BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-15-2014, 08:45 PM   #1
Joepiper151
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Turbo Swap Now throwing 2ABC Code

OK, So my car was smoking like crap so I found a sweet deal on some lightly used turbos. I've been installing them myself over the past couple of days. Everything went fairly smooth other than some smashed knuckles. I came to start the car up tonight and I got a couple of engine codes and a DSC Malfunction. I checked my JB4 and it said i was throwing:

3100 Low Boost
2ABC Charging pressure sensor
DSC Malfunction

The codes wouldnt reset when i tried to do it on my laptop. Can anyone give me a start to my trouble shooting????

I'm 99% sure that the vacuum lines are on the wastegates still. It was too hot to get my had back up there.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2014, 11:51 PM   #2
Reapur
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Make sure none of the plastic nipples have broken for the vacuum lines anywhere. I recently battled a similar issue but not due to turbo replacement. I had a cracked vacuum line and it had finally worked its way off the splice.

As soon as I found and fixed that problem my waste gate rattle quieted down 90% while driving and the billowing clouds of white smoke when coming to a stop also went away.

If you have a weak vacuum system the car will suck oil into the intake tract and create this issue. I first solved it when I replaced my charge pipe, then it came back again when the vacuum lines began to get old and break. Cheap and easy fixes for what on the surface looks to be a very serious turbo failure.
Appreciate 0