EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

02-02-2015, 01:32 PM   #1
XRAVE
Rep
Drives: 135i

M3 Allocations

Just locked in a deal today.

39 months, 10k miles
MSRP: $70425
Sale Price: 66000
MF .0013
Residual 63%
Monthly payment, 715 tax in
Due at signing, $3000

My broker is trying to see if they have any allocations for the M3. Assuming they don't have any, how long should I expect to wait before they get one? Also, how often does a dealership get them?
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2015, 02:13 PM   #2
afadeev
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRAVE View Post

39 months, 10k miles
MF .0013
Residual 63%
Due at signing, $3000

My broker is trying to see if they have any allocations for the M3. Assuming they don't have any, how long should I expect to wait before they get one? Also, how often does a dealership get them?
You don't really have a deal if you don't have production allocation from a dealer. Your sales guy/broker is selling you air, if you are asked to sign a PO without an allocation number and a production week.

I had first negotiated the price, got a verbal/handshake agreement, got a production slot/build week, then came to sign the PO. Then finalized the financing.

Different dealerships have a different # of monthly allocations, depending on their size, historical volume, Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI) scores, etc. But it doesn't mean that you get any of them, unless you are speaking with a dealer sales rep who is willing to dedicate a real allocation with a specified production week (subject to change) to your order!

a
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2015, 02:27 PM   #3
XRAVE
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by afadeev View Post
You don't really have a deal if you don't have production allocation from a dealer. Your sales guy/broker is selling you air, if you are asked to sign a PO without an allocation number and a production week.

I had first negotiated the price, got a verbal/handshake agreement, got a production slot/build week, then came to sign the PO. Then finalized the financing.

Different dealerships have a different # of monthly allocations, depending on their size, historical volume, Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI) scores, etc. But it doesn't mean that you get any of them, unless you are speaking with a dealer sales rep who is willing to dedicate a real allocation with a specified production week (subject to change) to your order!

a
I haven't actually signed anything yet, I sent over the credit app and was approved. He told me this locks me in for the rate he had quoted me. He says tomorrow I will need to make the $1000 deposit. Should he provide me with the production number before I give the $1000 deposit? If the dealership has no allocations, how can I be provided with one?
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2015, 02:53 PM   #4
BMWMico
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 30e

Quote:
I haven't actually signed anything yet, I sent over the credit app and was approved. He told me this locks me in for the rate he had quoted me. He says tomorrow I will need to make the $1000 deposit. Should he provide me with the production number before I give the $1000 deposit? If the dealership has no allocations, how can I be provided with one?
I would not put or request a deposit without a production spot.

If a dealer doesn't have allocation - you can't get it. Some dealers use this tactic to take buyers off the market: you think that you have a deal, so you stop shopping, but it might take months before your car goes into production, and they can push orders with more profit in front of you.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2015, 02:58 PM   #5
XRAVE
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWSFMico View Post

If a dealer doesn't have allocation - you can't get it. Some dealers use this tactic to take buyers off the market: you think that you have a deal, so you stop shopping, but it might take months before your car goes into production, and they can push orders with more profit in front of you.
So if he comes back tomorrow and tells me there's no allocations, I need to move onto a new dealer?
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2015, 03:05 PM   #6
Bluex
Useful Idiot
United_States
Rep
Drives: My wife and kids insane.

Garage List
2015 BMW F80 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWSFMico View Post

^^^^ This.

Plain and simple, if they do NOT have an allocation with a production number ready to give you and you sign or give a deposit, you're giving them the right to jerk you around, potentially, for months until they get an allocation and decide to give one to you. I wouldn't have even allowed them to do a hard credit check until I knew that 1: they had an allocation and 2: that I was going to buy from them.

If they dont have one, i'd move on to someone that does.

My European Delivery Thread
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2015, 03:09 PM   #7
XRAVE
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluex View Post
^^^^ This.

Plain and simple, if they do NOT have an allocation with a production number ready to give you and you sign or give a deposit, you're giving them the right to jerk you around, potentially, for months until they get an allocation and decide to give one to you. I wouldn't have even allowed them to do a hard credit check until I knew that 1: they had an allocation and 2: that I was going to buy from them.

