Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3 / M4 Photos and Videos

01-08-2015, 02:30 PM   #1
brianeck
Part Time Firetruck Crash Barrier
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340ix Mineral Grey

New Winter Setup Pics: 19" Axis Model 2 Graphite Silver

Figured I'd share some pics before I put my center caps in.

These are Axis Model 2 19x8.5 inch Matte Graphite Silver wheels. I decided to go with a square setup so I could rotate my wheels, plus the slightly thinner profile is only a benefit for winter traction anyway. Tires are 4x 255/35R-19 Bridgestone Blizzak LM-32 XL.

Cellphone pics AND my car is filthy. I'll update with real pics once I get a wash and put in the center caps.

I absolutely love the way they look, and I think the center caps will complete the appearance. I'm gonna try to "pluck" them off using a folded piece of velcro tape or gorilla tape, just need to get the car in the garage cause its too cold for the glue to adhere outside right now (see this link for more info):

Traction: so far so good, we had some solid snow on Sunday and Monday this week and the car actually felt WAY better then I initially expected. I'm coming out of two Xi models (335 and 650 GC) so I've been spoiled with AWD and I had winters on both of those cars too.

The traction control seems to kick in quite a lot, and the engine shuts off power to the rear wheels during any kind of light cornering with acceleration, but it feels very stable and snow driving was a breeze. The setup is actually nice and quiet for a winter ride as well which was a big plus.

All in all I'm very happy with my selection.

FYI I ordered these center caps in 68mm as that is the size for the wheels. It still has the plastic protector on it so its not all scratched up like it appears.

I also put in some pics to show my 20% 3m tints, my Show N Go License plate upfront, my Powder Coated stock tips, and my IND cosmetic kit Better pics will follow once I'm clean like I said.
Attached Images

m340ix Mineral Grey/Tacora Red
Appreciate 0