BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-25-2016, 11:38 AM   #1
Coelho
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5M

My car was just produced and picked up in March. I've had the car for about 10 days.

Today, my USB stopped working. I tried 2 different phones that worked before.

Also, I cannot connect to BMW online or any other data services. The SOS button still works.

I called BMW genius, who told me to update BMW assist, which I couldn't because the option was grayed out.

So now I am taking the car to service... 10 days...

There is another issue as well that I was waiting for the 1200 service to complain about, but will do now as well. The retractable moonroof shade is "scratched", it is a straight line, seems like something is catching it in its way in or out. I noticed the scratch when taking the car home for the first time, but I have been too busy ever since to go back there just for that. Now that other things are happening, I am taking the car in for service.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2016, 12:11 PM   #2
UrbanExtant
Captain
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 Comp Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coelho View Post
Ny car was just produced and picked up in March. I've had the car for about 10 days.

Today, my USB stopped working. I tried 2 different phones that worked before.

Also, I cannot connect to BMW online or any other data services. The SOS button still works.

I called BMW genius, who told me to update BMW assist, which I couldn't because the option was grayed out.

So now I am taking the car to service... 10 days...

There is another issue as well that I was waiting for the 1200 service to complain about, but will do now as well. The retractable moonroof shade is "scratched", it is a straight line, seems like something is catching it in its way in or out. I noticed the scratch when taking the car home for the first time, but I have been too busy ever since to go back there just for that. Now that other things are happening, I am taking the car in for service.
Is the scratch about 3" in from the left edge of the roof, right over the driver's seat, from front to back? If it is, I had the same issue. The service department had to take a tool and remove a bit if plastic from something under the headliner over the boot/trunk area. It was a remnant from some injection molding that hadn't pulled completely off. It took all of about ten minutes. There was no need to remove the headliner for the work.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2016, 01:06 PM   #3
Coelho
Private First Class
Rep

it is over the passenger side.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2016, 06:41 PM   #4
Coelho
Private First Class
Rep

Just left the car at the dealer for service. The service advisor said that they will try a reset of the system, if it doesn't work they will have to replace the whole unit (pointed to the multimedia system).

He also said they will do the 1200 miles service... I have 700 miles on the car. Isn't it bad to change the oil that early? I asked if we should wait till 1200 (or more), he said no, we can do it now... I said "why not do it at 300 miles then? Or 50?" I believe it says 1200 miles for a reason!

Thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2016, 08:03 PM   #5
Ex_Stig
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '24 X7 M60i

Garage List
2024 BMW X7 M60  [10.00]
With my F10 M5 I did a road trip right around the 1200 mile mark. I think it was 900 miles when I left. My service advisor said to do the 1200 mile service when I got back (which was around 1500 miles) not before leaving.

Not sure if it really matters. Just giving you a data point.

'25 M5 Touring (on the list, first slot)
'24 X7 M60i
'22 M5 CS - (sold)
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2016, 05:54 AM   #6
jcfay
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X5 M

They offered me the same thing. I declined. I think they want to do it cause they need the work and they don't care if it's less than what the BMW engineers recommended. So I'd wait, myself, as the break in period allows the engine and drivetrain to break in over a decent period, not an abbreviated one. That's my thinking at least.
Appreciate 1
      03-28-2016, 03:08 PM   #7
Coelho
Private First Class
Rep

Update:
"there is a headliner available in the country", the dealer will get it on Wednesday to swap the scratched one. (I would expect to have one in the country, since the car is assembled here... Lol)

They said the BMW online was just not activated, as it takes 7 days to do so (this I call BS. I had the car for 10 days and it was working from day 1).

They said the USB had bent pins. They will change it.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2016, 04:59 PM   #8
tastelid
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5M

Coelho remember you treat your USB port like a lady. You can't just go mashing your usb stick in there without any preparation nor concern for your angle of entry.