ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

12-02-2015, 07:19 PM   #1
YasM4
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Yas Marina Blue M4

Trouble with Courtesy Delivery

Has anyone else had trouble with courtesy delivery? I purchased my ED vehicle out of state and the dealership nearest to my home denied the courtesy delivery. Turning down 500 to 1000 dollar for essentially doing nothing seems kinda crazy to me.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2015, 08:11 PM   #2
Untouchable
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB M4

I'm in Miami, and the dealerships within a 50 mile radius are awful about courtesy delivery. They all denied my request as well. Do performance center deliver, use the 500 bucks and get yourself a first class one way to Spartanburg and enjoy the awesome experience and great weather, thank me later.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2015, 08:33 PM   #3
YasM4
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Untouchable
I'm in Miami, and the dealerships within a 50 mile radius are awful about courtesy delivery. They all denied my request as well. Do performance center deliver, use the 500 bucks and get yourself a first class one way to Spartanburg and enjoy the awesome experience and great weather, thank me later.
You know this experience with these Miami dealers is really disheartening. I am very disappointed.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2015, 09:04 PM   #4
Brosef
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

I hear where you're coming from. But think of it from their perspective (and a business perspective). They are in the business of selling cars. Why give away their main competitive advantage to an unlimited number of competitors (dealers) in other markets? Right or wrong, I understand their position.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2015, 09:24 PM   #5
vonmayr
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by YasM4 View Post
Has anyone else had trouble with courtesy delivery? I purchased my ED vehicle out of state and the dealership nearest to my home denied the courtesy delivery. Turning down 500 to 1000 dollar for essentially doing nothing seems kinda crazy to me.
It's not unheard of. You can either go further afield or PCD. If the dealer you are purchasing the car from is a member of a chain, they might be able to hook you up with a courtesy delivery at the nearest dealer that is a member of the same chain. That's what worked for me.
Best Regards, Robert (BMWCCA #471893)
Loreley 2015 / //M3 6MT SO over full SO, Exec,Susp & Lighting, HK & Blk 19's - ED 15 May 2015, Redelivery 23 July 2015
My photography: WWW.PBASE.COM/VONMAYR
My ED Adventure http://www.vonmayredadventure.blogspot.com
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2015, 09:44 PM   #6
YasM4
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brosef
I hear where you're coming from. But think of it from their perspective (and a business perspective). They are in the business of selling cars. Why give away their main competitive advantage to an unlimited number of competitors (dealers) in other markets? Right or wrong, I understand their position.
I just don't understand why it's so much more pervasive in the south Florida area. Honestly, one of the main reasons I went out of state to begin with was quality of service.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2015, 11:45 PM   #7
trendy26
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 F82 M4

Florida dealers suck... Plain and simple! At the same time, people are paying the prices they're asking for the ///M cars, so I guess they don't have to discount them at all.

As for me, I'm in South Florida, and have always sourced my M3's out of state. Will for sure be doing Performance Center delivery with my M4..!
Appreciate 0