E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > BMW promotional material

10-05-2010, 02:26 PM   #23
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
who cares what others think...

go for it Alan!!!!! ...
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2010, 03:50 PM   #24
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorboy View Post
double comedy fail as I aint Dustin Neil Diamond AKA Samuel "Screech" Powers out of the hit US show "Saved by the bell"

AlanQS - one thing posting on a forum for your mates to read about how you are a tad miffed at the current BMW pricing policy, but another to write BMW Uk a 2 page letter
Reposte fail.

As Alan correctly identified, I had read NEW England as opposed to NW England and never thought (nor suggested) that you were in fact the gentleman in your avatar!

Matt
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2010, 04:50 AM   #25
warriorboy
Private First Class
England
Rep
Drives: 320d M Sport coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingKileak View Post
Reposte fail.

As Alan correctly identified, I had read NEW England as opposed to NW England and never thought (nor suggested) that you were in fact the gentleman in your avatar!

Matt
touchē

should have gone to specsavers eh?!

AlanQS - chill dude, just expressing an opinion, that I thought you had a bit of time on your hands, doing something I wouldnt do as I CBA and the chance of a response I'd figure to be quite low.
We just have different priorities of what we spend our time doing.

Dont know why I am even writing a response to someone who has reverted to name calling, guess I must be a bit 'juvenile' really.

Last edited by warriorboy; 10-06-2010 at 04:57 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2010, 05:48 AM   #26
225_AB
Major
Rep
Drives: M235i

Garage List
2014 M235i  [0.00]
2009 BMW 330D  [0.00]
Why not write to BMW. How long did a 2 page letter take, not long I should imagine. Perhaps that why we get crap service because we bitch on forums but never complain formally. So ok it may not make a difference but it might if enough people complained. If companies dont care what their customers think why do BMW spend so much money on market research, mystery shoppers and PR? To have a dig at someone who makes the effort is really rather odd.

The person who doesnt have time to write to BMW has time to post repeatedly on this forum, go figure
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2010, 09:16 AM   #27
AlanQS
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Jaguar XE P250 HSE

Garage List
Sorry Warriorboy, when I said "Juvenile" I wasn't using it in the insulting manner which is often seen, but in it's original meaning, - you are young, because I recognise the attitude in my sons and their friends - and vaguely, from my own youth.

And that attitude could be summed up in "if I think it's a waste of time, then it IS a waste of time".

Age, and I don't mean years and years will modify your opinions on a lot of things, but I won't sink to name calling and insults over a minor matter such as this.

Mind you, I understand that a large percentage of the youth generation are incapable of constructing a letter in the first place.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2010, 10:17 AM   #28
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
LOL...you must be old Alan!
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2010, 11:07 AM   #29
AlanQS
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
I played in my first rock band - in 1970
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2010, 11:10 AM   #30
warriorboy
Private First Class
England
Rep
Drives: 320d M Sport coupe

hey I'll take juvenile as a compliment

I am advanced in years (I can remember what a letter actually was!) and these days I have the attitude of I pick my battles, I have wasted so much time on lost causes, every moment is precious.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2010, 11:21 AM   #31
beemerbird
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: Merc diesel

Garage List
I can confirm that Alan is a mature gentleman and agree, with age we invariably see things differently to those who are younger.

Unfortunately us Brits have a reputation for moaning but doing n'owt about it. Fortunately it is becoming clearer to me that more recently we are prepared to complain or make the effort to air our views, especially to the larger corporations out there.

I certainly do if I feel it is necessary, partly because I know the importance of customer feedback both negative and positive for an organisation, such as the one I work within. But mainly because as you become older you have even less qualms about stating your dissatisfaction about things and the wherewithal to 'put pen to paper'.

Bit like voting in any election..........if you don't vote.............don't friggin moan about the state of things.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2010, 02:18 PM   #32
RockIt
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: Mercedes C350 Coupe

Garage List
On a slightly related note, I also got one of the marketing mails that Alan is referring to and in my current state of annoyance I can understand why he wrote!

