Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

06-29-2016, 02:15 PM   #1
Benzima
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

Recommended Tint Shop and Paint Protection Film in Montreal?

Will be receiving my car within the next month. Anyone can refer me a good trusthworthy place in the Montreal area?

Thanks in advance!
      06-29-2016, 05:54 PM   #2
dr.mba
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 F. Grey M3 ZCP

interested in this too if anyone can chime in
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2016, 06:17 PM   #3
stealth70mde
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5C

Hey,

my car is currently being processed for PPF and paint sealant here:

http://www.mtlautodetail.com

I found Nico by fluke and he was highly recommended by many with much more expensive cars than mine when I ordered my M4 back in March 2016. Nico doesn't do the tint but does PPF even though his website doesn't advertise it.

I choose Nico because of his talent to prep the car and the care he takes before putting the PPF and CQuartz sealant.

The funny thing is that Nico recognized me last Sunday when I dropped my car at his place and texted me afterward to ask if I ever lived at some address in the past. As it turns out, he was the youngest teenager, back then, of a very nice family and we were direct neighbours! Very small world!

You also have Protex in Laval that does all of this and BMW Laval deals with them.

I am sure that there are many others that can do a good job also.

Again, my main concern is all the proper paint correction work and decontamination that needs to happen before the actual PPF and/or sealant is applied.
Appreciate 1
      06-29-2016, 07:21 PM   #4
Benzima
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth70mde View Post
Hey,

Thanks! Let me know how it went and what are the results.

If you can, please PM me the cost of the PPF and paint sealant.
      06-29-2016, 08:59 PM   #5
aboulfad
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 MG/SO

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzima View Post
Thanks! Let me know how it went and what are the results.

If you can, please PM me the cost of the PPF and paint sealant.
I used Protex Laval to apply full Front Xpel Ultimate and side rockers ($1350 a year ago). If you decide to go there, ask for Gaby, he's the top installer there. They also do tints, but IMHO not worth it in Quebec.

I am curious to hear and see someone's local experience with CQ finest. Having applied myself CQUK and talked at length with Nico, and for the cost of CQF, I can have the car polished few times... All the claims of washing easier, dust proof, scratch proof are all marketing ploys by all nano coating companies. It's just a durable glossier longer lasting sealant. My two cents and i have detailed my previous car for 10+ years.

If you have $$$ at your disposal, go for the CQF, it's a very good product and Nico is recommended by Corey (Carpro distributor in NA). but if you have limited budget and other car spendings (winter set, cosmetics, tracking, ...) I'd rank it lower in priority.
Appreciate 1
      06-29-2016, 09:31 PM   #6
Benzima
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboulfad View Post
I used Protex Laval to apply full Front Xpel Ultimate and side rockers ($1350 a year ago). If you decide to go there, ask for Gaby, he's the top installer there. They also do tints, but IMHO not worth it in Quebec.

I am curious to hear and see someone's local experience with CQ finest. Having applied myself CQUK and talked at length with Nico, and for the cost of CQF, I can have the car polished few times... All the claims of washing easier, dust proof, scratch proof are all marketing ploys by all nano coating companies. It's just a durable glossier longer lasting sealant. My two cents and i have detailed my previous car for 10+ years.

If you have $$$ at your disposal, go for the CQF, it's a very good product and Nico is recommended by Corey (Carpro distributor in NA). but if you have limited budget and other car spendings (winter set, cosmetics, tracking, ...) I'd rank it lower in priority.
Thanks for your input. I was more interested in the paint protection (Xpel) than in the paint sealant (CQF).

Last edited by Benzima; 06-30-2016 at 06:59 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2016, 09:51 PM   #7
aboulfad
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [10.00]
Most F8x owners have Xpel, there's a thread somewhere comparing all the different PPF. I think what's more important is the installer and the quality of the work, as well if they are a large installer or a one man show, especially when it comes for warranty claims, ... Food for thought!
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2016, 12:31 AM   #8
dr.mba
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 F. Grey M3 ZCP

Quote:
Hey,

I found Nico by fluke and he was highly recommended by many with much more expensive cars than mine when I ordered my M4 back in March 2016. Nico doesn't do the tint but does PPF even though his website doesn't advertise it.

I choose Nico because of his talent to prep the car and the care he takes before putting the PPF and CQuartz sealant.

The funny thing is that Nico recognized me last Sunday when I dropped my car at his place and texted me afterward to ask if I ever lived at some address in the past. As it turns out, he was the youngest teenager, back then, of a very nice family and we were direct neighbours! Very small world!

You also have Protex in Laval that does all of this and BMW Laval deals with them.

I am sure that there are many others that can do a good job also.

