E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Potential Group Buy for Powerchip (Toronto)

02-26-2011, 05:32 PM   #23
e92bmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2007 335i coupe  [0.00]
2007 335i coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DimSum View Post
I have BMS Powerbox...
The BMS Powerbox dyno's in at 10whp already. I'm not sure why I won't get 15whp from a tune.
If you ask anyone who knows something about ECUs will tell you ultimately that a tune is far more superior than a piggyback that simply alters signals.
My friend got 3whp out of a bms powerbox on a dynojet. Trust me theres hardly any gains tuning a na car, what is supposed to make power its not like a 335i where you can up the turbo boost.

Last edited by e92bmw; 02-26-2011 at 05:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2011, 06:38 PM   #24
DimSum
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: SLOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamadobo View Post
Whats involved in this tune? You send your ECU to Cali?
Mike will be mailing his flash kit over here. No need to mail our ecu's to cali.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2011, 08:23 PM   #25
BPMSport
United_States
Rep
Drives: Harrop M3 / F10 M5 / F82 M4

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
I will respond to all post on Tuesday - sorry for the slow response, I have an enormous workload at the moment.

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2011, 11:18 AM   #26
IB6UB9ok
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i xDrive Estoril Blue

Garage List
I got 7rwhp on winters when I dynoed my 330i :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemw View Post
My friend got 3whp out of a bms powerbox on a dynojet. Trust me theres hardly any gains tuning a na car, what is supposed to make power its not like a 335i where you can up the turbo boost.
BMS PBX/full OEM M-Tech/Perf SSK/Perf strut bar/Perf exhaust/Perf steering wheel/Perf CF trunk spoiler/Perf Handbrake lever/AFe Stage 2 intake/Powerstop drilled and slotted rotors all around/Powerstop Carbon Ceramic pads/M3 front Control Arms/SS brake lines/Koni Yellows/H&R sport springs/Pilot Super Sports all around/PIAA angel eyes/matte black grills/CF splitters/20% tints all-around
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2011, 11:22 AM   #27
IB6UB9ok
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i xDrive Estoril Blue

Garage List
Hey Mike,

What's the price for an E90 330i? Also, does this tune involve modifyi g the VANOS?

What's the difference(s) if any from the AA tune?

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@Powerchip View Post
****Powerchip Toronto Group Buy****

Software Changes:
15-70 Horsepower and 15-80 ft/lbs Torque gain throughout entire Rev Range
Removed Top Speed Limiter - now you can go past 155
Increased redline in gears three and up to 8600 RPM (for M models only)
Optimized Throttle response in normal, sport and sport plus modes
Increased shifting speed and smoothness for cars with DCT transmission
Optimized Throttle Body opening (does not open all the way from the factory)
Optimized Timing and Fueling Maps (high and low octane maps)
Smoother engine operation, and improved cold start operation
Reprogrammed torque management (** Some other tuners remove torque management completely. However, we believe that this is a factory safeguard and that these limits should never be removed but only raised to safe levels given your modifications).
Ability to remove check engine light for cars with no catalytic converters (off road use only)
Optimization for the fuel octane that you run - 91/93/94/ and 100 octane mapping.

Price for M3 (tentative based on amount of cars):
Stage I is normally $990, group buy price is $700.
Stage II software is normally $1490, group buy price is $800.

What distinguishes between Stage I and Stage II? If you have removed or changed your factory cats, your car qualifies for the Stage II flash. All other vehicles fall under the Stage I category tune.

Our tunes are custom dependent on your mods. Before programming your vehicle, we tailor the file that is uploaded to your car depending on your current modifications. We do not endorse "screen tunes" in which areas of maps (such as timing) are simply raised by selecting a portion of the code and increasing the numbers globally. Our tunes are dyno, street, and track proven. If you haven't heard about us please do a search and the reviews will speak for themselves.

Please contact me directly with any questions at 310-488-2418. If there is a lot of interest from New Jersey/New York customers, we may hold a group buy there as well.

Please see below a dyno chart of a car with Fabspeed HFC's before and after our tune. I will also be offering a combo deal with our tune + the fabspeed HFC's so if you are interested in that, please let me know in advance. With that setup plus the tune you can expect massive gains on this car - I've seen over 40 WHP gain with this setup. That's huge! The chart below that is on a car with no HFC's which still shows a very significant gain with our tune. You can see how after the stock car drops off on top that the tuned one keeps making more power.

The 335 tune gains about 75ft/lbs of torque and about 60+ horsepower - and is a direct ECU flash. No piggyback units involved - meaning that your ECU will know exactly what is going on instead of being "tricked" with masked signals coming from the sensors. No check engine lights, undetectable by the dealer - a flash tune is the way to go as piggybacks are asking for problems.

Pricing for 335: Normally 990 - Reduced to $650 for this group buy.

Pricing for 323/325/328 - $500

Dynos in order are: X5M before/after tune, X6M before/after tune, Akrapovic exhaust, before/after tune (akra tune), 335 before/after tune, M3 before/after tune, and the next two are M3 with HFC's before/after tune.

Thanks, and again, please feel free to contact me at the number listed above or email me at mbenvo@gmail.com / mbenvo@powerchipgroup.com.
BMS PBX/full OEM M-Tech/Perf SSK/Perf strut bar/Perf exhaust/Perf steering wheel/Perf CF trunk spoiler/Perf Handbrake lever/AFe Stage 2 intake/Powerstop drilled and slotted rotors all around/Powerstop Carbon Ceramic pads/M3 front Control Arms/SS brake lines/Koni Yellows/H&R sport springs/Pilot Super Sports all around/PIAA angel eyes/matte black grills/CF splitters/20% tints all-around
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2011, 01:10 PM   #28
MarkD
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 74 tii, 93 M5 x2, 07 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DESI4life10 View Post
It's all about exposure Mark. Not many local members have heard about you or your business on e90post.

I work off of reviews, information and results. Post some information if you can and what you can do.

Thanks
I'm planning to be a sponsor here in about 2 months, so don't really want to post anything till then. I need to have a banner made that describes the e9x tuning which I can use here, plus I will make a few dyno plots at Champion motors (I will be working on John's 335i with the bigger turbos) I forget his screen name here but I know that a few of you know him.

Until then, you guys can look at this video of a 335iS with 7 speed DCT that was in Targa NEwfoundland in September. Have a close look at 22 seconds, and again at 1:31. Look just under the driver's names.

Did any of you try 335isGuy's car after he had my software installed? That will give you a very good idea how it works.

Last edited by MarkD; 02-27-2011 at 01:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2011, 05:08 PM   #29
GTI-Gabe
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI

Any details on the tune for the 323i? I see it listed, but would it be worth it?