R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

01-09-2016, 01:46 PM   #1
hockey21
Captain
Rep
Drives: 16SSM3.Prev ymbM,e46m3,e39 M5

Executive Demo- Anyone ever buy one?

hey guys-

There's an M4 at a local dealer, executive demo. Car has 1,900 miles on it, and you can lease it as brand new. They are basically saying 1,000 over invoice- incentives, which to me is way too expensive... coming around to invoice. Plus this dealer has particularly high dealer fees.

car has like an 80,000 sticker, which to me is already too expensive for an m4.

The car is nice, and if i can get a great lease deal, then why not. I don't mind the extra miles.

What do you think is a fair price to offer? i want to be prepared to pull the trigger on the spot if they agree.

I was thinking of offering 2,000 below invoice + Holiday Credits + my Supplier discount.

thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2016, 02:17 PM   #2
sittingmongoose
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 x3mC

What options does it have? Stick or dct? Does it have a sunroof?
When they offered 1000 above invoice was that offered up front or did you negotiate to that?

I saw it's a good bet. Especially since it's still a 2016 and you get 4 years maintenance.

What are the payments?

Also some of the best deals I have seen were invoice + incentives. I doubt you will get 2k under plus incentives but ask
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2016, 02:19 PM   #3
hadeed
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 F80 M3

Yeah, 2-3k below invoice and an extended warranty ..

It's 1900 miles.. I found a better deal then that for a 2016 order... -2500$ under invoice, after incentives
      01-09-2016, 02:44 PM   #4
MRCUR
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Model 3 Performance

I personally wouldn't be interested in any exec demo M cars. There's almost no chance they were broken in properly, and probably abused from day one.

With that said, I don't think there is any chance they'll go $2k below invoice. To the dealer it's practically a new car given they're allowed to sell it that way.
Appreciate 1
      01-09-2016, 03:54 PM   #5
hockey21
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sittingmongoose View Post
What options does it have? Stick or dct? Does it have a sunroof?
When they offered 1000 above invoice was that offered up front or did you negotiate to that?

I saw it's a good bet. Especially since it's still a 2016 and you get 4 years maintenance.

What are the payments?

Also some of the best deals I have seen were invoice + incentives. I doubt you will get 2k under plus incentives but ask
You guys seriously have that hard of a time getting invoice? I have no issues getting 1,000 over invoice + incentives on ordered ones, and AT least invoice + incentives on ones in stock! Herb Chambers BMW in boston has 17 of them!

it is alpine white, 19's exec package, black leather, and DCT- Carbon Fibre roof
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2016, 04:31 PM   #6
DocWeatherington
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 CP

Garage List
23 Bmw M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey21 View Post
hey guys-

There's an M4 at a local dealer, executive demo. Car has 1,900 miles on it, and you can lease it as brand new. They are basically saying 1,000 over invoice- incentives, which to me is way too expensive... coming around to invoice. Plus this dealer has particularly high dealer fees.

The car is nice, and if i can get a great lease deal, then why not. I don't mind the extra miles.

What do you think is a fair price to offer? i want to be prepared to pull the trigger on the spot if they agree.

I was thinking of offering 2,000 below invoice + Holiday Credits + my Supplier discount.

thoughts?

Yeah but what is the final sales price? With all your discounts?
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2016, 08:48 AM   #7
mercedesc63
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 02 BMW Z3M Coupe S54 Slicktop

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey21
hey guys-

thoughts?
I don't understand this pricing one bit....

I saw a m4 that was used for only one tank of gas (had 400 miles on it) for somebody from corporate BMW loaded with lighting pack and exec. Only thing is it had a sunroof and cloth interior ( seriously not a big deal for me since I was leasing).

Car was priced at. I think 75k and they brought it down to 69 and they where accepting any offers! They offered 890 plus tax with 5k down 36 months 15 k miles a year. I still at this point want around 800 incl tax.

So that car can be marked down a lot more. Try 5k plus, marked down that car is used as hell!!
      01-10-2016, 12:58 PM   #8
visi107
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedesc63 View Post
I don't understand this pricing one bit....

I saw a m4 that was used for only one tank of gas (had 400 miles on it) for somebody from corporate BMW loaded with lighting pack and exec. Only thing is it had a sunroof and cloth interior ( seriously not a big deal for me since I was leasing).

Car was priced at. I think 75k and they brought it down to 69 and they where accepting any offers! They offered 890 plus tax with 5k down 36 months 15 k miles a year. I still at this point want around 800 incl tax.

So that car can be marked down a lot more. Try 5k plus, marked down that car is used as hell!!
890 a month with 5K down(as cap reduction) is actually pretty expensive, i don't think thats much of a discount. (if that's for 36 months that is)
That would be equal to 1030 a month without any cap reduction

U can should be able to do better than that with your eyes closed
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2016, 01:09 PM   #9
mercedesc63
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 02 BMW Z3M Coupe S54 Slicktop

Quote:
Originally Posted by visi107 View Post
890 a month with 5K down(as cap reduction) is actually pretty expensive, i don't think thats much of a discount. (if that's for 36 months that is)
That would be equal to 1030 a month without any cap reduction

U can should be able to do better than that with your eyes closed
Dont get me wrong thats exactly why i didnt buy it!