I am utterly disillusioned with dealerships and the search for my next car and ever since I contacted BMW Finance to get a settlement figure I've had numerous phone calls asking me if I want to buy a new BMW. Rather than writing a letter I took the phone calls as a chance to list the reasons why I won't be buying a new BMW from that particular dealership and invited them to convince me otherwise. No response

I also encountered appalling customer service from a VW dealership when trying to test drive a Scirocco R. They finally allowed me the 'privilege' of a 30 minute drive and promised to email or call me with an offer on the BMW, having stated that they would be 'looking after you sir!' Still waiting for the email or phone call 2 months later.

Went to Audi and asked after an A5 211 S Line Quattro. No problem. Nothing would be too much trouble, the test drive would be comprehensive etc. etc. Apparently, they would bring a particular model up from Derby for me to test drive. It never happened, However a 'customer service representative' rang to enquire as to my Audi experience and test drive. You can imagine the response. I asked her what she was going to do to rectify the situation. She apologised. That was it.

Now maybe I'm old fashioned here, but surely it should be the salesperson's job to try and sell a vehicle by doing everything that they can to assist the customer? I'm quite likely to settle on an Audi TTS, but I can't bring myself to visit another dealership at the moment!

I refuse to waste my time chasing these cretinous sales monkeys and their false promises. Why do they not want my money?! Does nobody actually give a damn anymore?! Then again, my wife walked into a Ford dealership and a guy quickly finished his lunch and organised a test drive immediately in his own Fiesta as there wasn't one available. Maybe it's the so called luxury brands that are so arrogant that they can turn away a sale.

Rant over.

RockIt!
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2010, 02:30 PM   #33
beemerbird
Major General
England
Rep

Garage List
Hey Gav!

Sorry to hear about your dealer experiences to date, but hope you're well.

If you want to try and get sorted I'm more than happy to have a word with Chris or Dave at Hull Audi or if you'd prefer give them a bell and mention you know me. Would mean coming over this way but chances are if they can get or have a TTS or an A5 they'd let you have a thorough test drive.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2010, 02:40 PM   #34
RockIt
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: Mercedes C350 Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by beemerbird View Post
Hey Gav!

Sorry to hear about your dealer experiences to date, but hope you're well.

If you want to try and get sorted I'm more than happy to have a word with Chris or Dave at Hull Audi or if you'd prefer give them a bell and mention you know me. Would mean coming over this way but chances are if they can get or have a TTS or an A5 they'd let you have a thorough test drive.
Hi Helen.

I'm good thanks. I may end up taking you up on that offer! There are a few more local Audi dealers nearby that I will force myself to try, but if the experience isn't good I'll let you know.

I'd be looking at a used TTS. There are a few about. Would love the RS, but can't justify the cost at the moment and the TTS ticks a lot of boxes for me!

RockIt!
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2010, 03:00 PM   #35
beemerbird
Major General
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockIt View Post
Hi Helen.

I'm good thanks. I may end up taking you up on that offer! There are a few more local Audi dealers nearby that I will force myself to try, but if the experience isn't good I'll let you know.

I'd be looking at a used TTS. There are a few about. Would love the RS, but can't justify the cost at the moment and the TTS ticks a lot of boxes for me!
Ok Gav, just get in touch if you want.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2010, 03:01 PM   #36
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
TTS Gav!!! go for it....;-)

Just to warn you tho....i found the seats not to be as comfy as my 335i....long distance driving....my ass was aching!....

but, hey...its not a GT and for long distance driving...

so i'll shut up....
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 06:55 AM   #37
AlanQS
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
Well would you Adam and Eve it!?

I got a reply from BMW Customer Service. It's marginally better than the usual palm off because they actually raise a case reference as part of "our ongoing quality auditing programme".

Clearly, they don't bother their arse unless enough people register beefs because in a business sense that's the only time when sales might be affected so, I suppose, if enough people had complained - say about the cheap sun visors, they might actually have done something about it.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 07:00 AM   #38
Em135eye
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M135i

Garage List
I have just read the new X3 brochure. It provided me with the sum total of NO useful information - it doesn't have a single word about any off road ability and doesn't even state the towing limits for the car.

