BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

BPM

04-25-2015, 07:55 PM   #1
Jwooten
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Comp Package

Exhaust/ECU question- ( Yes, I've done tons of research prior to asking)

I've tried to do as much reading as possible for a new E92 M3 (2012) owner , so my question is (taking advice from others) is not one of opinion , but one of location.
Does anyone in South Carolina area have an Evolve ( test pipe or e tronic exhaust) that i can hear/experience in person? I'm willing to travel if necessary ( my goal is the Evolve e tronic type system since I'm a 40 yr old, but still like to wind it out on a weekly basis).
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2015, 10:57 PM   #2
ILUVM3
@justnnncredible
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 ZCP

Ever considered the Borla ATAK slip on? It's sound is deep and throaty without being excessive. I'm in Augusta and often in Columbia if you'd like to check it out.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2015, 07:44 AM   #3
BobS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M3

I think its a good idea to get a valved exhaust and the evolve is real nice piece. If the M is your daily car its a even better idea. I almost bought the evolve but was worried the valve would stick in the salt air I drive in during the summer when I drive to the beach every weekend. If you look on youtube there are some vids...I've heard the evolve exhaust in person and its awesome.

ESS 650 ACM-R Upgrades
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2015, 07:48 AM   #4
Jwooten
Private
Rep

I'd love to hear it in person next time you are in the area- I'm actually in lexington (exit 58) right off of I-20. I'll PM you with my #

I hadn't considered Borla too seriously since I have a co worker with the s type and some version of an x pipe on a 5.0 mustang and it's crazy loud and not at all what I'm looking for, but it's certainly worth checking out and meeting another member. See you soon
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2015, 07:55 AM   #5
Jwooten
Private
Rep

Thanks Bobs, I just missed another member selling a used E Tronic exhaust, but will keep this on my short list. evolve DCT tune here on Monday and I'll go from there with mods
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2015, 08:01 AM   #6
BobS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwooten View Post
Thanks Bobs, I just missed another member selling a used E Tronic exhaust, but will keep this on my short list. evolve DCT tune here on Monday and I'll go from there with mods
Thats the way to go... there are so many used/nice parts for sale if your patient and persistent enough to look every day.

ESS 650 ACM-R Upgrades
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2015, 11:58 PM   #7
mkPOTO
Mr. Nice Says Hello
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 | X5 xdrive 35i MSport

Garage List
The Evolve unit is by far my favorite exhaust setup. I love being able to have "dual setup" when I need it. It is very hard to capture the sound of the evolve unit. I have posted a few videos below.

Full Evolve Unit with valves open and closed (Cold Start)

If you have any questions about the Evolve unit let me know.
Appreciate 0