Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

01-04-2015, 08:12 AM   #1
erind
Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: Ftype R, M4

MPE vs AKRAPOVIC

Guys I'm sorry if this is a repost.

After watching almost all the videos on youtube I'm still undecided between the two so I would like to hear your opinion. Which sounds better irl MPE or AKRA?

Thx for the feedback
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2015, 08:50 AM   #2
Vigilant
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cautiously fast

With all things being equal, if there is an issue with the F8x while using the Akra, warranty coverage may be an issue with BMW. With the MPE, it is my understanding that subsequent issues with the car with the exhaust will be addressed though stock warranty. According to BMWNA, the warranty for the MPE mod if installed after delivery is 2 years from date of installation or remaining time of new car warranty from date of installation, which ever one is greater. Maybe other folks can chime in who have proceeded down the exhaust mod route.

Having said that, Akra makes a great product.

Try this thread for info...http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1072435

I have personally chosen to keep mine stock. The HOA where I live is less than accommodating.

2022 BSM G80 Comp X-drive

Last edited by Vigilant; 01-04-2015 at 08:58 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2015, 09:29 AM   #3
utsteve98
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5 Competition

I just got the MPE yesterday. They told me it is covered under the car's 4 yr / 50K warranty also. When they brought it out, it sounded quiet like the original exhaust in efficient mode. For a second, I was like was this really worth the money? It sounded the same. Then when i opened it up in Sport/Sport+, damn did it sound beautiful. So much better than the stock exhaust. I know nothing about Akra, but I know if you choose MPE, you won't be disappointed.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2015, 09:30 AM   #4
erind
Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilant View Post
With all things being equal, if there is an issue with the F8x while using the Akra, warranty coverage may be an issue with BMW. With the MPE, it is my understanding that subsequent issues with the car with the exhaust will be addressed though stock warranty. According to BMWNA, the warranty for the MPE mod if installed after delivery is 2 years from date of installation or remaining time of new car warranty from date of installation, which ever one is greater. Maybe other folks can chime in who have proceeded down the exhaust mod route.

Having said that, Akra makes a great product.

Try this thread for info...http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1072435

I have personally chosen to keep mine stock. The HOA where I live is less than accommodating.
I keep the warranty if I choose to install akra. They told me it's not a problem. That being said they advised me to hear the MPE first before I make my choice.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2015, 09:34 AM   #5
erind
Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by utsteve98 View Post
I just got the MPE yesterday. They told me it is covered under the car's 4 yr / 50K warranty also. When they brought it out, it sounded quiet like the original exhaust in efficient mode. For a second, I was like was this really worth the money? It sounded the same. Then when i opened it up in Sport/Sport+, damn did it sound beautiful. So much better than the stock exhaust. I know nothing about Akra, but I know if you choose MPE, you won't be disappointed.
Nice, I think I'll give them a call to let me know if they install the MPE on another M4. I really want to hear the sound in person. I've heard akra in person. It also sounds really nice.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2015, 11:41 AM   #6
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

you have to hear them both in person. Videos are impossible to go off of. Plus everyone has different taste. One person may hate something and another will love it. I know this is not the answer your looking for but its hard to argue. Is there a way you can hear them in person? If not you will just have to take a leap of faith.

Maybe you can call your local dealerships and ask them to put you on a call list to call you ASAP when they have a install? We did this a few times in the e9xM days and it worked out pretty good for a few local people who were interested in hearing the set ups. Worth a shot

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2015, 11:42 AM   #7
CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
is your friend.

But since you are new, I will indulge .

Both are excellent options. I would say Eisenmann also falls in the same category. You cannot go wrong with either, it all boils down to personnal preference. So asking on the forum will give you split answers. Best thing is to hear them in person to see which one YOU prefer.

Regarding warranty, installing another exhaust will most likely not void the car's warranty itself. However the benefit of the MPE is that it is covered by THE SAME comprehensive warranty as your car .

Last edited by CanAutM3; 01-04-2015 at 11:48 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2015, 12:16 PM   #8
8600RPM
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

MPE is louder which to me is good. Like aka on e92 it's a bit too quiet for me. All relative though. That's assuming you don't go Catless
Appreciate 0