All it does is waffle on about it being ideal for turning up at posh restaurants and being "at one" with nature - which when obe runs over an animal, is partially true I guess.

Who writes these brochures?
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 07:25 AM   #39
kaishang
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335diesel View Post
I have just read the new X3 brochure. It provided me with the sum total of NO useful information - it doesn't have a single word about any off road ability and doesn't even state the towing limits for the car.
It doesn't have much off road ability due to low ground clearance. Although you do see them driving on the beach in Australia. But I've driven my old Hyundai on the beach so that doesn't prove much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335diesel View Post
Who writes these brochures?
People who know the target market
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 07:30 AM   #40
kaishang
Colonel
Rep

I went into West London Audi for a test drive and they were totally gormless. It's on several floors so they need a vehicle lift to get cars out of the upper floors. So they couldn't be bothered doing that. They also didn't have any 3 litre demo cars for test drives in the whole dealership. Then I spotted a 3L secondhand one which would have been OK for a test drive. I got a series of "are you gunna buy it?" which would have been right at home at Arfur Daley's Motoring World. Another guy was supposed to find a 3L from somewhere to test drive a week later. He rang me up to cancel a few hours before the scheduled test drive because he said he was busy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockIt View Post
I also encountered appalling customer service from a VW dealership when trying to test drive a Scirocco R. They finally allowed me the 'privilege' of a 30 minute drive and promised to email or call me with an offer on the BMW, having stated that they would be 'looking after you sir!' Still waiting for the email or phone call 2 months later.

Went to Audi and asked after an A5 211 S Line Quattro. No problem. Nothing would be too much trouble, the test drive would be comprehensive etc. etc. Apparently, they would bring a particular model up from Derby for me to test drive. It never happened

I refuse to waste my time chasing these cretinous sales monkeys and their false promises. Why do they not want my money?! Does nobody actually give a damn anymore?! Then again, my wife walked into a Ford dealership and a guy quickly finished his lunch and organised a test drive immediately in his own Fiesta as there wasn't one available. Maybe it's the so called luxury brands that are so arrogant that they can turn away a sale.

Rant over.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 08:39 AM   #41
sheps
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaishang View Post
I went into West London Audi for a test drive and they were totally gormless. It's on several floors so they need a vehicle lift to get cars out of the upper floors. So they couldn't be bothered doing that. They also didn't have any 3 litre demo cars for test drives in the whole dealership. Then I spotted a 3L secondhand one which would have been OK for a test drive. I got a series of "are you gunna buy it?" which would have been right at home at Arfur Daley's Motoring World. Another guy was supposed to find a 3L from somewhere to test drive a week later. He rang me up to cancel a few hours before the scheduled test drive because he said he was busy.
Nice building though, isn't it?
(And don't say no, or I'll be offended, we did the roof, soffit overhangs and fascia on it!)

Replaced by 6.2 litres of AMG powered C class.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 08:44 AM   #42
kaishang
Colonel
Rep

Nice building but could do with more vehicle lifts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheps View Post
Nice building though, isn't it?
(And don't say no, or I'll be offended, we did the roof, soffit overhangs and fascia on it!)
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 08:54 AM   #43
Em135eye
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M135i

Garage List
Quote:
It doesn't have much off road ability due to low ground clearance. Although you do see them driving on the beach in Australia. But I've driven my old Hyundai on the beach so that doesn't prove much.

People who know the target market
Do they really? A load of arty waffle about superior taste and almost nothing about how it drives? An SUV with not a single reference to even the lightest of off road duties. Some random photos of restaurants and trees?

I was mildly interested in one - now I'm not.

Errmmm...
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 09:43 AM   #44
beemerbird
Major General
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
They weren't taking you seriously for whatever reason simple as that.

But if that ever happened to me with any dealer, I'd be complaining, make no bones about it. Hope you complained!!

Hell, I still get invites to Porsche events and they all know I didn't buy another Porsche this time around. They've been the best to date have to say returning calls, e mails and generally being efficient.
Appreciate 0