ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

11-13-2015, 11:12 PM   #1
duckJAI
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i Sport Line

Talking Deposit placed on 2016 F80 M3, doing ED. First BMW!

I just put a deposit on an 2016 F80 M3 Black on Black, Carbon Trim, MPE Ti-Tips and super pumped as this is my first BMW.

Also the first time I've heard of a "European Delivery" when the sales manger told me about it, I said HELL YES I'm down!

Most important question I have is, when to book my ED?! Time window of doing an ED is February-April.

Because I'm in Canada I think it takes up to 2 months for local delivery from the ED date, so I wouldn't want to go past April since I'd possibly get the car at the end of summer.

What is the weather like and what month is the best time to go? I wouldn't want to go when it's freezing and can't really enjoy a spirited drive
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2015, 11:29 PM   #2
CRtoE92
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Melbourne red

Hello congratulation on your ED order
I am doing my first ED on 12/18 so I have done decent amount of researches and I can answer some of your Questions.... There are many experts in this forum so im sure they will chime in too

Upon your deposit, did your dealer give you a production #? ED date request form?

You can request 3 different dates that you desire to do your ED on, once your requested date is confirmed with BMW then they will send you a confirmation letter indicating the date and time of your delivery, you can book your flight at this point and other trip itinerary

In order to request the date, You MUST obtain a production # which indicates that you reserve the allocation from your dealer for your car

I posted this pictures but ill post it again to help you understand the procedure better!

However, if you planned to do this in april, it was too early for the dealer to have the allocation for your order you really didnt have to leave deposit for it as the dealership cant really proxess your order rightnow
I hope you have a great ED experience and again congrats on your order!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-13-2015, 11:33 PM   #3
Mario_Kart
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 328

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtoE92 View Post
I am doing my first ED on 12/18 so I have done decent amount of researches and I can answer some of your Questions.... There are many experts in this forum so im sure they will chime in too

Upon your deposit, did your dealer give you a production #? ED date request form?

You can request 3 different dates that you desire to do your ED on, once your requested date is confirmed with BMW then they will send you a confirmation letter indicating the date and time of your delivery, you can book your flight at this point and other trip itinerary

In order to request the date, You MUST obtain a production # which indicates that you reserve the allocation from your dealer for your car

I posted this pictures but ill post it again to help you understand the procedure better!

However, if you planned to do this in april, it was too early for the dealer to have the allocation for your order you really didnt have to leave deposit for it as the dealership cant really proxess your order rightnow
the ED system sucks in Canada and is no where near close to how the US is doing it. I never got what you posted and I only had to rely on my CA to give me the info.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2015, 11:36 PM   #4
CRtoE92
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario_Kart
Quote:

the ED system sucks in Canada and is no where near close to how the US is doing it. I never got what you posted and I only had to rely on my CA to give me the info.
I see but canada is still operated by BMWNA so im sure the process is similar as this ED order is processed by BMWNA

Ask your dealership for a production # although your dealership will not be able to give you on at this point for April delivery

Go ask your deposit back for now There isnt really reason to leave that money in the air until feb or march
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2015, 11:39 PM   #5
Mario_Kart
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I see but canada is still operated by BMWNA so im sure the process is similar as this ED order is processed by BMWNA

Ask your dealership for a production # although your dealership will not be able to give you on at this point for April delivery

Go ask your deposit back for now There isnt really reason to leave that money in the air until feb or march

You are out to lunch if you think BMW NA handles ED orders in Canada.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2015, 11:41 PM   #6
CRtoE92
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario_Kart
Quote:

You are out to lunch if you think BMW NA handles ED orders in Canada.
No? Ok nevermind then all my paperworks were processed by BMWNA so i thought they did for canada too

Then who processes Canada ED orders?
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2015, 11:48 PM   #7
Mario_Kart
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
No? Ok nevermind then all my paperworks were processed by BMWNA so i thought they did for canada too

Then who processes Canada ED orders?
BMW Group Canada
http://www.bmwgroup.ca/en
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2015, 11:49 PM   #8
duckJAI
Private
Canada
Rep

The reason I placed a deposit so soon was because they had a BMW 1 day private sale which gave me a really good % discount off. From what I hear, these 1 day sales don't happen often.

So what I'm really trying to figure out is when I should confirm with the dealership on the month I want to do ED. Would February be too cold to do any spirited driving and enjoy Munich and surrounding areas? March? April?

Looking at the Average Temperatures in Munich for 2015 by months here:
http://www.holiday-weather.com/munich/averages/

Highest is in July with 18C. That is REALLY mediocre for summer weather since in Canada/Toronto we experience a high of at least 40C.

Last edited by duckJAI; 11-13-2015 at 11:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2015, 12:02 AM   #9
duckJAI
Private
Canada
Rep

Kind of answering my own question here, but looking at these charts, March seems pretty good - taking into account I get the car earlier locally. May has the most rain.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/de/mun...015&view=table
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2015, 12:08 AM   #10
sittingmongoose
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 x3mC

You want to go as late into the year as possible so April. It's very cold in that area. You need winter tires if you go in feb or March plus you won't be able to drive most of the roads in the alps. So April is the way to go.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2015, 12:48 AM   #11
duckJAI
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sittingmongoose View Post
You want to go as late into the year as possible so April. It's very cold in that area. You need winter tires if you go in feb or March plus you won't be able to drive most of the roads in the alps. So April is the way to go.
Ah ok, thanks for the tip!
Appreciate 0