EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

06-20-2016, 09:54 AM   #1
M4Raaj
Private
Rep
Drives: 335D M Sport

Help with colour on new M4 CP

Hi

To cut a long story short I had ordered a new M4 in Azurite Black with SS leathers only because it was a stock car and it was going to be available before the end of the month. Then I had some issues at work and decided to play safe and cancel it. Anyway all problems have been solved!

So now I'm back on the M4 mission and I've decided to go with factory build and get what I want, will just have to wait. I'm ordering a M4 CP but am stuck with what colour to order it in? I don't really like any of the BMW Individual colours the Azurite Black in the flesh can look like a dull dark blue in some light and the Tanzanite Blue is OK not seen it in the flesh only on a youtube vid (M3 diaries or something like that) and don't really want to pay 3K+ for a custom colour because just thinking about it is giving me nightmares! (like the misuses in a handbag shop).

So it looks like it going to be from the standard pallet. At first I was going to order it in Mineral Grey its understated and a safe option but its a M4 should it have a understated safe colour? I don't want it in black as it hides the CF roof to much plus I've got a 335D which is black with black grills, looks sexy but a pain to keep clean! Not a big fan of the Austin Yellow which kind of leaves the whites, YMB, SS and SO.

I have grown to like the Sakhir Orange and am considering it as I've seen M4 non CP vert at the dealer in SO and it looks good. Did a bit searching on the net to find pics of a CP in SO and it dose look good and gives the car more presence. The only thing is I'm thinking will the novelty ware off?

What is your opinion on SO or what colour would you go for?

You comments would be highly welcome.

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2016, 10:06 AM   #2
gtsussex
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: SMB M3 CP with lots of carbon

I think SO works really well on the M3 and especially with CP wheels. SS also looks stunning and would be my other choice. Seem Damien's in the flesh and it looks lovely.

I don't think you can wrong with either. YMB just doesn't work with the CP wheels IMO.
San Marino Blue M3 Competition Package with Carbon tat, ACS RS suspension, uprated brakes, 'modded' exhaust and a weeny bit more power courtesy of JF Automotive; M235i Convertible with ACS Sports Suspension; Disco 5 HSE Lux
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2016, 10:06 AM   #3
DD88
LXO
Sweden
Rep
Drives: M3 ZCP CQ - 17

The individual colors have to be experienced live. I'm extremely happy that I ordered Champagne Quartz.
Attached Images

06-20-2016, 10:19 AM   #4
TommyGuk
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: GT4

Colour is such a personal thing I think it's hard to take seriously other peoples opinions as it's so subjective. It's your car, which colour do you like? It's easy to say but I wouldn't be swayed by what other people think as ultimately you've got to live with it. I can honestly say though the car looks great in all of the colours I've seen it in (except purple which for personal reasons I don't like as much) so my advice is to go with your heart and go and see them in the flesh to see which one you jumps out at you. Incidentally I've got four school friends all with M4's and each of us have a different colour. YMB, AY, SO and mine will be AB but they all look great and I've seen MW in the flesh and it looks brilliant as well. The car itself will stand out no matter which colour you choose.

Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2016, 10:19 AM   #5
DazC
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp Pack

Garage List
If you want to stick with the standard pallette then it is a tough choice. So tough for me that i went individual and chose Tanzanite Blue. Lol.

On an M3 I think SO looks great with the Comp pack.

For an M4, SS or YMB would be my choices.

Was looking at a YMB M4 at the dealer today and swithering on my choice!

Coincidentally they also had an Azurite M4 in the showroom and it was a thing of beauty. under the correct light that colour is stunning just like TB which is what I love about my choice.

I'd say visit dealers and spend a good while pondering the choice. It's a difficult one for sure.
Lotus Emira (on order)
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2016, 10:23 AM   #6
TommyGuk
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DazC View Post
Coincidentally they also had an Azurite M4 in the showroom and it was a thing of beauty.
This just made my day! Thanks Daz!
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2016, 10:24 AM   #7
M4Raaj
Private
Rep
Drives: 335D M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD88 View Post
The individual colors have to be experienced live. I'm extremely happy that I ordered Champagne Quartz.
Dose look really good!
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2016, 10:28 AM   #8
DazC
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyGuk View Post
This just made my day! Thanks Daz!
Tommy, without a word of a lie, its beautiful colour but be prepared to have your heart roasted trying to keep it clean just as i will with TB.

Under the showroom lights!
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2016, 11:12 AM   #9
TommyGuk
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DazC View Post
Tommy, without a word of a lie, its beautiful colour but be prepared to have your heart roasted trying to keep it clean just as i will with TB.

Under the showroom lights!
Haha luckily for me I don't mind cleaning my car, it strengthens the bond between us

Noticed you're in Scotland Daz, as I've just been looking at the North Coast 500 which I fancy doing once I've got the RIS done. Sorry to take the thread OT OP!
Appreciate 1
      06-20-2016, 11:20 AM   #10
jbtco
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Haha luckily for me I don't mind cleaning my car, it strengthens the bond between us

Noticed you're in Scotland Daz, as I've just been looking at the North Coast 500 which I fancy doing once I've got the RIS done. Sorry to take the thread OT OP!
Sadly it looks as if idiotic behaviour by some drivers and all the publicity will spoil it for those of us who have been enjoying these roads for many years.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp...down-on-nc500/
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2016, 11:24 AM   #11
DazC
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Yep, based just outside Glasgow.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2016, 11:36 AM   #12
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD88 View Post
That looks great with the CP wheels!
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2016, 11:42 AM   #13
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

Just a word of warning you don't keep your car under showroom lights!

All depends what you like but SS on the M4 looks lovely and contrasts really well against the CP gloss black trim and carbon roof it also shows off the lines and will always look cleaner than a black car.

I prefer YMB on the M3 but think SO looks great on the M4.

Another good shout is mineral white, that's lovely in the sun all polished and waxed up but it's subtle.

Nice choice to make!
      06-20-2016, 11:48 AM   #14
gtsussex
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills2 View Post
Just a word of warning you don't keep your car under showroom lights!

All depends what you like but SS on the M4 looks lovely and contrasts really well against the CP gloss black trim and carbon roof it also shows off the lines and will always look cleaner than a black car.

I prefer YMB on the M3 but think SO looks great on the M4.

Another good shout is mineral white, that's lovely in the sun all polished and waxed up but it's subtle.

Nice choice to make!
I love Mineral White - our M235i Vert is MW. As you say, takes on a whole new level of loveliness in the sun.
San Marino Blue M3 Competition Package with Carbon tat, ACS RS suspension, uprated brakes, 'modded' exhaust and a weeny bit more power courtesy of JF Automotive; M235i Convertible with ACS Sports Suspension; Disco 5 HSE Lux
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2016, 11:54 AM   #15
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtsussex View Post
I love Mineral White - our M235i Vert is MW. As you say, takes on a whole new level of loveliness in the sun.
A lovely M3 drove past me last week whilst I was mooching along Sunset blvd, with the sun beating down the colour looked superb, totally different to some of the pictures you see of it.

Nice choice.
      06-20-2016, 12:00 PM   #16
gtsussex
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills2 View Post
A lovely M3 drove past me last week whilst I was mooching along Sunset blvd, with the sun beating down the colour looked superb, totally different to some of the pictures you see of it.

Nice choice.
Was just luck as was demo at daft price! In hindsight it's my favourite colour for the car!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0