Again, my main concern is all the proper paint correction work and decontamination that needs to happen before the actual PPF and/or sealant is applied.
Thanks for your input. I did find him online but was not sure if he was legit. Do you mind posting pics of your car after he works on it? Also, do you mind letting me know how much it cost you?

M
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2016, 06:59 AM   #9
Benzima
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboulfad View Post
Most F8x owners have Xpel, there's a thread somewhere comparing all the different PPF. I think what's more important is the installer and the quality of the work, as well if they are a large installer or a one man show, especially when it comes for warranty claims, ... Food for thought!
Are you satisfied with Protex? I was looking to get it done with them also.
      06-30-2016, 07:33 AM   #10
aboulfad
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [10.00]
Quote:
In short, yes. That's bizarre, I've included links in my first post but they are gone. Let's try again, here is my review of Protex Laval.

One caveat, one year ago they didnt do any paint correction, so your car should be in great condition when you bring it to them. If your dealer does a good job prepping it, then bring it to them ASAP. When I brought mine one week later, I had a small chip in my front low part bumper (plastic area) that got covered by the Xpel. I knew about it but didn't care as its in the bumper.

I recommend you go talk to Gaby and discuss any concerns/questions/needs with him. Last time I dropped by, he was working on a $200K Rolls Royce!

@dr.mba see my note above about mtlautodetailing (Nico), he's legit.

Last edited by aboulfad; 06-30-2016 at 07:40 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2016, 08:51 AM   #11
Benzima
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboulfad
Quote:
In short, yes. That's bizarre, I've included links in my first post but they are gone. Let's try again, here is my review of Protex Laval.

One caveat, one year ago they didnt do any paint correction, so your car should be in great condition when you bring it to them. If your dealer does a good job prepping it, then bring it to them ASAP. When I brought mine one week later, I had a small chip in my front low part bumper (plastic area) that got covered by the Xpel. I knew about it but didn't care as its in the bumper.

I recommend you go talk to Gaby and discuss any concerns/questions/needs with him. Last time I dropped by, he was working on a $200K Rolls Royce!

@dr.mba see my note above about mtlautodetailing (Nico), he's legit.
Thanks Buddy! One more thing: should I go with them directly or with dealer? Usually dealers add a mark-up. I might just do it at Protex the week I receive the car.

Also, how long they keep the car?
      06-30-2016, 09:54 AM   #12
aboulfad
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [10.00]
Ask the dealer how much? Most likely a good markup... It took Gaby 1/2 day to do it, the owner Bobby gave me a lift back and after.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2016, 10:07 AM   #13
stealth70mde
Captain
Canada
Rep

I PM'd you both with details.

Of course, I will post pictures once the car is ready.

Check out his website and Facebook as it will give you an idea of his work.

Like I said earlier, the critical step in applying PPF or sealant is the quality of the prep work. If there are flaws, they will be sealed-in and apparent through the life of the PPF and/or sealant.

And, I don't trust at all that the dealerships can do a proper prep job. They will do a decent job but that's not enough for me.

Last edited by stealth70mde; 06-30-2016 at 08:26 PM.. Reason: Forgot a word...
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2016, 03:37 PM   #14
Benzima
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboulfad
Ask the dealer how much? Most likely a good markup... It took Gaby 1/2 day to do it, the owner Bobby gave me a lift back and after.
Good advice!
      06-30-2016, 03:38 PM   #15
Benzima
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth70mde
I PM'd you both with details.

Of course, I will post pictures once the car is ready.

Check out his website and Facebook as it will give you an idea of his work.

Like I said earlier, the critical step in applying PPF or sealant is the quality of the prep work. If there are flaws, they will be sealed-in and apparent through the life of the PPF and/or sealant.

And, I don't at all that the dealerships can do a proper prep job. They will do a decent job but that's not enough for me.
Thanks for the info!
      07-01-2016, 07:04 PM   #16
stealth70mde
Captain
Canada
Rep

Hey guys,

Here's an update. This is my car all prepped the proper way before applying PPF and CQuartz Finest.

https://www.facebook.com/MtlAutoDeta...2357052511705/

Shiny!!!
Appreciate 1
      07-01-2016, 07:31 PM   #17
aboulfad
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth70mde
Hey guys,

Here's an update. This is my car all prepped the proper way before applying PPF and CQuartz Finest.

Shiny!!!
Awesome, as expected! He even takes off the roundels. He did the deep tire cleaning, I hope Nico knows it's 140Nm for our cars, torqued gradually in a star pattern Btw it says Xpel on FB, did he end up doing Xpel instead of Suntek?

I am definitely sold on his polishing technique and quality. He is very meticulous and patient and honestly for the price he charges for polishing it's worth doing a polish professionally once every 2 years, the price is right and I would never do it again myself (10-16hrs). Glad it's turning out good for you
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2016, 09:13 PM   #18
Benzima
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Hey guys,

Shiny!!!
Looks good!