ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

12-06-2015, 02:04 PM   #1
KZEVO
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '18 F80

PCD logistics

Have some questions about PCD that I was hoping to get clarified. thanks in advance:

1. How many days/weeks does PCD delay delivery vs. dealer delivery? My production completion is 3rd week of January, when can I expect PCD vs.. dealer delivery?

2. Are you provided with a few options for PCD date or are you at the mercy of the performance center to assign a specific date? For instance, scheduling a Friday or Saturday delivery to avoid multiple days off from work.

3. When I eventually get a date and I decide that it does not work with my schedule and I want the car sent to the dealer instead, does that delay the dealer delivery than the normal timeline from production end to dealer delivery?

4. Is there a certain point in the production process where you cannot change the delivery destination without delay.

5. Has anyone taken delivery in Feb/March and how is the weather? the average temps don't look that bad for SC, but snow can be a potential issue and so can drive up to nova/DC.

thank you
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2015, 07:12 PM   #2
PodDoc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 335i / 2016 F80 M3

Timing depends on where you live and available dates at PCD, for me it was an extra month to do pcd cause of the CARB/EPA delay, there was a back up in getting into pcd, but now shouldnt be a problem. If not for that, would have gotten it sooner than waiting for it to get to the dealer for me.

You can tell them when you wanna do it, give them a few dates that work for you, but they dont do weekend delivery. You can change dates pretty much anytime. But you decide to switch to delivery at dealer gotta tell them before it gets to port, otherwise you pay for transport.

Some of the mountain roads will be closed during your time frame, but i say if you have the time, its worth doing it at least once.
Appreciate 1
      12-07-2015, 05:11 AM   #3
firedown31
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 AW M3

PCD delivery is around a 2.5-3 week delay compared to normal dealer delivery.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2015, 08:21 AM   #4
Wah
IG@i.am.wah
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
I wouldn't risk a drive up to DC in Feb/Mar. Even a small amount of snow will prevent you from getting home on summer tires.
Appreciate 0