Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

10-02-2015, 03:23 PM   #45
MFNATIK
Blocked from G80/G82 for having an opinion
United_States
Rep
Drives: Trek Domane

[u2b]iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bvEDN-jM_5M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe[/u2b]

This happened the day I visited the ring. I was wondering why it was shut down for so long...

I give up, if anyone can show me how to embedd a youtube video or fix this please point the way...
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2015, 01:33 PM   #46
spectrumphoto
Just another peanut in the Turd!
United_States
Rep
Drives: g16M850;f30M550;f80M3-ED;e90M3

Yeah, Como area is not the friendliest for these big M3s, nor are the Auto Car washes.

Almost took off a mirror when a tour bus came screaming around a blind corner at me. It was the bus or the building on my passenger side. Fortunately only the passenger mirror got a touch scuffed (as did my shorts) as it could have been a full side swipe.
Then taking the car to the auto wash 30 min before drop off I managed to curb a wheel on the rails, just paint but still.

Fingers crossed the VPC at Port Hueneme will be generous and fix. Still an incredible trip. Will report back my experience in early Nov when she gets to the states (Drop of was 9/22)
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2015, 03:20 PM   #47
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFNATIK View Post
Look at the size of our cars compared to what the local's drive in Italy.
I drovr an F11 at Lake Como and did not enjoy it at all. I was nervous the whole time and didn't really get to enjoy the beautiful scenery. I could not wait to get to Switzerland afterwards.

On a plus side, your car is stunning. It's not a 6MT is it?
Appreciate 1
      10-03-2015, 03:46 PM   #48
MFNATIK
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
I drovr an F11 at Lake Como and did not enjoy it at all. I was nervous the whole time and didn't really get to enjoy the beautiful scenery. I could not wait to get to Switzerland afterwards.

On a plus side, your car is stunning. It's not a 6MT is it?
No, I'm all for technology and ease of use so I went with DCT . My days of shifting my own cars are over. The convenience of having an auto mode for traffic situations in a DD are a godsend.

You are so lucky to be able to purchase an F11. I wanted one so bad for a family hauler but of course, they sent that shitbox 5 GT over here.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2015, 05:20 PM   #49
MParallel
Mr. OEM
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: '98 E36 M3 AW/Black 1 of 12

Quote:
Shoot, next ED I will just drive directly to the Nurburgring and stay there the whole week lol. Its actually a really beautiful area and even the streets on the outside are super fun to carve. Very relaxing!
Plenty of hotels or if your kids are with you, go to the resort I stayed in. Very child oriented and just 15 minutes from the main Nordschleife entrance.

Resort is Center Parks - Park Eifel.

It's actually a Dutch company.

'1998 BMW M3 3.2 Cabrio • Alpinweiß III auf Schwarz • Deutschland-ausführung • 1 von 12 • SMG • SRA • PDC • AUC • GSM • HK • UURS • IHKA • FGR • MFL •

Appreciate 1
      10-03-2015, 05:51 PM   #50
Reid
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: white cars

Quote:
[u2b]iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bvEDN-jM_5M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe[/u2b]

This happened the day I visited the ring. I was wondering why it was shut down for so long...

I give up, if anyone can show me how to embedd a youtube video or fix this please point the way...
Copy the "share" link from YT, not the "embed" link. The video will automatically embed when the link is posted.

Appreciate 0
      10-04-2015, 10:42 AM   #51
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
No, I'm all for technology and ease of use so I went with DCT . My days of shifting my own cars are over. The convenience of having an auto mode for traffic situations in a DD are a godsend.

You are so lucky to be able to purchase an F11. I wanted one so bad for a family hauler but of course, they sent that shitbox 5 GT over here.
It was a rental car from Sixt. Was a 530d, fully loaded and I loved it to death (although not on narrow Italian roads).

I'd buy one in a heartbeat if it was available in the US, I'm a huge Touring fan. Also a giant fan of your car. Pretty damn close to how I'd order my F80
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 1
      10-05-2015, 08:43 AM   #52
Macheins
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 Marina Bay M3 xDrive

Garage List
Quote:

wow... that was intense

I'm planning to take it easy on the track when I'm there while my wife is with me... and I'm definitely not showing her this video or any other crash videos at the ring
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2015, 03:39 PM   #53
ftp222
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 SO M3

Just a quick note for those waiting for their car and to see if their wheel got fixed - Mine was not repaired at the VPC.

According to BMWNA it is considered normal "wear and tear" and is not covered under the insurance policy. I sent a note back to BMWNA stating this is not what is conveyed at the Welt, so we'll see what their response is, but in the mean time my dealer is trying to get this covered as a goodwill repair through the dealership.

On a side note, it is supposedly a 2 day process to repair the 19 inch black rims. So, I just got my car and will now need to be without it again for a couple of days.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2015, 03:51 PM   #54
MFNATIK
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftp222 View Post
Just a quick note for those waiting for their car and to see if their wheel got fixed - Mine was not repaired at the VPC.

According to BMWNA it is considered normal "wear and tear" and is not covered under the insurance policy. I sent a note back to BMWNA stating this is not what is conveyed at the Welt, so we'll see what their response is, but in the mean time my dealer is trying to get this covered as a goodwill repair through the dealership.

On a side note, it is supposedly a 2 day process to repair the 19 inch black rims. So, I just got my car and will now need to be without it again for a couple of days.
How bad/severe was your curbing? I meant to take a picture before I dropped it off but was in a hurry and forgot. You have a shot your curb rash?
Appreciate 0