BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

11-25-2015, 02:14 AM   #1
MFNATIK
Blocked from G80/G82 for having an opinion
United_States
Rep
Drives: Trek Domane

Wheel curb rash was not repaired at VPC - Dealer will make it right :)

It appears BMW is no longer fixing superficial curb rashes while on ED if you claim it at time of drop off. This goes against everything I've read in the ED sections of this forum and others. Apparently the policy now is its considered normal wear and tear and BMW's goal isn't to deliver you a perfect car if you've used it a bit on ED.

My advice is don't call it out at drop off and BMW will assume it happened between the time you dropped it off and shipment to the US or use the provided insurance and make a claim, which IMO, the process was not described in any way during the ED process at the Welt or anywhere else. If I had knew this was the case, I would have just filed a claim.

Upon re-delivery today my CA and dealer (BMW of Riverside) noted to me that the wheel was curbed badly and offered to take care of it, no questions asked. They assumed it was damaged during transit but I admitted it was me but nevertheless, they offered to just make it right. I was pleasantly surprised and really was almost at a loss of words for their level of service! They really wanted me to have the best experience (as if getting a great deal and having no hassels or issues during negotiations wasn't enough), they are going the extra mile to fix something BMW should have taken care of at the VPC.

Kudos to my guys Mark Decker and Emille at BMW of Riverside. I really can't say enough great things about these guys. Mark was actually out of town on Thanksgiving vacation but called a few times to make sure the delivery went well and to see if I was enjoying my new car. He reassured me the wheel would be taken care of when he was back in town next week.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0