BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-20-2015, 11:55 AM   #1
atterbud
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 135is

HELP: ER FMIC Install with PPK2

I have a 135is that comes with the PPK2 installed. The kit has an auxilary radiator in the front of the driver side wheel well. I have car in the shop at the moment to have the Evolution Raceworks FMIC fitted, but the guys are stuck as the auxilary radiator in the PPK2 is hitting on the lower IC piping coming from the FMIC.

Does anyone have experience installing an aftermarket FMIC in a car with the PPK2?

I should get some pictures from the guys at the shop and will post them later.

Any help or advice would be very greatly appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2015, 12:07 PM   #2
atterbud
Private
United_States
Rep

Here are some pictures to help explain the issues:

Notes from the guys at the shop:

Picture one: Chassis stiffening brace (black bar) hitting charge piping. Can bracing be removed? Convertible only, is it fitted on iS model, couldn’t locate in ETK with your vin. Removal of this chassis stiffening brace would facilitate installation. Also if charge piping could be modified to fit around brace by manufacturing a “depression.”

Picture two: Coolant pipe to cooler (275 marking) hitting at back of charge pipe, Can cooler be removed/ replaced?

Picture three: Piping connection from intercooler/ hose connection. Hose not long enough to allow full insertion, flange should be inserted approx. 25 mm further, cannot move intercooler back any further. Charge pipe cannot move forward due to transmission cooler interference.

Picture four: Mounting for transmission cooler, bottom of radiator, cannot get fastener in to connect due to interference from cooler/ charge pipe fitment.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-20-2015, 12:12 PM   #3
atterbud
Private
United_States
Rep

The guys at the shop actually feel the issue is the transmission cooler for the DCT rather than the aux radiator from the PPK2.

Anyone installed FMIC on DCT car had simialr issues?
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2015, 01:05 PM   #4
atterbud
Private
United_States
Rep

Problem maybe solved. In speaking with ER it seems that the Convertible has an additional brace in the engine bay and requires a different lower IC pipe.
Appreciate 0