If they dont have one, i'd move on to someone that does.
Makes sense. I guess I learned my lesson. I was under the assumption that if he was making this deal with me, the dealership had an allocation. Thankfully I haven't given the deposit so he better hope he comes back tomorrow telling me there is an allocation.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2015, 03:25 PM   #8
XRAVE
Rep

Just got off the phone with the broker. He said that if they don't have any allocations tomorrow, the dealership is going to try and trade allocations with other dealerships in the New York area. He said that should be fairly simple since it is winter right now and most dealerships should have an allocation. If he doesn't have one by Friday, hell get me in touch with another dealership that does.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2015, 03:31 PM   #9
Bluex
Useful Idiot
United_States
Rep
Drives: My wife and kids insane.

Garage List
2015 BMW F80 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Just got off the phone with the broker. He said that if they don't have any allocations tomorrow, the dealership is going to try and trade allocations with other dealerships in the New York area. He said that should be fairly simple since it is winter right now and most dealerships should have an allocation. If he doesn't have one by Friday, hell get me in touch with another dealership that does.
That's actually a partial bit of crap.....lol. Deals, from some anecdotal evidence, seem to be a little less fantastic then some were getting even a month and some ago. Allocations seem to be at a shortage, and dealers that were expecting allocations come January have found that they haven't gotten them yet. Apparently BMW for whatever reason (maybe shortages) are not releasing as many allocations. So that part of his logic is a bit bs.

However, they certainly CAN trade allocations if they're motivated to do so, and one can be found.

Hopefully that does happen in your case. Just don't let them string you along for too long.

My European Delivery Thread
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2015, 03:44 PM   #10
XRAVE
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluex View Post
That's actually a partial bit of crap.....lol. Deals, from some anecdotal evidence, seem to be a little less fantastic then some were getting even a month and some ago. Allocations seem to be at a shortage, and dealers that were expecting allocations come January have found that they haven't gotten them yet. Apparently BMW for whatever reason (maybe shortages) are not releasing as many allocations. So that part of his logic is a bit bs.

However, they certainly CAN trade allocations if they're motivated to do so, and one can be found.

Hopefully that does happen in your case. Just don't let them string you along for too long.
Yea he said he's almost positive hell have it done this week and wont string me along past Friday. Do you mean that the deal I got isn't fantastic? I mean 6.3% ($4425 off) seems to be pretty good. If you know a dealership that can match that, I will defiantly hop on that right away. It can be in any state as I am doing the performance center delivery.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2015, 03:46 PM   #11
Mr. Hankey
Christmas Poo
Rep
Drives: an old Ford

Quote:

39 months, 10k miles
MF .0013
Residual 63%
Due at signing, $3000

If that's for US delivery the numbers look pretty solid. Regarding the allocations, depends on the size of the dealer...my local dealer has typically 50-80 cars, and only about 2 M cars a year. In Boston they may have 400-500 in stock and I imagine 1-2 allocations a month for M3s based on the volume that I've been watching come in and out since last August. Depends on volume of the dealer, period. Otherwise they will talk you in circles when trying to find out about allocations. If you willing to wait thats a whole other deal then....may be a month or 2...They should have received their feb allocations over the weekend.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2015, 10:17 AM   #12
afadeev
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Yea he said he's almost positive hell have it done this week and wont string me along past Friday. Do you mean that the deal I got isn't fantastic? I mean 6.3% ($4425 off) seems to be pretty good. If you know a dealership that can match that, I will defiantly hop on that right away. It can be in any state as I am doing the performance center delivery.
If your broker can get you that deal, you should be able to get an even better one by going straight to the dealer, minus broker fees and markups.

Since it is the dealer who has the allocation, the broker is just stringing you along and inserting his margin between you and the deal.

6.3% off MSRP is a meaningless number without explicit disclosure of all the fees and surcharges that will get tagged on top of the price of the car. Those can easily balloon into thousands, if you are not careful.

Once you leave the non-refundable deposit, you are stuck, and they know it. Anything not negotiated out to the smallest detail will become a black whole through which the dealer, the broker, or both, will be driving any number of additional fees of unlimited magnitude.

a
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2015, 10:24 AM   #13
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

Should be easy to find a good deal on an m3...... with a sunroof.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2015, 10:38 AM   #14
Rick955
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP

OP, not sure where you are from with location only saying "US". Dealers in northern CT have all M4's, but, there appears to be one M3...Black, CF roof, Black leather, Black 19's in North Haven, CT. Not sure of other options. Looks like MSRP is $77,145. If interested, I can give you a CA name.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2015, 10:59 AM   #15
rymiller73
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 6MT

Quote:

39 months, 10k miles
MF .0013
Residual 63%
Due at signing, $3000

XRAVE - I just ordered an F80 on the 28th. I got a production number and I am slated for a week 12 production. According to my CA that puts me around a second week of April delivery to me.
      02-03-2015, 11:14 AM   #16
XRAVE
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by afadeev View Post
If your broker can get you that deal, you should be able to get an even better one by going straight to the dealer, minus broker fees and markups.

