R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

04-10-2016, 02:44 PM   #1
JacksoB
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 in Mineral Grey

Garage List
2016 F83  [0.00]
2014 Discovery HSE Lux  [0.00]
BMW Driving Experience Day

I think a few have mentioned M3/M4 driving experience days on here previously and personally I know I was keen to see what my car could do, without actually using (risking) my car! I received the attached e-mail showing a series of M-car driving experience days and, at the same time, had a call from my dealer inviting me to the Brands Hatch session on 14 September (top man!). So, I will definitely be there if any of you fancy it and I may well also sign up for another session (possibly Thruxton on 21 Sept). Thought I would share in case others were up for it!

In case you can't see the attachment the dates are:

17-18 May - Oulton Park
1-2 June - Knockhill
23-24 August - Bedford Autodrome
12-14 September - Brands Hatch
21 September - Thruxton
Attached Images
File Type: pdf BMW Driving Experience Day 2016.pdf (316.0 KB, 512 views)
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2016, 03:06 PM   #2
gtsussex
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: SMB M3 CP with lots of carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksoB View Post
I think a few have mentioned M3/M4 driving experience days on here previously and personally I know I was keen to see what my car could do, without actually using (risking) my car! I received the attached e-mail showing a series of M-car driving experience days and, at the same time, had a call from my dealer inviting me to the Brands Hatch session on 14 September (top man!). So, I will definitely be there if any of you fancy it and I may well also sign up for another session (possibly Thruxton on 21 Sept). Thought I would share in case others were up for it!

17-18 May - Oulton Park
1-2 June - Knockhill
21 September - Thruxton
Bloody hell, that's gone up. Was £180 last year!!!!
San Marino Blue M3 Competition Package with Carbon tat, ACS RS suspension, uprated brakes, 'modded' exhaust and a weeny bit more power courtesy of JF Automotive; M235i Convertible with ACS Sports Suspension; Disco 5 HSE Lux
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2016, 03:06 PM   #3
JacksoB
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2016 F83  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtsussex
Quote:

17-18 May - Oulton Park
1-2 June - Knockhill
21 September - Thruxton
Bloody hell, that's gone up. Was £180 last year!!!!
Have you done one? Any good if so?
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2016, 03:11 PM   #4
gtsussex
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: SMB M3 CP with lots of carbon

Quote:
Have you done one? Any good if so?
I couldn't make it so gave my place to someone else. Tengocity , could explain what went on at Brands pretty please? ta
San Marino Blue M3 Competition Package with Carbon tat, ACS RS suspension, uprated brakes, 'modded' exhaust and a weeny bit more power courtesy of JF Automotive; M235i Convertible with ACS Sports Suspension; Disco 5 HSE Lux
Appreciate 1
      04-10-2016, 03:20 PM   #5
Tengocity
General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 911, Cayenne Turbo, Disco 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtsussex View Post
I couldn't make it so gave my place to someone else. Tengocity , could explain what went on at Brands pretty please? ta
It was a good day, especially of you're with like-minded friends for some banter too.

We were split in to groups and then you go on a rotation. Sessions were:

Driving M3/M4s with an instructor
Driving an i3 in convoy on public roads in pairs
Driving an M5/M6 on the road in pairs
Off road session with an instructor in pairs
Driving a range of cars (M135i, M235i, M3/4/5) on track individually, but it was ducks and drakes
Handling skills with an instructor

Each of them is good enough fun, but always feels like a bit of a limited taster, just enough to whet your apetite, rather than sate it.

It's not going to be anything like a Palmer Sport M4 track event, but a nice enough day, and reasonable value last year. Looks expensive at £200+
Current: Porsche 911 991 C4S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo, Land Rover Discovery 4. Gone...G01 X3 M40i, Cayman S 987, F31 340i, Cayman GT4, F82 M4 CP, Lotus Exige V6, G20 330e, F30 330e, Boxster S 987, F31 335d, Mini Cooper SD, E89 Z4, E90 330d 320d, E60 520d, E46 330d 320d, MX5s, E30 325i
Appreciate 1
      04-11-2016, 12:35 AM   #6
JacksoB
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2016 F83  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengocity
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtsussex View Post
It was a good day, especially of you're with like-minded friends for some banter too.

We were split in to groups and then you go on a rotation. Sessions were:

Driving M3/M4s with an instructor
Driving an i3 in convoy on public roads in pairs
Driving an M5/M6 on the road in pairs
Off road session with an instructor in pairs
Driving a range of cars (M135i, M235i, M3/4/5) on track individually, but it was ducks and drakes
Handling skills with an instructor

Each of them is good enough fun, but always feels like a bit of a limited taster, just enough to whet your apetite, rather than sate it.

It's not going to be anything like a Palmer Sport M4 track event, but a nice enough day, and reasonable value last year. Looks expensive at £200+
Looking at Parmer Sport events, which do look fantastic, it seems to be £800/900+ for a full day, so the £250 doesn't seem to bad to me? That said, am on a jolly with the dealer so won't cost a bean first time around. I may see how it is and, if good, book another one in.

Those of you with recent / impending purchases see if you can give your dealer a nudge!
Appreciate 0