EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

06-15-2014, 12:27 PM   #1
AutoArmourSD
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e90 m3

These just arrived at TAG Motorsports and they are awaiting my YMB m4 to show. First picture I've seen. Install pics to come shortly!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-15-2014, 04:15 PM   #2
jc1654M4
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Black M4

Those look
Great. Any better pictures?
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2014, 04:38 PM   #3
AutoArmourSD
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc1654M4 View Post
Those look
Great. Any better pictures?
The boxes haven't even been open at the shop. I'll take better ones tomorrow. Hopefully the car will be here tomorrow so they can go on.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2014, 11:20 PM   #4
AutoArmourSD
Private First Class
Rep

Better picture
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-19-2014, 06:54 PM   #5
jc1654M4
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Black M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoArmourSD
Better picture
They look great can't wait to see them mounted!! Do you know of any like death titanium color?? Or something like really dark grayish with that metallic finish like the death bronze???
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2014, 07:16 PM   #6
JDUni1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M3, '12 135i (Sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoArmourSD View Post
Better picture

Are these on the car yet??? Can't wait to see them.
2015 Alpine White ///M3 | Sakhir Orange/Black Extended Merino Leather | 6MT | Lighting Package | Harmon Kardon | H&R Sport Springs (F32) | iND Cosmetic Treatment | M Performance Spoiler | 19" HRE 301M Frozen Red| Mode Carbon Trophy R1 Diffuser
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2014, 07:17 PM   #7
AutoArmourSD
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDUni1
Quote:
Better picture

Are these on the car yet??? Can't wait to see them.
Tomorrow
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2014, 02:19 AM   #8
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Just an FYI.

Here they BLANTANLY lie about extra holes that were drilled into his wheels for "weight savings" when it was because they drilled the holes wrong, and then drilled more holes to try to make it work, but the wheels vibrated.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...&highlight=adv

In this thread, they BLATANLY lie about their wheels being TUV certiried and HRE calls them out on it.

Buy what you want and like, but be informed.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2014, 02:29 AM   #9
AutoArmourSD
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
Just an FYI.

Here they BLANTANLY lie about extra holes that were drilled into his wheels for "weight savings" when it was because they drilled the holes wrong, and then drilled more holes to try to make it work, but the wheels vibrated.

In this thread, they BLATANLY lie about their wheels being TUV certiried and HRE calls them out on it.

Please delete your post and stop shitting and high jacking others threads. I have nothing but good things to say about ADV1 and their wheels. This is my second set from them and have had zero problems. I'm sorry that person had problems but I have never met a single person that has had a bad experience and none of my friends have. Thank you
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2014, 02:59 AM   #10
Forgiven
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 22, X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
Just an FYI.

WOW thank you for this info.
      06-20-2014, 04:50 AM   #11
0-60Motorsports
Brigadier General
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 JB 04 Coupe

Those look amazing, can't wait to see them on your car.
2011 VW Golf R DSG White/Black
IG: @060Motorsports
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2014, 12:43 PM   #12
kawasaki00
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: SG-E92 ESS-650 BPM Tune

Quote:
Please delete your post and stop shitting and high jacking others threads. I have nothing but good things to say about ADV1 and their wheels. This is my second set from them and have had zero problems. I'm sorry that person had problems but I have never met a single person that has had a bad experience and none of my friends have. Thank you
Just because you have good things to say means nothing. The bottom line is that the certifications for the wheels are not real.
Buy what you want but I would not bolt a set of wheels on the car that have not been certified to be safe.
      06-20-2014, 01:34 PM   #13
AutoArmourSD
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawasaki00
Quote:
Just because you have good things to say means nothing. The bottom line is that the certifications for the wheels are not real.
Buy what you want but I would not bolt a set of wheels on the car that have not been certified to be safe.
Seriously I hate Bmw forum because of people like you. If you don't have direct knowledge and experience then mind your own business. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2014, 02:02 PM   #14
metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: E91 318d

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawasaki00 View Post
Most HRE wheels are not certified either... Only specific offsets, widths etc. You need to test every combination of offsets, widths, sizes to be able to say all wheels are certified and as you understand that is impossible.

Sure, it wasn't nice of them to lie about it but it doesn't say anything about the quality of the wheel.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2014, 02:08 PM   #15
kawasaki00
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Seriously I hate Bmw forum because of people like you. If you don't have direct knowledge and experience then mind your own business. Thanks
So why dont you leave the form then. You have no knowledge of my experience so thanks for the uneducated statement.
So we are only allowed to post things that everyone else agrees with. If you have no problem about a company that produces FAKE documents more power to you bro.
I think the wheels are bad ass looking but I would not buy them. That is my opinion, if you cant respect it then you have the problem. To each his own.
      06-20-2014, 02:10 PM   #16
kawasaki00
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossifumi View Post
Sure, it wasn't nice of them to lie about it but it doesn't say anything about the quality of the wheel.
Did you actually read what you wrote. LOL
      06-20-2014, 02:28 PM   #17
metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawasaki00 View Post
Did you actually read what you wrote. LOL
Yes?
My point was that very few manufacturers have certified WHEELS but a lot are certified manufacturers.

I am out of this now... Great looking wheels OP!
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2014, 11:01 AM   #18
classic6
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB/BB E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawasaki00
Quote:
So why dont you leave the form then. You have no knowledge of my experience so thanks for the uneducated statement.
So we are only allowed to post things that everyone else agrees with. If you have no problem about a company that produces FAKE documents more power to you bro.
I think the wheels are bad ass looking but I would not buy them. That is my opinion, if you cant respect it then you have the problem. To each his own.
Honestly this was from years ago. Why bring it back up?? Let Evan enjoy his wheels and his experiences.
I have ran every different brand of wheels on my old e90M3 including ADV.1's, even though I read those threads. My experience with them...directly, not through a dealer, was GREAT! I worked with Carlos and Jordan on my wheels and they were very professional and handled everything the way i expect a business to be like.

If you don't like what someone posts, just don't respond. Simple as that. It's shitty!!!

He didn't post this thread telling everyone to purchase adv.1's or rant about how great they are. It was meant to show off his choice of wheels.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2014, 12:40 PM   #19
604skyline
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 CS

while I agree how awesome they look, there is something to be said about the ADV quality, and that is its pure garbage....looks amazing, and the custom colours are fantastic, but safety and quality terrible!
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2014, 10:51 PM   #20
boogie1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: m3

i had a terrible experience with forgiato, lots of my friends have them with no probs i had many probs. sometimes mistakes are made, its how the company handles the situation thats important. i didn't get taken care of so well so now i only ride stock wheels!
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 12:52 PM   #21
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossifumi View Post
Most HRE wheels are not certified either... Only specific offsets, widths etc. You need to test every combination of offsets, widths, sizes to be able to say all wheels are certified and as you understand that is impossible.

Does HRE photoshop or lie about TUV certifications?
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 01:19 PM   #22
metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJetE90 View Post
Does HRE photoshop or lie about TUV certifications?
Don't get me wrong, I think what they did was pathetic but it doesn't say anything about the quality of their wheels. They might be shit, or they might be great. But it can't be judged just by a photoshopped certificate even though it points in one direction...

I have a few friends that bought ADV.1 in the beginning and it wasn't that great, 6-8 month lead times and not even close to the finish and quality of HRE. But their recent sets are really nice and the finish and quality is a lot nicer.

And I am not defending them as a ADV.1 wannabe, I only get HRE myself.
Appreciate 0