BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

11-10-2015, 02:29 AM   #1
CaRtOoNz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M4 (F82)

New M4 Owner | North Carolina

Hey guys, ordered my 2016 Alpine White DCT M4 a couple weeks back, and am expecting delivery by the end of this month! Never dreamed I'd be able to play with the big boys, but here I am lol. I'm coming off a supercharged 2006 Civic Si, making about 400whp, but this will be my first "actual" sports car, and my first RWD vehicle.

I plan on installing the full Dinan Stage 2 Package, suspension and all, as soon as I'm passed my break-in period. I've read that people here HATE the Dinan stuff cause it's overpriced, but it's my money so don't worry about it!

I plan on keeping this thing a while, and am getting the extended warranty and maintenance plan, so that's the main reason for the Dinan.

I'm also planning on going with some Vorsteiner VF103s, but was gonna ask around on here and find out what size is suitable for whatever drop I can achieve with the Dinan Coil kit. Was thinking 20s? What width works the best on that kit?

Other than that I've ordered every possible bell and whistle on the car with the exception of Ceramic/Carbon Brakes (whichever it is). Didn't see spending 9k on that...

Anywho, hope to talk about this beast and learn even more from you guys. names Luke, nice to meet you all!

2016 BM4 M4 (Alpine White)
Carbon Roof
Carbon Trunk Wing, Front Diffuser, and Mirror Caps
Cloth/Leather Interior
Black 19" 437M
Black Grills
Every Other Option except Carbon Ceramic Brakes and Parking Assist.

---------CURRENT MODS----------

-Vorsteiner VF103s w/ RE-11s (265/35r19f | 305/30r19r)
-KW HAS Kit
-Ceramic Pro Gold Coating (4 Layers 9H) on Paint, Windows, Exhaust Tips, and Wheels.
-Evolution Racewerks Charge Pipe
-Status Gruppe Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser
-EAS Carbon Seat Backs
-IND Carbon Side Gills
-IND Painted Front Reflectors
-Carbon Rear M4 Badge
-Carbon M License Plate Frame
-BMS Drop In Air Filters

Last edited by CaRtOoNz; 06-20-2016 at 03:44 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2015, 05:27 PM   #2
dkhm3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GT3 2020 X3MC

congrats man. you will get more responses if you put the mod questions in the appropriate forum.

Previously:
1999 M3 2002 M3 2005 S4 2008 C63 2015 M3 2016 X5M 2019 911S
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2015, 06:07 PM   #3
afadeev
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaRtOoNz View Post
Hey guys, ordered my 2016 Alpine White DCT M4 a couple weeks back, and am expecting delivery by the end of this month! Never dreamed I'd be able to play with the big boys, but here I am lol. I'm coming off a supercharged 2006 Civic Si, making about 400whp, but this will be my first "actual" sports car, and my first RWD vehicle.
Congrats, and welcome aboard the RWD tail wagging ship!

Quote:
I plan on installing the full Dinan Stage 2 Package, suspension and all, as soon as I'm passed my break-in period. I've read that people here HATE the Dinan stuff cause it's overpriced, but it's my money so don't worry about it!
Hate is a strong world, frequently mis-used. Few feels that strongly about a vendor, unless they got ripped off.

The trouble with Dinan is that, since Steve left, their engineering standards seem to have declined. Even before then, Dinan was rarely on the cutting edge of performance.
The upside to Dinan, is that they still match BMW warranty on parts, so if your dealer sells Dinan parts (not many do), they will repair them under warranty.

Quote:
I plan on keeping this thing a while, and am getting the extended warranty and maintenance plan, so that's the main reason for the Dinan.
Really?
You are going to pay extra to extend oil and wiper blade maintenance plan !!?
Yeah, there are a few other bits thrown in, but what car guy can't change his own oil and wiper rubbers?

a
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2015, 06:48 PM   #4
CaRtOoNz
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by afadeev View Post
Congrats, and welcome aboard the RWD tail wagging ship!

Hate is a strong world, frequently mis-used. Few feels that strongly about a vendor, unless they got ripped off.

The trouble with Dinan is that, since Steve left, their engineering standards seem to have declined. Even before then, Dinan was rarely on the cutting edge of performance.
The upside to Dinan, is that they still match BMW warranty on parts, so if your dealer sells Dinan parts (not many do), they will repair them under warranty.

Really?
You are going to pay extra to extend oil and wiper blade maintenance plan !!?
Yeah, there are a few other bits thrown in, but what car guy can't change his own oil and wiper rubbers?

a
My dealership does sell and install Dinan, so that's another reason I'm going this route. As for the maintenance, I got a huge deal on it so there was no reason for me to not take it.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2015, 01:01 PM   #5
CaRtOoNz
Private First Class
Rep

So my car arrived at the dock yesterday! It's cool to know exactly where it is but to me that looks like my delivery time will not be what I originally though (by the end of the month). Luckily I'm East Coast so that should shorten the trip, but I'm still expecting Early-Mid December now to avoid disappointment.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2015, 02:38 PM   #6
mgcyr
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '19 GTS, ‘17 Cayenne

Congratulations. You will get to hear a lot of opinions on anything you do to your car. I'm not sure if that's a good thing though.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2015, 04:02 PM   #7
CaRtOoNz
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgcyr View Post
Congratulations. You will get to hear a lot of opinions on anything you do to your car. I'm not sure if that's a good thing though.
Haha yeah, that's to be expected anywhere you go though. I'm sure community is a bit more tame then where I'm coming from...

#hondakids
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2016, 03:29 AM   #8
CaRtOoNz
Private First Class
Rep

Figured now's a good time to update (I'll Update OP as well):

Base:

2016 BM4 M4 (Alpine White)
Carbon Roof
Carbon Trunk Wing, Front Diffuser, and Mirror Caps
Cloth/Leather Interior
Black 19" 437M
Black Grills
Every Other Option except Carbon Ceramic Brakes and Parking Assist.

(Added 15mm Front | 12mm Rear Spacers in these pics)

Blue is mine.

---------CURRENT MODS----------

-Vorsteiner VF103s w/ RE-11s (265/35r19f | 305/30r19r)
-KW HAS Kit
-Ceramic Pro Gold Coating (4 Layers 9H) on Paint, Windows, Exhaust Tips, and Wheels.
-Evolution Racewerks Charge Pipe
-Status Gruppe Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser
-EAS Carbon Seat Backs
-IND Carbon Side Gills
-IND Painted Front Reflectors
-Carbon Rear M4 Badge
-Carbon M License Plate Frame
-BMS Drop In Air Filters

-----------MODS TO COME--------------

-Dinan Carbon Intake
-Dinan Exhaust (Black Tips)
-Dinan Stage 2 Tune

Last edited by CaRtOoNz; 06-20-2016 at 03:44 AM..
Appreciate 0