ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

10-05-2014, 10:41 AM   #1
KennyM340ISouthFLA.
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X4MC

Placed order for m4 alpine/sakhir

Hi guys new to the site. Very excited I placed my order last week.
1. Alpine white/sakhir
2. 6mt
3. Adapt susp.
4. Exec. Pack.
5. 19" black wheels
6. Harmon k. Sound
7. Carbon f. Trim and roof.
8. Enhanced b/tooth

Also just wanted to clear up that there is no waiting period for ordering with carbon fiber roof. I know some people on the site wrote that production was going to be pushed too January. That is not true. Some some of us can take a sigh of relief and have our cars home soon enough. Very excited . I had previously had the e92 lime rock edition which was just sold. But test drove the 6mt and fell in love.
I just had a buddy of mine take over my lease through bmw on 2014 m5. Had the car two months, test drove the m4 and that was it for me. It worked out well his ,lease was up on his Cadillac CTS-V. He is a four door sedan kinda guy. I'm 45 yrs old but have no kids and still love my coupes. I live in north Jersey and hoping I get my m4 before it snows, only downside of living in the North East. M5 had a beast of an engine. But too big for me. Handling was not there. Anyway. Hope everyone gets fast deliveries and just wanted to say hello.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-05-2014, 02:18 PM   #2
YMB-M3-J2
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB M3

Garage List
Congrats on the order..

What source is telling you that there is no delay on CF roof? There are many forum members that would disagree with you. BMWNA has told them they are not getting their cars until next year.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2014, 08:47 PM   #3
KennyM340ISouthFLA.
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I called my dealer the other day. Also spoke to the general manager. He said he did not receive any letters or any type of information that there will be orders getting pushed to January 2015. But that is not to say they are wrong. I would really like to find out a more definite answer. Is there any way we can find out from a better and definite source. I guess bmwna would have the correct answer. Now I'm all confused. Lol.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2014, 08:49 PM   #4
KennyM340ISouthFLA.
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Thank you btw. U too. Love the Yas marina too. It was a hard choice for me. Between Yas m. And Alpine
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2014, 08:51 PM   #5
BigMo
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BG on KO G80 Base

My CA said the exact same thing about no delay. That might be because he has no allocations until next year anyways so it might not effect him.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2014, 08:53 PM   #6
KennyM340ISouthFLA.
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

My dealer had one allocation for oct. and that's what he told me. If I have to wait till after January I'm gonna b pissed
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2014, 10:01 PM   #7
YMB-M3-J2
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB M3

Garage List
Check out the "major delay carbon roof" thread in the Pricing,Euro etc delivery section. On the first few pages there is a copy of the official Bmw notification of the delay. It list all model's shortages and issues. The F8x is somewhere in the middle of that letter. It's pretty detailed that there Is a delay. The tricky part is if your allocation was already in before that you may be ok and I use the word may very loosely. Lots of people getting delayed but then lots of others going into production.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2014, 10:19 PM   #8
KennyM340ISouthFLA.
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Ok thank you for the info. I will check this out closely. How are you looking on your order?
Appreciate 0