BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

11-04-2015, 08:01 PM   #1
momo3605
Major
Rep
Drives: M340i LCI, 718 GTS 4.0

BMW CCA Rebate question for Associate member

Long story short, I'm an associate member on my dad's BMWCCA account. I ended up picking up my car by myself, and I figured as long as my dad's account was older than a year (which it is) I'd be fine on the discount. Turns out, my associate member ID has to be valid for 12 months as well! Don't get that...but the BMW CCA lady said she would recommend putting the member's name on the paperwork. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do in this situation?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2015, 08:12 PM   #2
afadeev
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo3605 View Post
Long story short, I'm an associate member on my dad's BMWCCA account. I ended up picking up my car by myself, and I figured as long as my dad's account was older than a year (which it is) I'd be fine on the discount. Turns out, my associate member ID has to be valid for 12 months as well! Don't get that...
This actually makes sense.
There is a limit on collecting one (1) CCA rebate per year, per member. So adding associate members to the parent account effectively raises that limit.

The extend to which BMW NA (for whom CCA administers the rebate program) does not want folks to game the system and add membership just for the rebate, they insist on enforcing the 12 months continues membership for each and every member in whose name the rebate can be collected.

Associate members definitely qualify for the rebates, as I can attest first hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo3605 View Post
but the BMW CCA lady said she would recommend putting the member's name on the paperwork. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do in this situation?
If you register the car in your father's name, he could collect the rebate. I don't know if that is something that you both of you are open to doing, but it's definitely an option.

a
Appreciate 0