Since it is the dealer who has the allocation, the broker is just stringing you along and inserting his margin between you and the deal.

6.3% off MSRP is a meaningless number without explicit disclosure of all the fees and surcharges that will get tagged on top of the price of the car. Those can easily balloon into thousands, if you are not careful.

Once you leave the non-refundable deposit, you are stuck, and they know it. Anything not negotiated out to the smallest detail will become a black whole through which the dealer, the broker, or both, will be driving any number of additional fees of unlimited magnitude.

a
The only fee he sent in the quote is the 795 acquisition fee. And I know I could have gotten a better deal but going straight to them, but if I never went through him, I would have never found that dealership. If you can provide me with a dealer that has an allocation for an m3 and is willing to go 6-7% off msrp, I'll be glad to speak with them.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2015, 11:24 AM   #17
XRAVE
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick955 View Post
OP, not sure where you are from with location only saying "US". Dealers in northern CT have all M4's, but, there appears to be one M3...Black, CF roof, Black leather, Black 19's in North Haven, CT. Not sure of other options. Looks like MSRP is $77,145. If interested, I can give you a CA name.

77,145 is a little high. Sounds like it has executive package and driver assistant package. Things I was trying to avoid. My company will only pay 715 a month for a car, so if I got over the 70,425 MSRP, I will be having to put to much down. If you believe your CA has an M3 allocation for an order, I will be more than glad to speak with them.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2015, 11:42 AM   #18
Rick955
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
77,145 is a little high. Sounds like it has executive package and driver assistant package. Things I was trying to avoid. My company will only pay 715 a month for a car, so if I got over the 70,425 MSRP, I will be having to put to much down. If you believe your CA has an M3 allocation for an order, I will be more than glad to speak with them.
Probably does have Exec Pkg. So I see you updated to Miami... probably tougher to find them down there compared to our 3 feet of snow up here!

I know another guy bought one a week before me and took the last Feb allocation, I got their first March allocation...April delivery. Not sure what he has left, but I'm sure they'd be able to get you one... just depends on when you want it! With all this snow, April is good for me. In any case, it would not be before April assuming he had another March allocation. There must be a dealer closer to you with an allocation, no? If your guy does not come through for you, let me know.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2015, 11:54 AM   #19
XRAVE
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick955 View Post
Probably does have Exec Pkg. So I see you updated to Miami... probably tougher to find them down there compared to our 3 feet of snow up here!

I know another guy bought one a week before me and took the last Feb allocation, I got their first March allocation...April delivery. Not sure what he has left, but I'm sure they'd be able to get you one... just depends on when you want it! With all this snow, April is good for me. In any case, it would not be before April assuming he had another March allocation. There must be a dealer closer to you with an allocation, no? If your guy does not come through for you, let me know.
He hasn't come through yet and I'm ready to make the deal today. I have contacted all south Florida BMW's and they don't wanna budge from MSRP. Max I saw was 3%, but hes getting me %6.5 and that's really where I want to be since I know I can get that now,
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2015, 12:21 PM   #20
Rick955
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
He hasn't come through yet and I'm ready to make the deal today. I have contacted all south Florida BMW's and they don't wanna budge from MSRP. Max I saw was 3%, but hes getting me %6.5 and that's really where I want to be since I know I can get that now,
Just sent you a PM with more info. G/L!
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2015, 01:15 PM   #21
XRAVE
Rep

So my current broker is still trying to see if the dealer can find an allocation. I haven't signed anything with him, just been sent a quote and sent over the application.

If I find another dealer that has an allocation ready to go today, do I have anything that is tying me to him or do I just tell him I found a better deal and thats that?
Appreciate 1
      02-03-2015, 01:22 PM   #22
Rick955
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
So my current broker is still trying to see if the dealer can find an allocation. I haven't signed anything with him, just been sent a quote and sent over the application.

If I find another dealer that has an allocation ready to go today, do I have anything that is tying me to him or do I just tell him I found a better deal and thats that?
I don't know... but if you didn't sign anything, and you didn't give him any funds, then I can't see how you have anything binding.
Appreciate 0