guess, Santana Row is probably your best bet of all the above. Lots of variety, good food, bars, good walking around in a nice outdoor scene.

Have fun, and good luck!
Appreciate 1
      09-04-2016, 01:07 PM   #5
WestBankM4
First Lieutenant
Palestine
Rep
Drives: '19 M4CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billness View Post
Welcome! I'll talk about a range of options so you can think about what fits what you and your friend might be looking for:

Baller/Romantic/Celebration: My favorite restaurant around here is Alexander's Steakhouse in Cupertino, though reservations might be an issue. They have "Alexander's by the Sea" in Palo Alto. If you go to Alexander's, the hamachi shots are a requirement. It's basically in the Constitution. Michelin star. It's not a casual dining scenario though, and there are many zeroes on the menu. ("Sea" might be more relaxed.)

Classy: Sundance Mining Co. is a more old-school steakhouse in Palo Alto; good prime rib. There are a few other good spots in Stanford Shopping Center. (Outdoor mall - nicer than it sounds!) Business casual recommended.

Chill, nearby: Shana Thai in Mountain View is also tasty.

If you just feel like chilling out during the day or evening, downtown Palo Alto is a good nearby destination. You're looking for University Avenue, right by Stanford University. Lots of places to eat, stores, people to meet, bars, walking around, coffee ... whatever your vibe is.

There's a larger-scale version of that at Santana Row by San Jose, about twenty minutes from Mountain View. That can be pretty cool, too. Probably better than downtown PA in most respects, with better parking too. If you go there, check out Pizza Antica, another favorite. Both spots are actually good for car watching, too - SR usually being a cut above, where exotics aren't very exotic, especially on a Saturday!

If I had to guess, Santana Row is probably your best bet of all the above. Lots of variety, good food, bars, good walking around in a nice outdoor scene.

Have fun, and good luck!
Ditto on the two Alexander spots. Hamachi Shots are the best thing on this green earth.
Appreciate 0