BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-03-2015, 04:05 PM   #1
AHCPAX5
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW X5 50i M Sport

Steering issue-90 degree turns

Hey everyone- I have a problem. When making a left or right turn, I hear a grinding/knocking sound coming from axles. I took car to dealer and test drove with tech and we both heard noise in addition to a weird knock when doing a full circle u-turn. They took the truck over nite and found that a strut bar nut was loose. However, on my way back home, I heard the steering knocking when turning again. They said they dont hear or feel anything abnormal. When sitting on passenger side, you can feel on floorboard the knocking when making a full lock turn. Anyone else feel this? I have a '15 M sport, standard suspension, no actuve steering. 5000 miles.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2015, 06:00 PM   #2
KayJay
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHCPAX5 View Post
Hey everyone- I have a problem. When making a left or right turn, I hear a grinding/knocking sound coming from axles. I took car to dealer and test drove with tech and we both heard noise in addition to a weird knock when doing a full circle u-turn. They took the truck over nite and found that a strut bar nut was loose. However, on my way back home, I heard the steering knocking when turning again. They said they dont hear or feel anything abnormal. When sitting on passenger side, you can feel on floorboard the knocking when making a full lock turn. Anyone else feel this? I have a '15 M sport, standard suspension, no actuve steering. 5000 miles.

Thanks
If you can hear or feel any knocking sound, then you should definitely have that checked out. This is not normal. Get a second opinion from a local mechanic or even take it to another BMW dealership with service center near by.
Appreciate 0