Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

01-24-2015, 07:29 PM   #1
teamwerx
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

How did you mount your JB4/piggyback?

So I'm working on the install of the BMS Stage 1, which is basically JB4 instructions. The instructions call for tie wrapping to the frame, but I'm concerned there could be some water damage, or maybe eventually vibrate this little box to pieces. I was thinking about either making a bracket with some rubber surrounds, or at least wrapping it in a balloon if I'm going to tie wrap it.

Thoughts?

On a more shitty note, I was removing the two T-25 torx bolts to move the inter-cooler reservoir out of the way and one of the bolts dropped into what sounded like purgatory. I tried fishing it with a magnet but couldn't find it.

Where can I find a replacement bolt, anyone by chance have a part number?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2015, 08:37 PM   #2
E92LNGCGY
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F97/Q5/982 GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamwerx View Post
So I'm working on the install of the BMS Stage 1, which is basically JB4 instructions. The instructions call for tie wrapping to the frame, but I'm concerned there could be some water damage, or maybe eventually vibrate this little box to pieces. I was thinking about either making a bracket with some rubber surrounds, or at least wrapping it in a balloon if I'm going to tie wrap it.

Thoughts?

On a more shitty note, I was removing the two T-25 torx bolts to move the inter-cooler reservoir out of the way and one of the bolts dropped into what sounded like purgatory. I tried fishing it with a magnet but couldn't find it.

Thanks
I am about to install the JB4 as well. Regarding moving the IC reservoir all you did was remove the 2 bolts and it comes out? Are there any other steps? Any tips for an easier install?
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2015, 08:44 PM   #3
teamwerx
Private First Class
Rep

Yea so what I did was I put a pair of vice grips on the hose that goes from the intercooler to the tank. I opened the cap on the tank to bleed the pressure, then I just used pliers on the hose clamp and it as well as the hose slid right off. I didn't get much drainage but I put a little rag under neath the nipple where the hose came off. Once you do that, the two bolts are t-25 torx. You can basically lift the reservoir and move it out of the way very easy.

Hopefully that helps, ask away
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2015, 09:12 PM   #4
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3

Mount it under the strut brace using a zip tie as shown in the guide. This is the best location to keep it protected and safe. There is no need to do anything "custom" with it.

Mike
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2015, 09:32 PM   #5
E92LNGCGY
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Yea so what I did was I put a pair of vice grips on the hose that goes from the intercooler to the tank. I opened the cap on the tank to bleed the pressure, then I just used pliers on the hose clamp and it as well as the hose slid right off. I didn't get much drainage but I put a little rag under neath the nipple where the hose came off. Once you do that, the two bolts are t-25 torx. You can basically lift the reservoir and move it out of the way very easy.

Hopefully that helps, ask away
I removed the 2 T-25 bolts but that plug feels like it is stuck to something underneath. I can turn it but that's about it. Am I suppose to use some force to pull the plug up?
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2015, 09:44 PM   #6
teamwerx
Private First Class
Rep

A gentle tug should do it, if you've removed the hose and the two bolts, it should come out!
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2015, 09:48 PM   #7
E92LNGCGY
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
A gentle tug should do it, if you've removed the hose and the two bolts, it should come out!
Thanks. I got it after I sent that message. But that plug was in there pretty good.

Let me know you impressions after you drive it with the JB4.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2015, 10:53 PM   #8
bdoooh
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 SSII M5 CP

In for review
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2015, 11:40 PM   #9
A1PericoM3
Banned
Dominican Republic
Rep
Drives: F80 MW/SO

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamwerx

Thoughts?

Thanks
You don't need to fully remove resivior, just undo top hose and 2 torx screws and move it aside. No need to make special brackets or purge any system. Your thinking it through too much. Just follow the simple instructions provided by Burger and you should be done in no time.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2015, 09:53 AM   #10
teamwerx
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sup3rmanM3 View Post
You don't need to fully remove resivior, just undo top hose and 2 torx screws and move it aside. No need to make special brackets or purge any system. Your thinking it through too much. Just follow the simple instructions provided by Burger and you should be done in no time.
Yea, I understand that's exactly what I did. What advise do you have on the bolt that fell?
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2015, 09:58 AM   #11
A1PericoM3
Banned
Dominican Republic
Rep
Drives: F80 MW/SO

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamwerx
Quote:
Yea, I understand that's exactly what I did. What advise do you have on the bolt that fell?
Order a new one from dealer.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2015, 10:16 AM   #12
teamwerx
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Order a new one from dealer.
Ordered this:

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...22-11617533331

Should be close, will have a review today I hope.
Appreciate 0