F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Collection Day!
Extreme Powerhouse

06-18-2014, 11:41 AM   #1
Ross_T_Boss
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335d Touring

Collection Day!

So after 5 months I made it to collection day. It had 5 miles on the clock, spent a good hour looking at the car prior to driving off and couldn't wait to start applying an assortment of G-Techniq products to the car.

Unfortunately it was short lived! Within 2 miles there was loud static (sounds like something is shorting out) from the speakers, independent of any source and actually still there when the car is off. So, she's booked in on Monday morning for the first warranty work with 12 miles on the clock.

I've attached a quick pic of the car - it really does not do it justice, I was sceptical about the Melbourne Red / Beige Dakota (wife's choice) but it looks stunning in the flesh. Especially in the sun, the MR has a really deep colour and looks a lot darker than in the pic. I do wish I had gone down the individual leather route - it's the only part of the interior that lets it down for me in comparison to the RS6. Otherwise I'm very happy with the 7 miles I've covered!

So after faffing around looking at this static issue (they think it's a short as do I, hopefully to be fixed and returned in a day) I had to get on and do a few hours of work so I won't have time to G-tecniq it now. It means it'll be a lot more work to clean it up in 1-2 weeks when I next get a chance (and hopefully the weather, too), and will get some decent pics up when it's done.

I am also seriously thinking about black M-performance grills too, it looks great with the black roof rails and that would just make the look consistent I think. And yes, it could do with being 10-20mm lower, although it's actually lower than my RS2 so that takes priority
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-18-2014, 11:50 AM   #2
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: xxxx

Stunning love the colour, yes go for the black grills

What was the final spec?

Nothing worse than those little new car niggles, my rear window would not open ( boot one) mechanics sorted it today, 10 min job.

Will be getting MR for wife's 2 series, was looking at a 2 series and 4 series angled side by side today, not a lot in it really.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2014, 12:48 PM   #3
Ross_T_Boss
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335d Touring

Final Spec is:

335xd Touring
Melbourne Red / Venetian Beige
MSport+
Visibility Pack
Pro Nav
Advanced Parking
Adaptive Suspension
Elec Memory Seats

Ordering again.... would go individual leather, comfort pack, heated front seats (I don't use them but they seem desirable for resale)
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2014, 12:50 PM   #4
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: xxxx

Nice speck, I would add HUD, Radar cruise, electric seats only so I don't have to touch that cheap bloody plastic.

I was originally not getting heated, however I then used them loads in February, so added to my order lol.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2014, 06:15 AM   #5
SkyJawa
Major General
Rep
Drives: F10 530d

Congrats, looking good!!

Collected mine yesterday too, drove it home and that's literally all I've done - the trials of having a 3 day old baby!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2014, 09:29 AM   #6
JoshB25
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 318d M-Sport

Lovely looking car mate! Love MR! Have fun with the gtechniq products. Awesome stuff!
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2014, 11:41 AM   #7
Ads4
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: MPPSK 340i with MP Bodykit

Black grills look great on MR, especially on an f31 with the black roof rails.
Appreciate 0