I mean where i want to be is seriously 800 or less with 5k down.

But the price was pretty good though 67k not including tax and the sticker was like 75 so i consider that a lot of money off.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2016, 01:22 PM   #10
M4Now!
Captain
Rep
Drives: MG / SO F83

I wouldn't buy an exec M car for the reasons above: Entirely likely that the driver had no incentive to break it in properly, and didn't.

That said, if you go ahead you should definitely get a couple thou below invoice. Whether it's been titled or not, it's a USED CAR. Invoice applies to NEW cars...

Good luck!

Bye bye E93 M3 - Hello F83 M4!
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2016, 09:02 AM   #11
BavarianFanatic
Too much is never enough
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Many

All of the concerns about a demo being abused are a bit of a stretch. They're not letting the lot boys demo M cars. It was probably handled just fine. Even if it wasn't, it sounds like you're leasing so you'll never have it out of warranty.

Regarding pricing, it's kind of pointless to ask folks here for help. They'll likely lie about the awesome deals they've fabricated in their heads in an effort to add to their Internet legend. The only opinion that matters is that of the selling dealer. Make an offer you're comfortable with and see if they'll bite. Walking in with unrealistic expectations will simply be a waste of time and a setup for disappointment.

That said, look at it from the standpoint of a lease overage - $.20 per mile @ 1,900 miles equates to $380...
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2016, 06:36 PM   #12
MRCUR
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Model 3 Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianFanatic View Post
All of the concerns about a demo being abused are a bit of a stretch. They're not letting the lot boys demo M cars. It was probably handled just fine. Even if it wasn't, it sounds like you're leasing so you'll never have it out of warranty.

Regarding pricing, it's kind of pointless to ask folks here for help. They'll likely lie about the awesome deals they've fabricated in their heads in an effort to add to their Internet legend. The only opinion that matters is that of the selling dealer. Make an offer you're comfortable with and see if they'll bite. Walking in with unrealistic expectations will simply be a waste of time and a setup for disappointment.

That said, look at it from the standpoint of a lease overage - $.20 per mile @ 1,900 miles equates to $380...
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2016, 08:58 PM   #13
hadeed
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 F80 M3

Quote:

Yeah... I want to add to my Internet legendary status by sharing my experiences with other dealers on landing a great deal.. Makes plenty of sense.

The only reason I was able to get a great deal on my order was because of these "internet legends". The forums help.

Also, I tested a demo car. Drove the hell out of it. ... 2c
      01-11-2016, 11:28 PM   #14
afadeev
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
All of the concerns about a demo being abused are a bit of a stretch. They're not letting the lot boys demo M cars. It was probably handled just fine.
FYI - "executive demo" is a euphemism for press fleet car.
The purpose of a press fleet car is to show-off car's maximum performance for anyone who jumps behind the wheel, in the shortest amount of time possible. Probability of proper brake-in, or minimum care to warm the engine's oil to operating temps before red-lining, is pretty much equal to zero.

Quote:
Even if it wasn't, it sounds like you're leasing so you'll never have it out of warranty.
Car's durability and reduced lifespan may be less of a concern if you are leasing (with no intention of buying the car out at the end), so the only variable is the price.

For all practical purposes, "exec demo" is a used car that was never formerly titled while the miles and abuse were being accumulated.
I would not treat it it as anything more than that, and attempt to negotiate a price commensurate with that status.

a
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2016, 04:20 PM   #15
hockey21
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by afadeev View Post
FYI - "executive demo" is a euphemism for press fleet car.
The purpose of a press fleet car is to show-off car's maximum performance for anyone who jumps behind the wheel, in the shortest amount of time possible. Probability of proper brake-in, or minimum care to warm the engine's oil to operating temps before red-lining, is pretty much equal to zero.

Car's durability and reduced lifespan may be less of a concern if you are leasing (with no intention of buying the car out at the end), so the only variable is the price.

For all practical purposes, "exec demo" is a used car that was never formerly titled while the miles and abuse were being accumulated.
I would not treat it it as anything more than that, and attempt to negotiate a price commensurate with that status.

a

true, this one was from the local dealer- the GM drove it. i don't think they're lying about that.

I negotiated a price for an m3 with not many options- Black, Carbonstructure, 19's, 6 speed

2,000 per month... 732 per month. not sure if i should pull the trigger or not.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2016, 04:58 PM   #16
BavarianFanatic
Too much is never enough
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Many

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey21 View Post
true, this one was from the local dealer- the GM drove it. i don't think they're lying about that.

I negotiated a price for an m3 with not many options- Black, Carbonstructure, 19's, 6 speed

2,000 per month... 732 per month. not sure if i should pull the trigger or not.
Do you mean 2k DOWN, 732/mo?
Appreciate 0