Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

11-16-2015, 01:50 AM   #1
s0ul
Coder
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F30 328xi, '16 F82 (soon)

I'm dying of agony from waiting for the allocation week (48). This wait is overpowering!

11-16-2015, 02:14 AM   #2
spectrumphoto
Just another peanut in the Turd!
United_States
Rep
Drives: g16M850;f30M550;f80M3-ED;e90M3

Thats nothing....

The real pain begins waiting for it to get on the boat, then off the boat, then to VPC, then the dealership. Thats the worst.... oh wait, thats the easy part

(no, its the worst just don't want to make you feel bad)
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2015, 02:19 AM   #3
s0ul
Coder
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F30 328xi, '16 F82 (soon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrumphoto
Thats nothing....

The real pain begins waiting for it to get on the boat, then off the boat, then to VPC, then the dealership. Thats the worst.... oh wait, thats the easy part

I thought I can handle it but no. I'm currently looking into aftermarket parts.
      11-16-2015, 08:18 AM   #4
SROC3
The limit of adhesion is my home.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a Boss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0ul View Post
I thought I can handle it but no. I'm currently looking into aftermarket parts.
Yep......that's the beginning of the downward spiral

parts......then parts....oh wait, how about that part?....oh heck, I'll take those parts.........Check the "findship" app (download this for your ipad/iphone, It'll drive you bonkers) for your boat's whereabouts.....Oh crap, ANOtHeR ParT?? (buy).....Lament to others on the forum as to why your car is still in status 150/190/191 and not on a damn ship yet....."ooohhh, pretty carbon fiber..." (buy again)...Check the Findship app for your car's whereabouts...create thread about when/what/who/where is happening and if anyone wants to "join".....check the Findship app for your cars whereabouts...drive around town, thinking of how these are the last days with your current car...and how you're just NOT going to miss it AT all.....check the classified for 2nd hand parts....check Black Friday deals coming up....write a list of your mods and post them on a thread...check the findship app for your cars whereabouts....Check links on WW Line and United road fervishly to see when your car might arrive....get very frustrated w/ BMW Genius and their day-delayed system...maybe buy one more part....juuuuuust one more...

That pretty much sums up the 6 week process.....then begins the rigamarole of being in VPC hell + the wait for dealer arrival

You can do it.
      11-16-2015, 08:23 AM   #5
Jimbooo
UK F82 owner
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MY16 F82 M4

yep im in the same situation. dealer has just advised me that the cars are built, one sitting in the dock, one on route to the dock. hopefully arriving at dealers next week and the week after for the other one.
getting mighty fed up of cycling to work!!!
exhausted all youtube M4 and x5 videos, aftermarket retailers websites and pretty much everything the internet holds on the cars.. my work PC search history is looking a little more personal than work related right now!!
      11-16-2015, 09:17 AM   #6
Bluex
Useful Idiot
United_States
Rep
Drives: My wife and kids insane.

Garage List
2015 BMW F80 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrumphoto View Post
Thats nothing....

~whips his out~

Hah, that's nothing......

The real pain starts when you "order" your car for ED in December, it finally gets submitted (allocation available) in February, painstakingly watch and wait for it to go into production until April, get delivered in Munich in May and then drop it off and wait another month before it gets stateside, hits the VPC, and is trucked to local dealership at the end of June!

6 months of hell and complete OCD.

(I feel for OP too, and you....just didn't want you to feel so bad)

lol.

My European Delivery Thread
Appreciate 0