E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Cruise Control when Traction Control Off

01-29-2015, 01:08 PM   #23
jwzimm
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrousbird View Post
No where in that article does it mention traction control. It mentions stability control reducing roll over collisions.

Traction control != stability control.
Umm.. what do you suppose DSC stands for? hint... it has stability control in it...
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2015, 01:17 PM   #24
datbimmer
Wastegate Rattle
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i m6t nav sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwzimm View Post
I'm not going to argue statistics and minutia with you. The point is, the system is much more capable than the average driver to keep the vehicle under control.

People seem to forget they are in control of a 3000+ lbs kinetic energy weapon. Reducing your margin for error invites unreasonable danger.
That I agree with however what I was trying to say previously is that once that control is lost, if you want to do anything and the traction control keeps you from doing it... it's not the best scenario.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2015, 05:20 PM   #25
Nitrousbird
Banned
Rep
Drives: '07 E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwzimm View Post
Umm.. what do you suppose DSC stands for? hint... it has stability control in it...
What do you think traction control means when someone types traction control?

No where in my post did I mention stability control.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2015, 06:35 PM   #26
jwzimm
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrousbird View Post
What do you think traction control means when someone types traction control?

No where in my post did I mention stability control.
So what are you referring to then? Our cars have a two stage stability management system known as Dynamic Stability Control. One press reduces the system to allow some wheel slip and is referred to DTC or Dynamic Traction Control. It is still part of the DSC system. They are not disparate things. When you engage DTC you are still partially disengaging your DSC system.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2016, 02:54 PM   #27
techlogik
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i Dravit Grey

If you have a DCT car, this is an issue. I run around with cruise control on all the time, use it to drive unless stopping/starting.

Hence, when you want convenience of cruise, yet you need power, you stomp the throttle and uh-oh!!!! DCT slipping, traction control issues etc...

You completely nullify any ability to just stomp the throttle and not screw your transmission. Big DCT issue and no-no. Never should you go full throttle unless you have DTC disengage or go full OFF on the control and have Sport mode on at least.

Best performance, full off, sport and manual mode...but then again, there goes cruise control. Switched off in any mode except regular drive setting, and Sport button engaged, any other mode, cruise control won't work.

Would like the best of both worlds. Have DTC off, and in Sport Mode, and still have cruise control available. People have the coding, but can't seem to get cruise to work as well?
Thx